2023-2024 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there was any movement off of the pre-II waitlist last year or is it really just a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II!

The next available interview isn't until December. Has this been the case for others who have received interviews recently?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II!

The next available interview isn't until December. Has this been the case for others who have received interviews recently?
Also only had December slots and later available, received II 8/17

OOS II just now, no ties!!

Super excited as I have not heard anything back from any school until this!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II!

Earliest for me was November, but very far into November

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS secondary submitted 08/13. LM 73. Is it too late for me to receive an II?

I submitted on 8/20 with a similar LM score. We are definitely a bit on the later side as WVU is pretty quick in handing out IIs but all we can do now is hope for the best.

OOS secondary submitted 8/12. Waiting for II too. Let’s hope for the best

Waitlist for II. OOS no ties. LM 69. Is this a soft rejection based on previous trends?

OOS, no ties. Interview waitlisted today after submitting complete app 8/13. LM of 71

have not heard anything and submitted 7/11, international

OOS, no ties. Submitted 8/12. Radio silence till now

OOS II ! No ties, LM 73, submitted 08/13

Reactions: 3 users
Seems like quite a few interview waitlist people today (myself included). Maybe no news is good news and you're making it further along than us..
*fingers crossed* lets see what's in store :thinking:😇

For those that got a II or a waitlist, were you sent an email?

OOS II Waitlist, complete 8/17, LM 74 no ties

Just checked last yrs thread, looks like Pre-II waitlist movement started around December so we probably have a while lol. Post-II WL movement seemed to start around May

Last edited:
does anyone know why WVU has the lowest post-II acceptances for OOS students?

does anyone know why WVU has the lowest post-II acceptances for OOS students?
'18% OOS acceptance from II'
I would think its a yield protection related, I doubt someone would choose WV over another school unless they have significant ties to the area. Also potentially because they want to train physicians who will stay in WV for residency and beyond, so the people who are accepted will again have ties or be neighboring states?

complete on 8/8 :( I'd rather they had just rejected me. Now im on hold for three schools and Idk if my heart can take it until the end of cycle lol
I’m sorry to hear that :/, every medical student I talk to says the process is a marathon. I think it’s better than a rejection personally!

• Care
OOS II today, complete 8/30 LM 70, interview date selection earliest was mid January