2023-2024 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You should get an acceptance email. I think we were told decisions from the committee are in the morning and then the emails get finished and sent afternoon. I interviewed earlier in the cycle. After being told verbally, I got my acceptance email in the late afternoon and then an official mailed letter to my home.

just got an email (copied below) — decisions delayed until tomorrow

“Thank you for your application to West Virginia University School of Medicine.

While some applicants received their admissions decision today, many did not. We anticipate all applicants who are waiting on a decision from WVU SoM will hear from us by the end of the day tomorrow. We apologize for this delay.

Sincerely,
WVU SoM Office of Admissions”

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL (neighboring state)
interviewed 2/2

Reactions: 1 user
OOS WL interviewed 2/9

What is waitlist movement like
A pretty good amount of movement typically. Although, I will say it seemed they favored IS applicants heavier off the waitlist last year then in previous years. Here's to some good news in April/May though!

Reactions: 1 users
I was blessed enough to be accepted off the waitlist about 1.5 weeks ago. In the acceptance email it says they will reconsider my application if I do not maintain my bcpm gpa at the number I submitted on AMCAS or higher. I have been doing so to this point, but was curious if anyone accepted in previous years could speak on how much of a change is actually needed for them to withdraw an acceptance.

I was blessed enough to be accepted off the waitlist about 1.5 weeks ago. In the acceptance email it says they will reconsider my application if I do not maintain my bcpm gpa at the number I submitted on AMCAS or higher. I have been doing so to this point, but was curious if anyone accepted in previous years could speak on how much of a change is actually needed for them to withdraw an acceptance.
Not an accepted student or anything, but i thought i might give my two cents. Getting accepted shows they REALLY like you, especially before all the major WL movement in April/May.

A slight change (e.g 3.80 —> 3.78) probably isn’t going to make a med school withdrawal your acceptance. They would not have invested their resources into you just to reject you over one B+ or something. Just try your best to keep that GPA as high as you can and I’m sure you’ll be okay.

My guess is that they include that rule to be able to withdrawal anyone who just up and quits their classes after getting accepted. They probably just want you to keep “trying,” by making it seem like you’re not “100% accepted” yet.

Just got the A call! So surreal...was WL back in late Jan. I hope to hear some good news on everyone else's end! Does anyone know if there's an accepted students group by chance?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A call! So surreal...was WL back in late Jan. I hope to hear some good news on everyone else's end! Does anyone know if there's an accepted students group by chance?
Edit: removed because spam was entering the gc

Last edited:
Congratulations, IS or OOS?

OOS A off of the waitlist today! I interviewed on 2/15 and was placed on the waitlist 2/29

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Edit: removed because spam was entering the gc
I've removed places where the GroupMe link was quoted before this was edited.

Please keep in mind that keeping that link protected is the responsibility of the people in the group and isn't really something SDN can police...

Reactions: 2 users
OOS A off of the waitlist today! I interviewed on 2/15 and was placed on the waitlist 2/29
Congratulations, did you have any connections to the school or area? Also did you send in a letter after the waitlist?

Congratulations, did you have any connections to the school or area? Also did you send in a letter after the waitlist?
I have family ties and a support system in the area. I did not send anything since being waitlisted

Any recent waitlist movement?
I haven’t heard anything back yet. I know realistically that the majority of movement will start happening after the 4/30 date, but I can’t help but feel discouraged, especially since my MCAT score will expire after this cycle

• Care
Has anyone withdrawn from here? I wanted to withdraw from WL and couldn’t find a place on the portal. I emailed the email they’ve used to communicate that I was withdrawing and i still haven’t heard back and it has not been reflected in AMCAS. Has anyone experienced this

I just got an email this morning asking whether or not i wanted to withdraw or keep my name on the waitlist!
was going to mention that this is how they did it last year. usually send out email after April 30th where students put down if they want to be on WL or not.