2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone who is a current student know when the waitlist movement generally happens?
+1 sent an LOI last week and wondering what timing looks like. When I went to a tour, the student I was with said that she got off the WL in May…

Members don't see this ad.

OOS waitlisted as well from 3/13 interview, but I've heard good things about movement so hopeful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone who is a current student know when the waitlist movement generally happens?
I believe last year the interviews ended around early April and then slowly people got accepted off the waitlist. But to be completely honest you could get accepted even up until the first week of school. We start much earlier compared to other schools so people could still be waiting on other acceptances and they could make the last minute decision to withdraw their acceptance here.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have match lists for here? I can't find any online

[mention]nicolemed [/mention] Someone earlier posted the Match List from 2022 and 2023. You can contact admissions for the 2024 although I do not know if they have the list ready for distribution
Just found it - thank you!!

Anyone who has matriculated - do you have to take a drug test as a matriculation requirement or by a certain date? I didn't see it mentioned in my acceptance email!

Anyone who has matriculated - do you have to take a drug test as a matriculation requirement or by a certain date? I didn't see it mentioned in my acceptance email!
When I matriculated last year, there was no drug test so it could be the case again this year. However, be on top of your immunizations or you will get angry emails throughout the year about getting them done.

Members don't see this ad :)
First DO R pre or post-II I'm surprised but not too upset best of luck to you all!

I’m a current first year at UNECOM and would be willing to talk with you about my path to deciding UNE. I am happy I chose UNE, but I did not apply to atsu or dmu so I can only speak to UNE. Feel free to message me if you want to chat.
Hi! I am waitlisted at UNECOM and its my first choice. I have sent a letter of intent and been shadowing alum from there, I hope I have a good chance of getting in. are you from the area? Would you go there if you went back in time?

Hi! I am waitlisted at UNECOM and its my first choice. I have sent a letter of intent and been shadowing alum from there, I hope I have a good chance of getting in. are you from the area? Would you go there if you went back in time?
Hi, current first year at UNECOM. I would strongly suggest looking at other schools. UNECOM brands itself as being holistic, public health oriented, and caring. All 3 of these things are false. They micromanage you, give you "potty breaks", and mostly waste your time. Seriously, you aren't missing out.

• Okay...
Hi, current first year at UNECOM. I would strongly suggest looking at other schools. UNECOM brands itself as being holistic, public health oriented, and caring. All 3 of these things are false. They micromanage you, give you "potty breaks", and mostly waste your time. Seriously, you aren't missing out.
very vague. I have no problem with people being honest about their experience but if you'll criticize a school then give examples. These comments just scare people.

like a previous person commented, it'd be helpful to give specific examples because otherwise this just seems like you're trying to scare people away without actually helping them make an informed decision. If the "potty breaks" you're referring to are the 5-10 minute breaks we get in between each hour we have lectures, I definitely think these are helpful for those who need to reset, grab some food, ask the professor questions, and just do whatever they need to do. So while you may not find it useful, others do.

Reactions: 1 users
Btw if you want match info you can email admissions! They were quick to answer me

like a previous person commented, it'd be helpful to give specific examples because otherwise this just seems like you're trying to scare people away without actually helping them make an informed decision. If the "potty breaks" you're referring to are the 5-10 minute breaks we get in between each hour we have lectures, I definitely think these are helpful for those who need to reset, grab some food, ask the professor questions, and just do whatever they need to do. So while you may not find it useful, others do.
One thing I can tell is that for some reason, this year's thread is so much shorter than previous years if you do a bit search in the history. I wonder if the school has stricter monitoring of this forum.

One thing I can tell is that for some reason, this year's thread is so much shorter than previous years if you do a bit search in the history. I wonder if the school has stricter monitoring of this forum.
The school doesn’t monitor this forum. It’s just individual students who are probably procrastinating studying (totally not me…). They only find out about egregious issues when students bring it to their attention.

Does anyone know if other people (aside from the one person in this forum) have been accepted off the waitlist?

Any current or recently graduated UNECOM students that I can speak to?

Thanks. Do they email or call with the acceptance?
Email. It was titled Unecom decision and then had a pdf attached with the acceptance letter. I was surprised because they have emailed me the week before about staying on the waitlist and I missed the deadline to fill out the form to stay on the WL