2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Early interviews are good if your application was well polished and everything. It just means you did your job, unfortunately like Altus said it just means you just get reviewed sooner doesn't push any needles per se. But idk if it's me or WLs have been thrown like crazy this year. Every post I see is WL not just VCU...
the thing is... early interviews doesn't mean you have better chances. Not necessarily. That may be true if all schools interviewed based on chronological or priority order (grade or otherwise). In fact, most schools just review based on whoever does the review faster. So fair bit of luck is involved on who you get assigned to. That being said, don't hold your breath yet. WL movements in April and May are substantial at VCU. A big chunk of my friends had come out of WLs here.

Members don't see this ad.

Early interviews are good if your application was well polished and everything. It just means you did your job, unfortunately like Altus said it just means you just get reviewed sooner doesn't push any needles per se. But idk if it's me or WLs have been thrown like crazy this year. Every post I see is WL not just VCU...
i mean even though I have 3 acceptances thankfully (one of which was from a deferall) I have been surprised at how many WL and deferrals I have gotten given I feel my interviews have went pretty well

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
OOS A!! Super excited about this one

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i mean even though I have 3 acceptances thankfully (one of which was from a deferall) I have been surprised at how many WL and deferrals I have gotten given I feel my interviews have went pretty well
Well in reality every school is different. There are many factors that go into giving a student an A right off that bat. Location, etc. Even if it feels like your interview went well there is still a reevaluation of apps and you're being compared to hundreds of other students. So even if it goes well it's not like you are being interviewed by the same people at the schools you got As at... if that makes sense

Next round of A is in March right?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many offers are given on each offer date? Also what are the chances for the WL

I haven't received either pre-II rejection or II since July.

Reactions: 4 users
for the mmi interview how many behavioral, acting, and non-acting questions did you have (besides the single traditional ofc)?

Does anyone know what the second-look weekend dates are? Thank you in advance 🤗

Members don't see this ad :)
for the mmi interview how many behavioral, acting, and non-acting questions did you have (besides the single traditional ofc)?
In my opinion, I thought the questions resembled the type of scenarios asked on CASPER. I would also recommend brushing up on some medical ethics. Best of luck!

For accepted students -- how long did it take to get a background check email after your acceptance letter?

if you haven't interviewed yet or received an R, what are the chances of still getting accepted?

Reactions: 2 users
Not high. Speaking as someone in the same situation as you

giphy.gif

We’re probably cooked, sadly

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. For the people that interviewed after January 30th, have you received the hold email yet? From my understanding, everyone gets put on hold. However, this hasn’t been the case for me yet. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. For the people that interviewed after January 30th, have you received the hold email yet? From my understanding, everyone gets put on hold. However, this hasn’t been the case for me yet. Thank you in advance.
they said decisions would come out March 15 so I don't think anyone wouldve gotten anything regarding decisions

Does anyone know what kinds of questions they ask at the interview? Some examples would be super appreciated!

OOS II this morning. Complete first day we got the secondary

IS II just now! Complete 9/8, also sent an update letter early Jan

IS II 2 hours ago! Submitted 8/31, I applied a little late but this is my first interview!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I was under the impression they do not accept pre-interview invites...

They have in the past and I believe they still do. Granted, no way to know whether it gets reviewed or how it adds to your file but I would encourage it if you have meaningful things to share at this point in the cycle.

They have in the past and I believe they still do. Granted, no way to know whether it gets reviewed or how it adds to your file but I would encourage it if you have meaningful things to share at this point in the cycle.
Agreed. I’ve also seen it said that they don’t accept them, but I already had one drafted and kinda just figured I had nothing to lose and better to go for broke instead of having regrets, and sent it in anyways.

Agreed. I’ve also seen it said that they don’t accept them, but I already had one drafted and kinda just figured I had nothing to lose and better to go for broke instead of having regrets, and sent it in anyways.
I asked them directly about it in the AAMC panel a while back and the said the explicitly don't accept them but let us know if it works in your favor because I'm sending one immediately if so haha

I asked them directly about it in the AAMC panel a while back and the said the explicitly don't accept them but let us know if it works in your favor because I'm sending one immediately if so haha
I uploaded an update end of January to my portal, got the II yesterday, but could very well be coincidental

Reactions: 2 users
I uploaded an update end of January to my portal, got the II yesterday, but could very well be coincidental
Probably a good idea to do this and lowkey restate your interest in the program. Pseudo-LOI update

If we haven't heard anything form VCU yet, is there still a chance to be invited for an interview?

In my opinion, I thought the questions resembled the type of scenarios asked on CASPER. I would also recommend brushing up on some medical ethics. Best of luck!
is the MMI open or closed file? and do they still ask the traditional why med, why VCU questions?

Hey Y'all hope you are doing well.

I just interviewed for VCU this last week, and got an email today saying I was placed on hold pending a potential future offer of admission. What does that mean?

Hey Y'all hope you are doing well.

I just interviewed for VCU this last week, and got an email today saying I was placed on hold pending a potential future offer of admission. What does that mean?
Pretty much everyone who interviews gets that message. It means you will be either accepted at one of the decision days or waitlisted on/after March 15