2023-2024 Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys know if there’s still a decent amount of seats left?

Members don't see this ad.

Being that the school is new, they probably do and if not, there will be a lot of waitlist movement
They're not doing a waitlist. However, the first round of acceptances have to put their deposit down by Dec 21st and the safe bet says that not everyone will secure their seat. Once that date passes I'm sure many people will get some movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Being that the school is new, they probably do and if not, there will be a lot of waitlist movement
Yeah I just interviewed there and they do WL. I suspect they might over accept (a lot of schools do) because a lot will drop their seats

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah there's no wait list. I will most likely be dropping my Acceptance from there in a week or so, hopefully it goes to one of y'all. It definitely sounds like a solid program that's being built on a solid foundation within the Baptist system.

Reactions: 2 users
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why there isn’t a WL?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who got rejected -- did you ask for an application review and not hear back ?? I asked like 3 weeks ago...

Anyone who got rejected -- did you ask for an application review and not hear back ?? I asked like 3 weeks ago...
got rejected post-interview at a diff school and emailed them asking as well and it took a little over a month for them to reply so it might take a while

Anyone interviewed recently and waiting for a decision? So much anxiety

Members don't see this ad :)
Is BUCOM selective with secondary's? Does getting one mean an incoming interview or does everyone get one?
From what I've gathered they are selective. However, they care more about mission fit over stats.
There also has been rejections post secondary.

From what I've gathered they are selective. However, they care more about mission fit over stats.
There also has been rejections post secondary.

I was unaware they gave out rejections post-secondary and pre-II. For the most part, I believe, since they screen so heavily before secondary, that secondary = very high likelihood of II given good writing on the secondary.

Yeah I get the sense they are more mission heavy than anything

I was unaware they gave out rejections post-secondary and pre-II. For the most part, I believe, since they screen so heavily before secondary, that secondary = very high likelihood of II given good writing on the secondary.
I spoke to them yesterday and they said that they do give post-secondary rejections, BUT it is pretty rare. Stick to their mission statement though.

I’m still hopefully waiting for an II but was wondering if there was something you did not like about the school?
I'm not a fan that it's a Christian school. However they're a lot less in your face about it than other places like Liberty.

Does anyone know the average time post II to get a decision?

guys when is the deposit due? i know the official acceptance email says 12/21 but the scholarship essay said 12/14? i have more interviews in the coming months scheduled but will prob need to put down a deposit
It's due 21. The original due date was supposed to be the 14/15 but they had to delay it. I'm willing to bet they didn't update the scholarship page after the delay happened.

I’m still hopefully waiting for an II but was wondering if there was something you did not like about the school?

I actually loved the aspect of it being a christian school the D.O. principles are built on values that come from the bible. It is a well thought out and organized school but the main problem for me is location and I am from Ohio and want to be in a school where i can connect with the population i will be working with!

I actually loved the aspect of it being a christian school the D.O. principles are built on values that come from the bible. It is a well thought out and organized school but the main problem for me is location and I am from Ohio and want to be in a school where i can connect with the population i will be working with!
Thank you for sharing a diff perspective!

for anyone that has interviewed- what questions did they ask you? any tips/advice? appreciate all the help!

guys when is the deposit due? i know the official acceptance email says 12/21 but the scholarship essay said 12/14? i have more interviews in the coming months scheduled but will prob need to put down a deposit
Just out of curiosity, what types of scholarships do they have at this medical school? The only scholarship page that I could see was on the scholarships for the undergrad college.

The only scholarship currently is 10, 10,000 for students are are accepted. Not sure if this will be for every class, but at the moment that is the only one I know of.

They will ask you the basic, Why DO? Why Medicine? Possibly why Memphis/this tristate area. They definitely will ask you something about your application too, so be familiar with that. There was also an ethical question in mine.

How many people were at the interview date? How many seats would be open at this time?

How many people were at the interview date? How many seats would be open at this time?
I think each interview has 10 people. I’m not sure how many seats are open as of rn, maybe like half?

Out of curiosity, they interview a total of 160? And accept 75? There is no waitlist either right?

Out of curiosity, they interview a total of 160? And accept 75? There is no waitlist either right?
I think they interviewed a 160 until 11/1. Not sure if they only accept 75 or accept more since there’s not a waitlist a people will drop.

I think they interviewed a 160 until 11/1. Not sure if they only accept 75 or accept more since there’s not a waitlist a people will drop.
So like is there a timeline of when they send out acceptances/rejections? Sorry for the questions I’ve been put on waitlists for two schools and this is my only interview I have left in january

So like is there a timeline of when they send out acceptances/rejections? Sorry for the questions I’ve been put on waitlists for two schools and this is my only interview I have left in january

I think the current batch of interviews will be hearing their decisions around Dec. 15th. It sounds like this school interviews in big batches over the course of a month, then releases decisions, repeat.

For anyone who got an ii, did they check off the “verify letters of recommendation” box just before they invited you?

I didn't see these answered in this thread (I hope)

1.This is my first in-person interview (submitted early November), I was wondering if the school helps fly applicants out or if we pay for everything?

2. Also, what time does the interview day start? I wasn't able to see that when signing up

Thanks in advance guys

I didn't see these answered in this thread (I hope)

1.This is my first in-person interview (submitted early November), I was wondering if the school helps fly applicants out or if we pay for everything?

2. Also, what time does the interview day start? I wasn't able to see that when signing up

Thanks in advance guys
Congrats!!
1. The school does not reimburse you for flight costs and hotel costs, not sure if they provide assistance for this I did not ask
2. The interview day starts at 8 AM and I believe ends at 2 pm if you take their optional tour
Good luck!

Congrats!!
1. The school does not reimburse you for flight costs and hotel costs, not sure if they provide assistance for this I did not ask
2. The interview day starts at 8 AM and I believe ends at 2 pm if you take their optional tour
Good luck!
Thank you so much!!