2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Vcu my boys need the Dub. Give then the A already.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if decisions went out, just not to anyone who has posted on this site yet. Lol what a day. I got absolutely nothing done because I was petrified with anxiety waiting for an update. Edit: literally two seconds after I post this the As start rolling in, because of course 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
they only send acceptances, they won't necessarily contact people who were not accepted :/

OOS A!! Interviewed 9/14!! FIRST A OF THE CYCLE!! So happy lol was expecting a WL today

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
i think you only hear if you get an A i think?
You don’t see anything unless you get an A. Several people on here (including myself) have gotten passed up multiple times this cycle. At this point I hope I can even make the waitlist.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish we were just notified of our status, the waiting game is painful y’all

Reactions: 2 users
Do they go out in one big batch or should we keep an eye on our emails for the next thirty minutes or so?

They're usually sent all at once pretty much (and appear in the portal). Passed up 4 times rip but the WL has decent movement I think

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
man, having no A my mid march with 5 interviews done is brutal :/

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Onto the waitlist we go! Lol I just wanted the wait to end. This school has really good waitlist movement I know!

soooo if we didnt hear back, are we waitlisted?
From the portal: "If you do not receive an offer of admission from us on either of the two remaining offer dates, it is very likely you will be invited to be on our waitlist. If this is the case, you will receive an email from us in the mid- to late-March timeframe with more information."

My guess is we'll hear more about that in early April.

From the portal: "If you do not receive an offer of admission from us on either of the two remaining offer dates, it is very likely you will be invited to be on our waitlist. If this is the case, you will receive an email from us in the mid- to late-March timeframe with more information."

Ah gotcha, thanks!

The question is, how likely is very likely? MSAR reports that VCU’s waitlist is usually between 100-150 people deep, of which 75-100 are pulled off. There are far more than 150 people left on hold post interview, meaning that VCU may reject a large number of people from the hold pool. If not, then the WL will actually be closer to 300 people deep in which case the odds of getting off of it aren’t nearly as good. This process is exhausting 😮‍💨

Where do you see this in the portal?

It’s part of the update email that was sent back on 1/5.
Mine has different wording, it says:
"We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."

Guys!!! Omg IS A! 🥹❤️❤️❤️ Interviewed in October I think. I thought I was gonna get WL after being passed up for the first 3 dates.😭

"We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."
This is the wording I have too

I got that same email when they first notified me about being on hold several months ago. The notification mrsomeone quoted was part of an additional update email sent by VCU back in early January. The original hold email definitely sounds more optimistic so I choose to cling to what that one says 😂

I have that wording from the communication titled "Hold After Selection Committee," which I got after my interview.

The other one I quoted was from the communication titled "Reminders on our admission process," which was the most recent communication from 1/5/24.

I have that wording from the communication titled "Hold After Selection Committee," which I got after my interview.

The other one I quoted was from the communication titled "Reminders on our admission process," which was the most recent communication from 1/5/24.
Did not receive this one, but I did interview a little after 01/05 haha

I am going to choose to believe the MSAR data about waitlist movement at face value, I feel that it would not be that inaccurate if it is reported, maybe someone can call about this just to be sure. This could be the optimism in me speaking though, or maybe the wishful thinking in me :giggle:

I am going to choose to believe the MSAR data about waitlist movement at face value, I feel that it would not be that inaccurate if it is reported, maybe someone can call about this just to be sure. This could be the optimism in me speaking though, or maybe the wishful thinking in me :giggle:
Yes if someone could call about this that would be great

Could WL movement start as soon as Monday? On the presentation it mentions movement starts after 3/15...

So far this cycle their decisions have come out at 6:00 PM, 9:30 AM, and like 2:00 PM. they really like to keep us on our toes lol.
For anyone in the 2025 cycle looking thru this thread, the acceptances for the 2024 cycle offer dates were sent out at the times listed below (all EST). For each date it seems that there was only one wave of acceptance emails.

October 16 - 6 pm
Saturday December 16 --> Monday December 18 - 9:30 am
February 1 - 2 pm
March 15 - 6 pm

Last edited:
Could WL movement start as soon as Monday? On the presentation it mentions movement starts after 3/15...
They have to make the waitlist first and notify everyone who is invited to be on it, so my guess is that it probably wouldn’t begin moving until April at the absolute earliest.

Reactions: 2 users
It's true, ~50% of their last class came off the waitlist (my friend is an M1). They only admit for the 186 seats, so every seat that someone passes on goes to the waitlist.

March 22nd seems to be last years WL email, so more waiting my friends

Secondary question if anyone who interviewed for the md phd program heard back today please let me know

It's true, ~50% of their last class came off the waitlist (my friend is an M1). They only admit for the 186 seats, so every seat that someone passes on goes to the waitlist.
According to admit.org, twice that number received admission by the end of the latest cycle. Guess the WL chances are pretty good then.

So does everyone who gets a hold get on the waitlist? Based on this: “Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list”

Does anyone know if they inform us about our position on the WL as well?

• Hmm