2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Found out just now I'm also middle tier so giving this a bump since any insight at this point would be appreciated lol.
They do and don't rely on tier of waitlist. My understanding is when someone withdraws an A, they try to match the demographics of the next applicant they pull from the waitlist. So if the only waitlisted applicant who approximately matches demographics is mid-tier, then a mid-tier waitlist gets pulled before a high-tier waitlist, but if a high-tier waitlist matches demographics too then they will be pulled first.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
They do and don't rely on tier of waitlist. My understanding is when someone withdraws an A, they try to match the demographics of the next applicant they pull from the waitlist. So if the only waitlisted applicant who approximately matches demographics is mid-tier, then a mid-tier waitlist gets pulled before a high-tier waitlist, but if a high-tier waitlist matches demographics too then they will be pulled first.

I actually find this very comforting lol. It feels good to know what the process is like and where I potentially stand. Thank you.

Are they still going to accept people off of the March interviews or is it more just to interview people for the waitlist?
from last years data, there were a handful of people interviewed in April/May that were eventually accepted. using that as an estimate, I would say there is still a chance for those interviewing in March this season.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
from last years data, there were a handful of people interviewed in April/May that were eventually accepted. using that as an estimate, I would say there is still a chance for those interviewing in March this season.
Wow didn’t know they interviewed until April/May

Reactions: 1 user
Wow didn’t know they interviewed until April/May
There were 16 people on SDN last year that reported a "WL" in March/April/May. Only 2 of those people were accepted. However, 3 others were accepted in April/May/June that did not report when they received their WL or when they were interviewed.

• Wow
Is the info session required? Has anyone gotten an A without attending the Wednesday session?

Is the info session required? Has anyone gotten an A without attending the Wednesday session?
Not at all required. Heard from a couple people that were accepted did not attend, and did just fine on interviews.

Would recommend attending if you can, as it does give some nice info about the school, how it operates, its history, and goals. 100% recommend staying after to talk to students, if you can, as that was the most informative about how the school would be for you in the future.

No recent acceptances off of the waitlist huh?

when does EVMS send out pre-II R's? checking my spreadsheet and would like to close this one out and not hold on to hope...

Members don't see this ad :)
Any tips for the interview? I saw that there are some MMI style/ethical questions, is that true? Other than those, is it typical med school interview questions?

Hey guys. I am in-state applicant to EVMS. Gave interview in mid-October. Received my WL decision in mid-November (top tier). I sent an update letter and also a letter of intent by now--still haven't heard anything. What are my chances at this point?

• Care
Hey guys. I am in-state applicant to EVMS. Gave interview in mid-October. Received my WL decision in mid-November (top tier). I sent an update letter and also a letter of intent by now--still haven't heard anything. What are my chances at this point?
heard most WL starts in April/May, so just gotta be a bit more patient haha

hope you get it tho man!!!

OOS ii today! No ties. Received via phone call. LM 70. They did say it was one of the last interviews

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anybody hear back from the feb interview dates?

OOS II received last friday, but will be declining it today. hope this invites reaches one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Anybody hear back from the feb interview dates?
I haven’t! OOS, interviewed early Feb and still waiting to hear back. They said 4-6 weeks so hoping to hear back soon 🤞🏼

Hopefully the wizard hamster grants us all good luck as we wait to hear back 😌

IMG_2983.jpeg

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
OOS A off of the mid-tier waitlist at 430pm. Really was not expecting this, and might actually go here

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Is it a bad sign to have been on the waitlist since ~November with no news? Seems like people who interviewed later are already getting off, so I'm wondering if it's a lost cause for those of us who have been waiting since the fall

I also just recently got off the WL here. I am OOS. My timeline was:

Primary 7-5, secondary 8-31, Interview 1-12, WL 2-8 (top tier), accepted 3-22

I did not send them an update letter or attend the Wednesday informational session

• Love
Hey! Has anyone heard back from the Feb interview dates? It’s been 7+ weeks since my interview so not sure if I should reach out since I haven’t heard anything and they said 4-6 weeks? Also do they call or email with an A? TIA and hope you all are hanging in there :)

Hey! Has anyone heard back from the Feb interview dates? It’s been 7+ weeks since my interview so not sure if I should reach out since I haven’t heard anything and they said 4-6 weeks? Also do they call or email with an A? TIA and hope you all are hanging in there :)
I'm in the same boat! Still *patiently* waiting 😭

No idea if you should call for an update or not, but they email for both the WL and the A (at least I didn’t get a call).

Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Waitlist just now. Got into another MD top choice so will be withdrawing from the waitlist. Good luck y’all 🙏

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS Waitlist just now. Got into another MD top choice so will be withdrawing from the waitlist. Good luck y’all 🙏
Congrats on your acceptance to the other school! If you don’t mind, when was your interview with EVMS?

Dang so looks like it’s all just WLs now. Do you guys think their class is full and the last bunch of interviews were just so they have more people on the WL incase people decline?

Dang so looks like it’s all just WLs now. Do you guys think their class is full and the last bunch of interviews were just so they have more people on the WL incase people decline?
Maybe, maybe not. Impossible to tell. I find my mental is better when I avoid speculating lol

Reactions: 8 users