2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know its getting close to March 15th, do we think they still have a few last-minute interview invites to hand out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it confirmed the last offer date is March 15 or is it March 1? March 1 is what it says on the website

Is it confirmed the last offer date is March 15 or is it March 1? March 1 is what it says on the website
This is what I got in their most recent email: "We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I got in their most recent email: "We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."
Confirmed March 15th

is this the same as the hold email? I just checked the portal and it also says March 1 😭

Is the 75/100 pulled off the waitlist an accurate number? If so, that is reassuring.

Hope so! it's the official estimate from the AAMC so i'm sure it's close
I don't know the exact number and it's very much possible that VCU hasn't updated their AAMC reported numbers. They are going through a leadership transition in the admissions department this year so a lot of things may be in flux. That being said, so many of my classmates have been from WL, more than I had imagined, including myself. It's not the worst place to be.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know the exact number and it's very much possible that VCU hasn't updated their AAMC reported numbers. They are going through a leadership transition in the admissions department this year so a lot of things may be in flux. That being said, so many of my classmates have been from WL, more than I had imagined, including myself. It's not the worst place to be.

Any idea if the transitional leadership in admissions means they’re reviewing applications differently?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope this is accurate - was looking on threads from past years and people have questioned it a bit b/c there's usually hundreds in this post-II hold limbo and if they all end up on the WL, that's way more than 100....
Maybe they do send out Rs post II?

Yup I think so. Some people think that they send out a few number of rejections after the interview but I haven’t seen any reported on here.

hold at 3:50PM today, interviewed 2/27. March 15th cannot get here fast enough

Does anyone who interviewed remember what they said about waitlist? I missed it. She said acceptances 3/15, waitlist will come out 7-10 days later. I heard “offers on 7/22” but missed before that. Is it rolling to get off waitlist?

Does anyone who interviewed remember what they said about waitlist? I missed it. She said acceptances 3/15, waitlist will come out 7-10 days later. I heard “offers on 7/22” but missed before that. Is it rolling to get off waitlist?
They said they will "form the alternate list" by April, and you could be invited off the waitlist up to the day before Orientation (which might be 7/22?)

I hope this is accurate - was looking on threads from past years and people have questioned it a bit b/c there's usually hundreds in this post-II hold limbo and if they all end up on the WL, that's way more than 100....
yeah exactly. everyone's on hold after their interview, no way is everyone on hold being accepted/waitlisted. assuming rejections will also come March 15.

yeah exactly. everyone's on hold after their interview, no way is everyone on hold being accepted/waitlisted. assuming rejections will also come March 15.
Fairly certain this isn’t the case. They mentioned at the interview that you get rejected or put on hold the following week. Plus the hold email specifically says the next step is either WL or A…

Reactions: 4 users
Fairly certain this isn’t the case. They mentioned at the interview that you get rejected or put on hold the following week. Plus the hold email specifically says the next step is either WL or A…
Agree that the email said it's either WL or A, but no one has reported any R post-II...

I would expect there to be more than 100 WLs by now. I'm sure the WL numbers will drop when people get accepted from other schools and drop their WLs, but I'm still shook that will result in ~100 WLs?

Agree that the email said it's either WL or A, but no one has reported any R post-II...

I would expect there to be more than 100 WLs by now. I'm sure the WL numbers will drop when people get accepted from other schools and drop their WLs, but I'm still shook that will result in ~100 WLs?
On the 2018-19 thread, one of the assistant deans for admissions mentioned that there were 250+ on the waitlist for that year. I believe another instance, they mentioned that MSAR was inaccurate. I don’t know if these still hold true but I suspect the waitlist number is around the same.

Probably just a reporting sample bias. MSAR numbers could also be inaccurate.

Last edited:

They said it during the interview they do give out post-II Rs, so I would be shocked if they didn’t even if no one has said that on here. But I wish they would be more transparent about the waitlist process 😓

Went to VCU for medical school and currently a resident there as well. Happy to answer any questions.

Reactions: 2 users