2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pre II R submitted 7/24
+1 OOS Complete 7/11. Rejection email was kind enough to suggest I recruit the services of a qualified premedical advisor. Sad, because I really love VCU and Richmond, VA.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it said that they review applications prior to receiving Casper scores if I am not mistaken? So maybe they look at applications prior to receiving casper too?

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like the first wave went to II applicants :p hopefully OOS is next

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to those who got II. Reach out if you need any advice or practice.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
pre II R submitted 7/13 OOS no ties LM 77 :( good luck yall…its my first one so it kinda burns also this is a sunday night T.T

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Got the II today, applied fmSTAT, OOS, few ties. Anyone else interviewing for fmSTAT?

Just got II as a fmSTAT applicant, so I'm not sure if I'm missing info about the interview day. Does anyone know how long it is scheduled to be? I was told a tentative 10:30am start time, but trying to plan my schedule is difficult without all the information.

Reactions: 1 user
For this question
4. Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.

Do I mention specific classes here. Or do I just say something to the effect of I was complacent and just wanted to pass my classes. It doesn't seem like they are asking for specifics.

Senior year I was very much in the mindset of just get through senior year pass your classes and move on. I wasn't worried about making A's. Once I had a goal in mind of going to MED school I was much more focused on excelling in my coursework.

For this question
4. Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.

Do I mention specific classes here. Or do I just say something to the effect of I was complacent and just wanted to pass my classes. It doesn't seem like they are asking for specifics.

Senior year I was very much in the mindset of just get through senior year pass your classes and move on. I wasn't worried about making A's. Once I had a goal in mind of going to MED school I was much more focused on excelling in my coursework.

The old adage applies: don’t draw unnecessary attention to things. If it’s one or two courses, don’t even mention it so long as your overall numbers are good. If it’s an entire year’s worth of around C average, then explain it as a whole, not individual classes. Simpler for the adcoms.

Are you guys putting all your science classes under the biology part, or are you just putting the basic ones to meet the pre-reqs? I am wondering if I should include genetics, cell bio, etc in this portion or just my intro bio courses.

are interviews in person this year? or still virtual

Are you guys putting all your science classes under the biology part, or are you just putting the basic ones to meet the pre-reqs? I am wondering if I should include genetics, cell bio, etc in this portion or just my intro bio courses.
I did the required

Do you mind sharing your status?
Hi of course,

cGPA : 3.57
BCPM GPA : 3.68
strong upward trend with GPA (3.2 -> 3.8 -> 3.9 -> 3.8)

MCAT 514 (127, 130, 128, 129)

I am a WA state resident but used to live in Virginia for the majority of my childhood so strong ties there ( I geuss?)

II IS! Complete 8/15, LM 70 (124 CARS). Took casper on 8/10 so I'm assuming they haven't previewed that yet

IS II yesterday at 5:30pm! Complete 7/19

OOS R - sent yesterday late evening. Secondary submitted 7/21

Does vcu not care about in state residency. I do not see any question on the supplement regarding proving VA residency

Does vcu not care about in state residency. I do not see any question on the supplement regarding proving VA residency

VCU is quite out of state friendly. They will ask you to verify IS status for tuition benefits once accepted.

Does anyone who has interviewed here have any tips regarding the MMI format? Are the interviewers relaxed? I remember reading somewhere it's like 14 minutes for the initial tell me about yourself and stuff station and then 4 minutes for every other station, is this true?