2023-2024 Virginia Tech (Carilion)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I think January and February interviewees hear back at the same time. Did they say when you’d hear back from in the January interview?
March 15

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I think January and February interviewees hear back at the same time. Did they say when you’d hear back from in the January interview?
I thought they said late February or early March for January but I'm probably wrong based on what others are saying

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they said late February or early March for January but I'm probably wrong based on what others are saying
yeah I thought they said early march for January too, guess we will have to see

Dr. P definitely mentioned March 15th as a specific date during the January interviews. Others were apparently told that they would hear something earlier, and applicants from the last several years have gotten A's before then. I would lean towards 3/15 having been given as a date because they can't know when they will be ready to start giving out A's, but they can say with certainty we will know if we are A/R/WL by then since it's the known AMCAS deadline for minimum number of A's to be given out (49 for VTC I believe). That being said, I'm going to give myself an aneurysm if I keep trying to sniff out when/if any A's are coming before then.

A via phone call at 11:15am!
II on 11/29, interviewed 1/6. I feel so blessed. I am the first pre-med in my family ever and this is my first A! :) VTC is my #1 choice and I cannot wait to join the community. Fingers crossed for all my fellow applicants!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
A just now via a phone call! II received on January 2nd and Interviewed on February 3rd!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Post-II R. I loved this school but luckily I have other offers. Congrats to everyone who got the A, this is such a special program :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got post-II R email. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Active status pool email received just now. Does this mean waitlist?

I got an email and I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. As far as I can tell, they're deferring a decision on my application until the April round of acceptances... I guess I'll put it down in my records as a wait list, even if it technically isn't.

Post-II active status pool. Looks like it’ll be reconsidered in April. 2/3 interview

Is there another round of acceptances in April? I thought Feb was the last pool of interviewees

Is there another round of acceptances in April? I thought Feb was the last pool of interviewees
That's what the email said. I suppose it's basically "we aren't quite sure about you so we'd like some more time to decide"

That's what the email said. I suppose it's basically "we aren't quite sure about you so we'd like some more time to decide"
April decision email received as well. I feel like maybe this is a "waitlist"? make sure to send letter of interest/intent!!!

It is a waitlist because I just received a rejection email so you all still have a chance of getting in!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I am in the active-status pool. Is it the same as a waitlist?

Last edited:
How many people do they put on the waitlist?

Is it a waitlist, though? Based on what you all have said, it seems more like a deferral because the email mentions that you will heard in April, which is much earlier than when WL applicants hear back.

They might be waiting for 4/15 to see how many additional spots they would have to give out the remaining acceptances

Do they put everyone who didn't get the first acceptance in the active-status pool?

does anyone know if there is a groupme for accepted students? I know there's a facebook page but I don't have a facebook account/it was corrupted and would love to stay updated and get to know others

Last edited:
I interviewed at another school where they said u either get an A, an R, or an alternate list. But they said majority of people who end of getting accepted first get alternate list, so maybe it’s a similar case here since almost everyone on the forum seemed to get that April decision email

Is active pool status the same as a waitlist? or the same as a deferral? Does VTech utilize a waitlist?

Is active pool status the same as a waitlist? or the same as a deferral? Does VTech utilize a waitlist?
It's more like a deferral than an actual waitlist. The email I received said the committee will have another round of decisions in April, so it isn't like they're waiting for people to decline their acceptances before they send more (as they would for a true waitlist).

As far as whether VTC uses a true waitlist, I don't have an answer for that.

• Wow
Is it true that they have 3 rounds of acceptance, but if you weren't chosen in the 1st or 2nd round, your chances won't be that much greater in the 3rd round?

Has anyone heard back yet regarding the IMPACT scholarship?

For people in active status pool, should we probably expect to hear back within the next two weeks?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
For people in active status pool, should we probably expect to hear back within the next two weeks?
Most likely. I think they're required to send out their minimum number of acceptances by the 15th, so it stands to reason we'd know by then.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Has the round of April decisions happened yet for those in active status pool? And if not, it should happen by end of this week right?

Has the round of April decisions happened yet for those in active status pool? And if not, it should happen by end of this week right?
I dont think so. Hopefully by the end of this week!

I feel like they’ve been giving results on Tuesdays or Thursdays so possibly today we could get results

Nothing yet (as of 2:23 pm Eastern time)

Hopefully, we'll hear something this week!!

I hope they actually have some open spots and we aren't all just waiting for the waitlist email haha.
I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen. I think we will find out in May. That’s what they did last year

• Sad