2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That’s all hearsay. All students here get placed at sites. Quality varies, but you will have a site. There are sites in Northwest AR, Little Rock, AR, NEA Baptist (residency program) and St. Bernard’s (residency program) in Jonesboro, Memphis (Baptist - residency programs), Southaven, MS (another Baptist hospital - residency program), Tupelo, MS (residency program), Shreveport, LA (residency program), and smaller towns throughout AR. NYITCOM has no official partnership with these residency programs, but if you are at these sites you will rotate with them in certain specialties.

ARCOM is also on heightened monitoring for accreditation. NYITCOM was just approved, again, for full accreditation.

thank you for ur detailed response, super helpful! Do you know what "heightened monitoring" refers to? because i just saw another school i have an A for with the same description and i wasnt aware of that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you for ur detailed response, super helpful! Do you know what "heightened monitoring" refers to? because i just saw another school i have an A for with the same description and i wasnt aware of that
I don’t want to misguide you. I’m not 100% certain, but it can be for various reasons. This is from another post:

“…"Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring: This indicates that fewer than three standards are non-compliant and ongoing monitoring will occur via progress reporting. For schools with this status, accreditation will be granted for four years."

These components can range from a lack of enough OMM, research, class size increases, etc. There is no way to know why certain schools are under monitoring because they don't release this info. Please do your research into each school…”

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! To double check, do we know who our interviewer is prior to our interview?

Hi everyone! To double check, do we know who our interviewer is prior to our interview?
Actually yes? If you received the official zoom interview link and you click it, there will be something like “xxxx’s room” or “xxxxx haven’t start the meeting”. That’s your interviewer. Do your research and good luck!😊

Anyone who has already interviewed, how many questions were you asked in to 25 minutes?

how long did everyone wait after submitting the secondary for an ii invite? 4-6 weeks?

did you all send the thank you notes directly to the interviewer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you can switch campus to the New York location after getting accepted here?

Does anyone know if you can switch campus to the New York location after getting accepted here?
No you can't. The campus that you interview and get accepted to is the one you would have to attend.

I interviewed today, and have been told that it's probably a good idea to send a thank you letter. Should I the email it to my interviewer or the admissions office?

I interviewed today, and have been told that it's probably a good idea to send a thank you letter. Should I the email it to my interviewer or the admissions office?
Your interviewer said that? I sent mine directly to the interviewer.

I did not go to the Pre-Interview info session prior to my interview but got the zoom link for the one this Friday. Is there any reason I should go to that session? Do we think it could affect my chances of getting in even though they say it’s optional?

I did not go to the Pre-Interview info session prior to my interview but got the zoom link for the one this Friday. Is there any reason I should go to that session? Do we think it could affect my chances of getting in even though they say it’s optional?

I did not go before or after my interview and got accepted. Idk how much it’ll affect their decision but it could have an impact on yours if you have multiple As

A! OOS, OMG MY FIRST! i thought i did so bad crying rn !!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interviewed late November. My interview felt like a stress interview. wow that was a quick turn-around!

When we are saving our seat for this class/school, we only have to put the $1500 down and turn in our acceptance reply form, right? We don’t have to submit our transcripts or FAFSA or immunizations until later?

Anyone have any idea when the next round of decisions will be released? Interviewed last week and can't stop checking my email lol

Just FYI, fall semester ends Dec. 15th. If you do not hear anything before then, you may not until after Jan. 7th when the spring semester starts. That is not based on any knowledge from the admissions staff but wanted you all to know that could*** be the case. Enjoy the holidays.

• Care
Just FYI, fall semester ends Dec. 15th. If you do not hear anything before then, you may not until after Jan. 7th when the spring semester starts. That is not based on any knowledge from the admissions staff but wanted you all to know that could*** be the case. Enjoy the holidays.

Mentally preparing for this to be the case for this program and others, happy holidays everyone!

Submit $1500 deposit by 12/14 means we have until 11:59 pm on 12/14 to submit correct? I tried submitting before midnight 12/13 but my bank is causing issues for trying to submit a large amount at this time I am not sure why.

If someone can reply asap I would appreciate

Submit $1500 deposit by 12/14 means we have until 11:59 pm on 12/14 to submit correct? I tried submitting before midnight 12/13 but my bank is causing issues for trying to submit a large amount at this time I am not sure why.

If someone can reply asap I would appreciate
You should definitely call them today and clarify or let them know the issues you've been having! Hopefully they will understand your circumstance and give you alternative options.

Just want to give my 2 cents and few things to consider in retrospect for incoming students of 2028. This is mainly for students who haven’t excelled academically in the past. If you’ve always done well, you can ignore this:

26 students remediated (about 20% of the class) last year after a 2% overall curve and 3 didn’t pass remediation, but also those who re enter with the new class the following year will be in probation not only for fall, but for spring as well (aka if you fail anything you’re dismissed). You pay for remediation the following spring (32k I think) and for the cost of attendance the following repeat year, but the courses you’re repeating with the next years class are 50% of the original tuition. Most students take out 90-100k in loans for a year for tuition and living expenses.

For this class of 2027, I’m not sure what the curve will be like if there is one, but I know many in danger of not passing and having to remediate. So the number of 26 seems like it’s going to be repeated at the very least this year. Talking with the students who are repeating the year currently I can tell you it’s a stressful process and a long one. Forget about the money aspect or how it will affect your loans for the 5th yr, being in limbo for almost a year and a half after the first semester is rough. Most schools allow you to repeat a course the following semester or in the summer, but the way the curriculum is set up doesn’t allow for that. Also the claim is that it improves pass rates for step 1.

All in all the faculty are good and supportive if you reach out for help, but obviously the onus is on you to do what needs to be done to succeed and that’s how it is at any school. Just know the first semester is a learning curve for many especially if you havent been one of those high gpa or mcat individuals. Anyone can pass even if you come in with a low gpa or mcat, but if you have other similar American DO options, I would highly consider those options in order to save yourself the headache of having to potentially be held back a full year and everything else I mentioned that comes with it. Again this is my opinion and of some I know, but I want to be clear I’m not speaking for all.

Reactions: 6 users
If they say it’s optional don’t worry about it.

Just want to give my 2 cents and few things to consider in retrospect for incoming students of 2028. This is mainly for students who haven’t excelled academically in the past. If you’ve always done well, you can ignore this:

26 students remediated (about 20% of the class) last year after a 2% overall curve and 3 didn’t pass remediation, but also those who re enter with the new class the following year will be in probation not only for fall, but for spring as well (aka if you fail anything you’re dismissed). You pay for remediation the following spring (32k I think) and for the cost of attendance the following repeat year, but the courses you’re repeating with the next years class are 50% of the original tuition. Most students take out 90-100k in loans for a year for tuition and living expenses.

For this class of 2027, I’m not sure what the curve will be like if there is one, but I know many in danger of not passing and having to remediate. So the number of 26 seems like it’s going to be repeated at the very least this year. Talking with the students who are repeating the year currently I can tell you it’s a stressful process and a long one. Forget about the money aspect or how it will affect your loans for the 5th yr, being in limbo for almost a year and a half after the first semester is rough. Most schools allow you to repeat a course the following semester or in the summer, but the way the curriculum is set up doesn’t allow for that. Also the claim is that it improves pass rates for step 1.

All in all the faculty are good and supportive if you reach out for help, but obviously the onus is on you to do what needs to be done to succeed and that’s how it is at any school. Just know the first semester is a learning curve for many especially if you havent been one of those high gpa or mcat individuals. Anyone can pass even if you come in with a low gpa or mcat, but if you have other similar American DO options, I would highly consider those options in order to save yourself the headache of having to potentially be held back a full year and everything else I mentioned that comes with it. Again this is my opinion and of some I know, but I want to be clear I’m not speaking for all.
Was it 26 just from the Arkansas campus? This is very concerning, but I’m curious to know if this year it will be similar in remediation rate.

You should definitely call them today and clarify or let them know the issues you've been having! Hopefully they will understand your circumstance and give you alternative options.

Thank you! Yes I did email them immediately last night and I tried giving them a call this morning but I don't think they're open yet.

Can someone still clarify if "by 12/14" means I can submit deposit by the end of the day today?

Was it 26 just from the Arkansas campus? This is very concerning, but I’m curious to know if this year it will be similar in remediation rate.
yes the Arkansas campus only, won’t know for sure until spring semester starts.

Thank you! Yes I did email them immediately last night and I tried giving them a call this morning but I don't think they're open yet.

Can someone still clarify if "by 12/14" means I can submit deposit by the end of the day today?
I would call around 10-11am CT time before lunch, I think you can still submit by end of the day.

I would call around 10-11am CT time before lunch, I think you can still submit by end of the day.
Thank you they just responded to my email - you can submit deposit today if anyone else was wondering the same or experiencing the same issue