2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, congrats on the acceptance! I’m sure you deserved it. Wish us luck!
i haven't gotten an acceptance, my interview is next week. but thank you and I'm wishing you the best too!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi! :) I was able to call and speak to the admissions office regarding decisions for interviews. Apparently the committee usually meets once a month, however they haven’t met since January (which explains why many people haven’t heard back since their January and February interview). The person I spoke to said they are likely going to meet at the end of March/early April to start sending out decisions. Hope this helps and good luck! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they'll accept a letter of intent after interviewing or if it makes sense to send one?

I really liked this school during my interview and visit but ngl the attrition rates do scare me quite a bit. Any current students have anything positive to say to help ease the decision making process haha?

Does anybody know if NYITCOM accepts AP credits as a valid way to meet the pre-requisite requirements?

I really liked this school during my interview and visit but ngl the attrition rates do scare me quite a bit. Any current students have anything positive to say to help ease the decision making process haha?
Attrition and remediation are different. Remediation is repeating a course. Attrition is not graduating. Most everyone that has to remediate does so successfully. Those that actually leave the school and do not graduate do so for various reasons, and it is a much smaller number than the amount that remediate a course.

To answer your actual question, most classes are tight-knit and made of mostly good people. Everyone looks out for each other. Most of the faculty are supportive, and you can develop relationships with them if you care to. It’s really not that hard to pass if you just put in the effort, and you won’t have any trouble with anything else if you just act like a professional student.

General advice on choosing a school:
1. Any US MD school
2. Cheapest DO school unless brand new
3. Most established, non-branch campus DO school
4. Established branch campus DO school
5. New DO school

Of course you will need to factor in location preferences, resources, distance to support network, etc. Reaching your goals largely depend on you, some schools just make it easier than others.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know how match went this year for NYITCOM-AR?
They seemed to have had a very good match! A few matches in orthopedic surgery, a good amount of general surgery, and I think there was 1-2 who matched in dermatology

Reactions: 2 users
Where are you seeing the match results? And do you know when the match list will be up?

Where are you seeing the match results? And do you know when the match list will be up?
I was watching it live, you can also look on their instagram page. They posted a reel of all the matches

Reactions: 1 users
have they started releasing decisions?
I think it’s just NYIT OW campus coming out right now, but hopefully that means Jonesboro campus decisions will be this week as well. Sadly, only WL coming out of NYITCOM OW; however, in the past Jonesboro campus has still handed out As at this point so there’s still some hope. Also, more interview slots opened from 4/5-4/9 so some II will be sent out soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted just now (OOS interview 2/14). Any thoughts on this school compared to ATSU-SOMA?

Also wl from late jan interview (will b pulling my spot had strange vibes from the school + interviewer was 20 min late)

Answered my own question; I'm withdrawing from the waitlist. Good luck to everyone waiting!

WL, will be withdrawing… not happy with how they managed this

OOS II. Do I even bother doing this if they've already filled the class?

OOS II. Do I even bother doing this if they've already filled the class?
it's most likely for the WL. if you have other As that you prefer over this school I probably wouldn't bother. just my 2 cents.

It seems as if a lot of applicants from Jan-Mar interviews received WL or rejections; any A? Also, has anyone not heard anything back yet? I interviewed on March 4, and nothing yet...

I heard that they filled a lot of their class early on for this cycle! I think (this is assuming) because more applicants committed (paid their deposit) to NYIT this year more than previously due to good match lists, etc

You applied late, to 5 schools, and already have 2 As and 3 WLS. Tell us your secret please!?
i wasn't expecting any success. my stats are fairly avg for DO, but i think it might've been my writing/LORs. feel free to msg me if you want more info

OOS A just now, interviewed late January. I've accepted an offer elsewhere so I will be giving up this seat. I really hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck!!!!