2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are the traffic guidelines for DO schools? I understand that I need to withdraw from other acceptances by May 1st according to AACOMAS, but does this guideline also include schools I've been waitlisted at?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where how do I withdraw my acceptance at NYITCOM?

Reactions: 1 user
What are the traffic guidelines for DO schools? I understand that I need to withdraw from other acceptances by May 1st according to AACOMAS, but does this guideline also include schools I've been waitlisted at?

Essentially, you can only hold one DO acceptance after May 1. Sounds like it is okay to be on WL, but they expect you to withdraw from lower-priority schools once you get an A.

Does anyone know where how do I withdraw my acceptance at NYITCOM?
Email admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get bridge program email? Any current students I can PM?

Reactions: 1 users
They send mass emails for the bridge program. If you would like to guarantee yourself a seat in a year (ASSUMING you pass the bridge program), then you can take it, or you can stay on the WL and hope for the A. I think they accept a lot of people from the WL.

They send mass emails for the bridge program. If you would like to guarantee yourself a seat in a year (ASSUMING you pass the bridge program), then you can take it, or you can stay on the WL and hope for the A. I think they accept a lot of people from the WL.

Would you mind if I PM you about it?

Does it entail anything for the waitlisted people if having not received the email about the bridge program?

I got the email. I looked at the previous threads and it seemed like people who got the bridge email didn’t get off the waitlist :/

Reactions: 2 users
Does it entail anything for the waitlisted people if having not received the email about the bridge program?
Not from anything I have seen. A lot of people who do OR don't receive the email get accepted from the WL at some point.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the deadline to commit was for accepted students?
I read some previous posts about the deadline for tuition payment on April 15th. My understanding is that the committee meets monthly, (not sure how it works for the WL review).

Not from anything I have seen. A lot of people who do OR don't receive the email get accepted from the WL at some point.
Wait so even if you got the bridge program email you might still be able to get off the waitlist? Will it just be way later than if you didn’t get the email

I read some previous posts about the deadline for tuition payment on April 15th. My understanding is that the committee meets monthly, (not sure how it works for the WL review).
don't think the april 15 is accurate. If i remember correctly, tuition is "collected" the day of orientation.
Wait so even if you got the bridge program email you might still be able to get off the waitlist? Will it just be way later than if you didn’t get the email

you can still come off wl if you got the bridge program offer

Yes. Can't say when anyone would get off WL if they received the email. You would be removed from the WL if you accepted the program, so don't accept it if you don't intend on doing it.