2023-2024 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you gotten it yet? I'm OOS (no ties, not rural), verified today and received a secondary as soon as AMCAS emailed me that I was verified.
No I haven't. Is it time to email them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

No I haven't. Is it time to email them yet?
Jeez. Is your Casper score in? I doubt that would affect when the secondary is sent out but maybe you could give the admission office a call and ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
so are they going thru apps based on the date submitted?

interesting ty for the info. :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user
II!! Submitted 7/6 OOS 3.9 518

Reactions: 2 users
For the question regarding working with someone from a diff background-- can this be a patient encounter or does it mean like peer collaboration (or both lol) Just want to see how yall approached it! Also double checking they only allow one LOR right?

Members don't see this ad :)
So do they not reject after secondaries? Seems like it’s either II or waitlist for everyone.

So do they not reject after secondaries? Seems like it’s either II or waitlist for everyone
Yeah haven’t seen any rejections after secondaries yet. Like someone said earlier seems like a soft rejection, but they mention in email that “your primary and secondary applications were favorably reviewed”

I was in shock haha. Interview invite!
Just to make I am understanding XD... you completed your secondary and then got an interview invite in the same day?? Congrats though that is awesome!

So if they waitlist you on interview, they will email you that right, since there is not really a status page on the portal itself, haven't heard from anything yet but I am also an international

Reactions: 1 users
So if they waitlist you on interview, they will email you that right, since there is not really a status page on the portal itself, haven't heard from anything yet but I am also an international
yes correct, I received an email. However, the is no changes reflected on the portal.

so basically for this school a waitlist is the same as a (soft) rejection since they dont reject?

I was in shock haha. Interview invite!
Yeah, I'd like some clarification too, please lol
I've never heard of anyone getting an II the same day their application is complete. If this is indeed the case, then by all means, congratulations! I am just a bit wary.

Rejected. Need MCAT score taken within 2 years of expected matriculation (after 08/2021)
From their website "Scores will be accepted from exams taken between September 2020 and September 2023 for Regular Decision Applicants."

Was that just a lie????

My mistake. It is EVMS, not WV

• Wow
Received OOS II on 7/27. Submitted secondary on 7/9. 522/3.97, somewhat strong ties to WV

OOS waitlist for interview. LM 76. Submitted 7/19. Research forward app

OOS II waitlist, submitted 7/8... are we assuming II waitlist is a soft R?

Does OOS waitlist mean soft rejection basically? Especially this early on?

Thanks so much for the information, just one final question if you don’t mind, do you have a strong connected to wvu?
No you’re totally fine! And I do not have any regional ties, I have never been there before. However, I have some other “ties” that make it a little unique, which I wrote about. Feel free to pm me and I can explain further.

can you submit more than one LOR?
I believe so, because it doesn’t say anything about having a maximum amount of letters. But they say that additional letters of recommendation outside of one won’t increase a candidates competitiveness. So I am wondering as well, will they just look at the first one they read?

OOS II Received!! Submitted 7/29, no ties to the state

I strongly dislike this type of portal some of the schools use. It’s so confusing if you’re complete or not.

OOS II last night, LM 71. Submitted on 7/29 :)

• Love