2023-2024 Virginia Tech (Carilion)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my A as well! Best of luck to everyone on the alternate list!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Friendly reminder to withdraw your acceptance if you decided to go elsewhere and give one of us waiting a chance!

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
hey guys quick question, is it true their clinicals are graded? I saw this on MSAR I think but haven't been able to find it anywhere else and wanted to confirm. Thanks !

I emailed admissions to ask a question and they responded that they have already had waitlist movement and the class remains steady :(

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I emailed admissions to ask a question and they responded that they have already had waitlist movement and the class remains steady :(
Oh wow that stinks 😢 Thanks for posting this and letting us know

• Care
hey guys quick question, is it true their clinicals are graded? I saw this on MSAR I think but haven't been able to find it anywhere else and wanted to confirm. Thanks !
They had an info session a few weeks ago detailing the curriculum changes that they're implementing next year. For context, they're going to use a 3 phase curriculum, with Phase 1 (M1 - M 2.5), Phase 2 (M2.5 - M3), and Phase 3 (M4).

In the info session, they said that Phase 1 is Pass/Fail, Phase 2 is Pass/High Pass/Honors, and Phase 3 is Pass/Fail. I talked to a current M1 about the Pass/High Pass/Honors, and she said that it is not awarded on a curve, so if everyone earned High Pass then everyone would get it. I'm not sure what MSAR says since I no longer have it or if they previously used grades for clinical, but it seems they're trying to shift to emphasize holistic grading and lessen the focus on specific grades.