2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS WL just now, mid-January interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL, unlucky but I think this school has good waitlist movement from what I've seen in the past

OOS WL today. Interviewed 2/15. Withdrawing myself, best of luck y’all!

Reactions: 1 user
So did everyone who interviewed in January and beyond get WL?
Does anyone know if someone got an A and was interviewed these months?

Members don't see this ad :)
So did everyone who interviewed in January and beyond get WL?
Does anyone know if someone got an A and was interviewed these months?
Looks like everyone got WL. This is normal for NYIT I think. If you look at past threads, other than last year, NYIT always waitlists EVERYONE who interviews after January.

Looks like everyone got WL. This is normal for NYIT I think. If you look at past threads, other than last year, NYIT always waitlists EVERYONE who interviews after January.
from past threads, do you know if there is usually a lot of movement?

I’d have to check again. I think last year WL movement started in May but I’d have to check again.
i just went through last years, they had some movement end of april and then end of may. this wait is gonna kill me

Reactions: 2 users
can someone explain to me what exactly they mean by “the waitlist is not ranked”? does that mean it’s like a first come first serve situation? every school does it so different i can’t even keep them straight anymore

can someone explain to me what exactly they mean by “the waitlist is not ranked”? does that mean it’s like a first come first serve situation? every school does it so different i can’t even keep them straight anymore
I believe ranked waitlists have people higher up on the list and people lower on the list in terms of how much the school wants them. So if you are ranked #5 on a waitlist that accepts a lot of people you have high likelihood in getting in whereas if you were ranked #80 you have a much lower likelihood of receiving an acceptance. If it’s NOT ranked like NYIT, I believe that means that they systematically re-review all applicants on the waitlist as equal when movement starts and pull people off who they think are better fits after said review. That’s just what I’ve seen people say on various SDN threads, so I could be wrong.

I also wonder if the interviewers attend the admission meetings. I read some old posts stating that they gave either "recommended" or" not recommended".

I see that WLs have come out. You can expect movement around mid-late to late April. Once the trafficking guidelines come into place, accepted students who are less serious about attending NYITCOM will withdraw their A and open the floor to those of you who really wanna come here. Looking forward to giving a campus tour to some of you.

accepted students — did they provide you any kind of housing guide/reccomendations? i know there’s postings in the fb group but im wondering if the school provides anything

accepted students — did they provide you any kind of housing guide/reccomendations? i know there’s postings in the fb group but im wondering if the school provides anything
They haven’t said anything about housing, I think you’re pretty on your own for that from what I’ve heard

Does anyone know if the school is still offering interviews?
There is a very high chance that you will not receive a II from NYITCOM. I am very sorry. They had the last set of interviews in March last year and sent rejections in May.
Is there an accepted student gc?

so is it confirmed that they're not sending interview invites anymore?

I see that WLs have come out. You can expect movement around mid-late to late April. Once the trafficking guidelines come into place, accepted students who are less serious about attending NYITCOM will withdraw their A and open the floor to those of you who really wanna come here. Looking forward to giving a campus tour to some of you.
Is there a specific place to register for a medical school tour? I am trying to book one via the link below and where it asks for major there is no option for Osteopathic Medicine / Medicine in general. Thanks so much!

Is there a specific place to register for a medical school tour? I am trying to book one via the link below and where it asks for major there is no option for Osteopathic Medicine / Medicine in general. Thanks so much!

To receive an invitation for a med school campus tour, you must get accepted to the program. I don't know if it matters whether you get an A from the WL, but when I was accepted, I saw the invite in my junk mail. I hope this helps.

To receive an invitation for a med school campus tour, you must get accepted to the program. I don't know if it matters whether you get an A from the WL, but when I was accepted, I saw the invite in my junk mail. I hope this helps.
Gotcha, that is helpful, thank you! I am currently on WL and was hoping to come see campus to demonstrate interest, seems like I’ll have to wait then 🤞🏼

I am happy to announce that there is an accepted student's tour planned for April 26 according to the Student Ambassador event sign-ups. This could mean that WL movement is on the way before then. I will not be able to conduct it, but I hope this is reassuring for those of you on the WL.

EDIT: Another campus tour scheduled for April 19 and May 3. I will be conducting the May 3 tour. I hope to see some of you then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
When does WL movement typically start here? May?
Last year, May 11 was the day of movement. Two years ago, it was April 22. There are accepted student tours lined up, starting next week, so hopefully, it moves sooner than later.

Reactions: 4 users