2023-2024 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist for interview LM 70 OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Really hoping I get off the II waitlist for an interview here. Anyone know if there is much movement historically?

Reactions: 1 users
Really hoping I get off the II waitlist for an interview here. Anyone know if there is much movement historically?
Looks like last year there were a few that got off the II waitlist starting in December

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone with OOS II talk about their interview dates? it seems they are doing it incredibly late this season.

can anyone with OOS II talk about their interview dates? it seems they are doing it incredibly late this season.
This seems to be the trend (mine was a few months out) and is likely done to prioritize IS applicants.

I am still waiting for II, but I received today, "The Office of Admissions would like to invite you to attend our upcoming open house. This event will take place on Saturday, November 11 from 9:00am to 2:00pm." . I guess it's a positive thing?

Last edited:
I am still waiting for secondary, but I received today, "The Office of Admissions would like to invite you to attend our upcoming open house. This event will take place on Saturday, November 11 from 9:00am to 2:00pm." . I guess it's a positive thing?
I don’t think they would have reviewed ur application without a secondary, so i am not sure if they are related. I would reach out about a secondary though if it’s been a while. I am a fellow applicant so take my advice with a grain of salt haha.

I don’t think they would have reviewed ur application without a secondary, so i am not sure if they are related. I would reach out about a secondary though if it’s been a while. I am a fellow applicant so take my advice with a grain of salt haha.
Sorry, my bad.. I submitted my secondary a month ago, was waiting for II and received this email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was excited for a sec then I saw on last year’s thread that a lot of people don’t get off it and if you do get an interview the OOS acceptance rate is tiny.

Was excited for a sec then I saw on last year’s thread that a lot of people don’t get off it and if you do get an interview the OOS acceptance rate is tiny.
so it isn't just me stalking the previous years lol :rofl:

For those who have interviewed already, is the faculty interview blind to secondary and primary app? And was it super formal? Looking for any details I can get lol

Post-II waitlist. OOS. Can't say I'm surprised lol

They asked me questions off my primary and secondary. I don't know if they can see your GPA or MCAT though.

+1 OOS complete 9/27. Does anyone know what is the likelihood of getting interview slots based on past years? :cryi:
According to 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 threads, there appears to be some movement starting mid-November moving into December. Keep in mind open interviews (for me at least, average applicant OOS) aren't until January/February. Not 100% sure why, but this may be an effort to weed out students not dedicated to WVU. People who aren't dedicated get accepted elsewhere, and then drop their interview with WVU, allowing waitlist movement.

For those that have already interviewed here, how did you send thank you notes to your interviewers?

For those that have already interviewed here, how did you send thank you notes to your interviewers?
You don’t need to send thank you letters after WVU interview. The interviewers just need to hear the thank you in person

For those who have interviewed already, is the faculty interview blind to secondary and primary app? And was it super formal? Looking for any details I can get lol
It is super chill. My interviewers were super kind and seemed like they genuinely wanted to be there. They have full access to your application though so be prepared for questions.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
It is super chill. My interviewers were super kind and seemed like they genuinely wanted to be there. They have full access to your application though so be prepared for questions.
You had more than one interviewer? From there email I thought there was only one 25 min interview. My interview is coming up, just wanted to make sure I have the right info!

You had more than one interviewer? From there email I thought there was only one 25 min interview. My interview is coming up, just wanted to make sure I have the right info!
Hi I interviewed there as well. There's one interview session, but two interviewers present. They will send you some info about the two people a few days before your interview.

Yeah there is only one interviewer, there were 3 people present during mine (one was a student). Sorry for the confusion! The school will send you their bios as well in case you have questions (I wasn’t presented an opportunity to ask any but just in case good to have some). Also hope your interview goes well there!

I'm a very nontraditional IS applicant, good GPA, avg MCAT, but strong ties to WV & WVU school of Nursing, & WVU Hospitals. Got an II Wednesday but only available interview spots were in Feb.
Any insight on acceptance rates for IS especially this late in the cycle? I applied to 2 schools & only sent the secondary in to WVU and it's really where I want to go to med school. Now I'm starting to second guess that decision though and am looking at additional schools to apply WV schools love
I'm a very nontraditional IS applicant, good GPA, avg MCAT, but strong ties to WV & WVU school of Nursing, & WVU Hospitals. Got an II Wednesday but only available interview spots were in Feb.
Any insight on acceptance rates for IS especially this late in the cycle? I applied to 2 schools & only sent the secondary in to WVU and it's really where I want to go to med school. Now I'm starting to second guess that decision though and am looking at additional schools to apply to.
WV schools looooove fellow West Virginians (as you likely know) so there is certainly a decent chance. Every school accepts students at different rates as well. Even getting an interview to WVU is challenging so congrats!! Also I think half of their incoming class is from the waitlist every year as well. You may be able to call admissions to see how many spots are left (but I don’t know if that’s possible)? It also doesn’t hurt finishing the secondary to the other school you mentioned. I would try to schedule the interview as early as possible as they are a rolling admissions school. The decision and application review meeting is at the end of the month and you should hear back within the first week of the next month. Hope it goes well, but if not WVU loves community service and volunteer stuff as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Any insight on acceptance rates for IS especially this late in the cycle? I applied to 2 schools & only sent the secondary in to WVU and it's really where I want to go to med school. Now I'm starting to second guess that decision though and am looking at additional schools to apply to.
Like the other person said, WV med schools love people from WV, so I think you have a good chance if you interview well. I would also consider applying to Marshall because they want WV people too. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users