2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if NYITCOM exams are graded or P/F and if they rank students? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if NYITCOM exams are graded or P/F and if they rank students? Thanks.
Exams are pass/fail. You are ranked at the end of the semester or year, I think. But they always give you the distribution for all exams to see how many people got higher/lower grades than you.

Exams are pass/fail. You are ranked at the end of the semester or year, I think. But they always give you the distribution for all exams to see how many people got higher/lower grades than you.
The exams aren't technically pass/fail because you do get a number grade for them, but I know what you're trying to say. The grade for the entire course that goes on your transcript is P/F or Honors. But yes, like you mentioned, you get a distribution that tells you what the average was. And at the end of the semester, if your final numerical average is in the top ten percent of the class, you get the "Honors" distinction as opposed to just "pass" on your transcript. They do rank students and I'm not sure when this is done, but the administration mentioned that this ranking is sent to the residencies you've applied to.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If we don't hear back tomorrow either, I guess those of us who interviewed in January might be on the waitlist.

If we don't hear back tomorrow either, I guess those of us who interviewed in January might be on the waitlist.
i don’t understand that. Why would they waitlist every single person who interviewed in January and still send out lots of interviews? Also, they usually have had a WL drop at this point in previous cycles.

If all the seats in the class are already taken, that's probably what will happen. But let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they haven't reached that point yet.

If all the seats in the class are already taken, that's probably what will happen. But let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they haven't reached that point yet.
I see their GroupMe is at 143 members. They also have people from the BS/DO program coming in soon, and idk how many people who got in haven’t joined and how many people on the group just haven’t left the chat yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Dam did I smoke this interview just to get auto-WL? 😔

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was placed on hold until review sometime between now and end of March. Is that a soft rejection?

Interestingly, I see that the Arkansas January interviewees also haven’t heard back.

Little inside scoop: Dean Wadsworth mentioned in tonight’s SGA meeting that the class for both campuses are full and they’re starting to work on the WL. I have no idea what this means for January interviews, but I figure this means some of us will get As and others will be put on hold.

Little inside scoop: Dean Wadsworth mentioned in tonight’s SGA meeting that the class for both campuses are full and they’re starting to work on the WL. I have no idea what this means for January interviews, but I figure this means some of us will get As and others will be put on hold.
Interesting, thank you for the information! Do you know what that means in terms of timeline?

Thanks for the info. Really wanted that A but at least now I can stop giving myself excuses and start prepping for the next cycle.

• Care

Thanks for the info! I interviewed mid-February, I’m guessing I’m most likely going to be placed on a WL (only reason I assume that vs getting a flat out rejection is because my interviewer said the interview went well and I had scored highly on the responses)?

Last edited:
I saw a previous post saying that they accepted updates. But on the website, they say that they don't take updates. I submitted a secondary since late June :(

I saw a previous post saying that they accepted updates. But on the website, they say that they don't take updates. I submitted a secondary since late June :(
weird. i sent an update letter over email in january. i was in the same boat, my file was complete late june and i hadn’t heard anything but after i emailed the letter i got an interview invite 2 weeks later. where are you seeing they don’t accept them?

weird. i sent an update letter over email in january. i was in the same boat, my file was complete late june and i hadn’t heard anything but after i emailed the letter i got an interview invite 2 weeks later. where are you seeing they don’t accept them?

strange!!! when i sent mine they just said “Thank you for your email. Your file has been noted with your email update and your letter has been uploaded to your application for the Admissions Committee to access and review.” and that was just over a month ago. If you have some substantial updates that you think would really boost your app, the worst they can say is no! go with your gut

• Care
strange!!! when i sent mine they just said “Thank you for your email. Your file has been noted with your email update and your letter has been uploaded to your application for the Admissions Committee to access and review.” and that was just over a month ago. If you have some substantial updates that you think would really boost your app, the worst they can say is no! go with your gut
Great! I sent a letter of interest yesterday and got the same email :)

I recently got accepted to the Student Ambassadors program, and I received a sign-up sheet for assisting with NYITCOM recruitment. There is one NYITCOM pre-interview session planned for the end of March. For those of you who are waiting on a II, know that it is not over. Check your emails around mid-March. You might like what you see.

Reactions: 9 users
Any January interviewees hear back yet? Weird how they still haven’t sent anything out, even WL.

Reactions: 6 users
Source for the classes being full?
👆🏻

Does this mean they're no longer sending out IIs

Does this mean they're no longer sending out IIs
I think so. I looked at last year's thread and they were pretty much done this time around. I just saw a couple of II throughout March but it doesn't seem like they sent out another wave of them.

I think so. I looked at last year's thread and they were pretty much done this time around. I just saw a couple of II throughout March but it doesn't seem like they sent out another wave of them.
Damn

Hi! :) I was able to call and speak to the admissions office regarding decisions for interviews. Apparently the committee usually meets once a month, however they haven’t met since January (which explains why many people haven’t heard back since their January and February interview). The person I spoke to said they are likely going to meet at the end of March/early April to start sending out decisions. Hope this helps and good luck! :)
This was on the Jonesboro page. Think we can assume that the same thing happened with the OW campus?

anyone who got waitlisted send an LOI and get accepted after? i feel like some programs put more weight in LOIs than others and im not sure what this one is like

anyone have any word from jan/feb interviews? are they just gonna be annoyed w me if i email to check on status?