2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS WL, Interviewed 2/28

Edit: will most likely be withdrawing due to acceptances elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dang seeing all these February interviews getting waitlisted is scary, hope y’all eventually get in and praying for us March interviews as well lmfao

OOS Waitlist just now. Got into another MD top choice so will be withdrawing from the waitlist. Good luck y’all 🙏
Congrats! Are you in the top or middle tier?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Are you in the top or middle tier?
I have no idea haha I didn’t care enough to email admissions about it. EVMS is a very good school but I’m in California and my other acceptance came from a much closer school. I’ll email about it tho just for giggles

I have no idea haha I didn’t care enough to email admissions about it. EVMS is a very good school but I’m in California and my other acceptance came from a much closer school. I’ll email about it tho just for giggles
Thanks!

Should we email asking about our status? What email are yall emailing for waitlist tier?

When they let me know that I was on the WL, they said in the email to email them for the tier. Idk what the procedure would be for if you haven't received a decision yet though. Strange because I interviewed on 2/16 and heard back earlier this month. That makes me think they probably divy the apps up randomly among multiple committees that just meet at different times.

Reactions: 1 users
Should we email asking about our status? What email are yall emailing for waitlist tier?
I don't know! I sort of want to email asking for my application/decision status since it has been almost 8 weeks but I don't want it to negatively impact my application either

I don't know! I sort of want to email asking for my application/decision status since it has been almost 8 weeks but I don't want it to negatively impact my application either
Should be fine just sitting tight. Maybe send an email I suppose since you're outside the 4-6 week window. Their WL decision email had a big, bold NO CALLS on it so I imagine they prefer e-communication.

Check junk! I actually did receive interview decision on 3/29 but it went to junk.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone unable to log into the portal? I'm putting in the correct username and password but it keeps saying incorrect. I wonder if this = R (pre-II)

Anyone unable to log into the portal? I'm putting in the correct username and password but it keeps saying incorrect. I wonder if this = R (pre-II)

You're not missing anything. My portal hasn't changed and I interviewed already. I'm pretty sure any and all communication after submission of the secondary is through phone call or email.

anyone here who interviewed in early March or late feb get accepted? just wondering because I interviewed late March and I assume it’s for a waitlist spot

OOS, pre-II R received finally - the last school I was waiting to hear back from. The cycle is over for me 🙌

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IS still waiting for my Pre-R. Must be hitting all the OOS'ers first, good luck to everyone else in the rest of their cycles!

Is there still chance of getting II or is it too late?

Anyone who interviewed in March hear anything back yet?

Have a sinking feeling there's going to be dead silence until the deadline to narrow down to 3 schools. That's what April 15?

Reactions: 2 users
Have a sinking feeling there's going to be dead silence until the deadline to narrow down to 3 schools. That's what April 15?
yup! However, from last year's thread, it looks like most got accepted the first week of May. My guess is that the movement off WL comes when people "commit to enroll" to other schools on April 30th and start to withdrawal their acceptances to EVMS.

Reactions: 4 users
Is there anyone who still didn't get a Pre-II R from EVMS? I think they just forgot about me lol

Is there anyone who still didn't get a Pre-II R from EVMS? I think they just forgot about me lol
I haven't either. This is literally the last school yet to send me any news, so I just want to be done with it all lol

Think they just WL everyone at this point and waiting till people who were accepted early decide what they are doing

Think they just WL everyone at this point and waiting till people who were accepted early decide what they are doing
I’m fairly certain by the March interview dates it’s either filling up WL or R. Someone else might know better tho!

Will be withdrawing myself off the WL. Got accepted to my state school in California. Best wishes to you all 🙌

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Middle tier IS WL, II on 2/14 and interviewed 2/28

Last edited:
Just withdrew high tier waitlist! Hope it favors one of y'all

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed in early March and haven't heard anything yet. Wondering if that's good or bad news