2023-2024 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Like the other person said, WV med schools love people from WV, so I think you have a good chance if you interview well. I would also consider applying to Marshall because they want WV people too. Good luck!
thanks!
Marshall was the other school. I didn't take o-chem and only 1 semester of physics. My GPA/MCAT are on par with Marshall recent incoming classes, but I don't think they're willing to waive the education requirements. I may complete the secondary and send it in anyhow ... but WVU is really where I want to go.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today at 6 pm MDT. OOS submitted 10/19. Super excited! Only interview slots were in February. LM 77.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II today at 4pm. OOS submitted 7/26. Had lost hope, but will take the February interview slot!

Reactions: 2 users
This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission to West Virginia University SOM.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

From the people who interviewed 10/28, did they say we would hear back 11/13 or 11/14? Trying to decide which day to panic...

Is there much luck on getting off the waitlist for interviews if they’re scheduling until February already?

Reactions: 1 user
From the people who interviewed 10/28, did they say we would hear back 11/13 or 11/14? Trying to decide which day to panic...
Did the pre-interview people showing the video tell you afterwards when they will have the application review meeting?

I interviewed 10/12. I have not heard back, so I doubt you hear back this week.
Oh that’s odd. They specifically told us in the pre-interview info session that they would let us know their decision on either the 13th or 14th so I hope they do. I hope you hear back soon as well!

Did the pre-interview people showing the video tell you afterwards when they will have the application review meeting?
I don’t remember if they said when they would be reviewing our apps but they did tell us that they’d give us our decision on the 13th or 14th. Idk if anyone else who interviewed the same day can confirm this lol

I don’t remember if they said when they would be reviewing our apps but they did tell us that they’d give us our decision on the 13th or 14th. Idk if anyone else who interviewed the same day can confirm this lol
That is really good to hear! They seem to be really quick at getting back if they say the date. You should probably be hearing back today or tomorrow afternoon then. They told my group we would be able to hear back within the week of October 15th and I got a call on the 15th a little after 1pm. They had also said if we didn’t hear back by that time then it would be at the beginning of November since they meet at the end of every month (if I am remembering correctly). Hope you hear back today in order to help resolve the nerves and hope its for the A!

ps. The number said unknown caller id

Members don't see this ad :)
I will have my interview with them soon :oops:, for those who already interviewed, how was the vibe? anything I should be expecting in particular? Feel free to DM me :)

I will have my interview with them soon :oops:, for those who already interviewed, how was the vibe? anything I should be expecting in particular? Feel free to DM me :)
The interview was okay! They were nice, it was pretty formal though. Make sure you are very familiar with your application because they will ask you in depth questions about it and about your activities. Message me if you have any additional questions

anybody have a guess for what time we might hear

From my experience they do things early. The day I got my interview AND the day I got WL I got the emails before 9 AM. I feel that if they were doing it today some stuff would have come out already but I could be totally wrong. Just my experience with WVU. Hope this helps !

At this point I think it’s wise to distract ourselves with prepping thanksgiving dinner and scrolling through Black Fridays deals😂🦃

• Haha
Just got a phone call with the A! Good luck y’all, keep your phones nearby!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
does anybody know when the rejection/waitlist emails go out in relation to the acceptance calls. Before/after? After would be tough seeing tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

Gonna email them and have them take me off their waitlist

OOS waitlist. Does anyone know the earliest we hear back again?

• Hmm
OOS waitlist. Does anyone know the earliest we hear back again?

I believe WL is a solid place to be, but often the movement is after the deadline to rule out other schools. April 30 is that deadline, so most people get off during early May

Has anyone been taken off the pre-II waitlist yet? I read there is usually movement starting in November

Any interview tips for those who've already been able to interview with WVUSoM?
Mine is soon and I'm so nervous about it.
It's a little bit different in that you'll have two interviewers on the call at the same time. Other than that, it's open file and straightforward.

Has there been any movement off the pre-II hold list? I am not sure if its even worth the wait anymore?

It's a little bit different in that you'll have two interviewers on the call at the same time. Other than that, it's open file and straightforward.
There is a med student too, so 3. But the med student is kind of like a support to you if that makes sense, lol. I found their presence to be quite comforting