2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
March 15th for the next round of decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/12, Deferred to next committee meeting

Reactions: 1 user
Do they do post II rejections at this point or just defer to committee meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is applying for the Primary care 3+3 accelerated track, please let me know. I have a few questions to ask.

Does anyone know when the next potential wave is going to be? Im assuming mid April? :(

IS post-II (December) deferral to next meeting on 3/11. Dang this was one of my only two MD II's and the only IS one.

IS post-II (December) deferral to next meeting on 3/11. Dang this was one of my only two MD II's and the only IS one.
A deferral is different than a waitlist. You've still got as good a shot at an acceptance as anyone else they will be looking at during their next meeting.

OOS pre-II R just now, complete 7/28 and pre-II deferred 2/5. Pretty disappointed with this one. Email also mentioned that interview season has ended

Reactions: 1 users
OOS pre-ii R after being deferred for an interview. Love to see the ad for their masters thrown in there

A deferral is different than a waitlist. You've still got as good a shot at an acceptance as anyone else they will be looking at during their next meeting.
True, but I don't think anyone has been rejected post-II yet so far. Hard to gauge if it will turn into an acceptance or if it is just a soft rejection for now till they finish all the other interviewers.

Bit late but I was deferred on 3/11 (interviewed 12/18). Feeling like a soft rejection since I was deferred during the 2022 cycle and was never admitted.

Reactions: 2 users
Will any more decisions be released soon? Or should we expect a waitlist to be formulated at this point?

Will any more decisions be released soon? Or should we expect a waitlist to be formulated at this point?
Based on last year there will be acceptances given sometime in the second week of April, others waitlisted. Then they'll start admitting from the waitlist beginning early May.

is it just me or does waiting for the next wave in a week or two feel like an eternity

Reactions: 4 users
Any 2/23 interviewees hear back? Looks like today wasn't the day

i interviewed 10/30, deferred on 1/17. based on last year's thread, im expecting (praying) for some (hopefully GOOD) news this week!

Reactions: 1 users
They came out with decisions last week so I'm pretty sure that's it for April and we won't hear anything until May
Ahh gotcha, I wasn't aware that's how they operated. was hoping 2/19 and 2/23 interviews might hear back this week or next week.

Any 1/31 interviewers still waiting to hear back?Have not heard any decision updates since then, this wait has been tough.

Any 1/31 interviewers still waiting to hear back?Have not heard any decision updates since then, this wait has been tough.
Most likely going to hear a decision early May. Hang in there! I know the wait has been pure torture...