2023-2024 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R just now. They provided ways to improve my app in the email but it didn't apply to me... for ex: they told me to consider adding hours to my "mission based activities" when I don't have any mission based activities in my app and I added hours to everything I put in my app...

+1 Pre-II R, was on interview waitlist. I think they just sent general ways to improve your application for everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS R today after being on pre-II waitlist since September.

I have some questions for current students about the rural track and MATTER track programs. Is anyone available?! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received OOS II yesterday, was originally placed on hold in July

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else watching their phone like a hawk?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I thought they said we would get decisions over email in the information session, I must’ve Miss heard .
I thought so too but then on here previous groups have gotten calls if it's an A so idk

Reactions: 2 users
They told us they typically make calls in the afternoon. They try (and typically do) make calls if they have the staff but emails are a backup from what I remember.

can anybody share what the WL letter says? I just refreshed my page and I think the text changed.

My son is out of state, had his interview last week, and has been waitlisted.

Feels like they automatically WL most OOS people. Did anyone OOS get accepted recently (not off the waitlist)?

Last edited:
Feels like they automatically WL most OOS people. Did anyone OOS get accepted recently (not off the waitlist)?

I got an OOS A call yesterday, I interviewed mid January and was not on the waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
just looked up past years... WVU doesn't start WL movement until MAY. I know the "commit to enroll" with AMCAS begins around then, but is there any other reason why they wait so late? Guess they only want people that aren't committed to other schools?

just looked up past years... WVU doesn't start WL movement until MAY. I know the "commit to enroll" with AMCAS begins around then, but is there any other reason why they wait so late? Guess they only want people that aren't committed to other schools?
People have already gotten off the WL this cycle. A few posted in December I think.

Pre-II R today

Big boi R

face flying GIF

Got that one all the way from Virginia Beach

Not yet, interviewed 2/14 and watching my phone like a hawk though. If we get an email, does that automatically mean either R or waitlist?
I also interviewed this month, and same here. I think all WL and R are via email, but it looks like most As are via phone call based on reading earlier in this thread

Reactions: 1 users
I also interviewed this month, and same here. I think all WL and R are via email, but it looks like most As are via phone call based on reading earlier in this thread
i remember at my interview (also feb) it was mentioned that all decisions would be sent via email & acceptances would likely (but not always) get a phone call as well in the afternoon — depended on the dean’s availability and schedule for the day, but we were told they generally try to call accepted applicants when possible

Reactions: 1 users