2023-2024 Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If y'all are expecting a call on Monday, may be delayed because of weather conditions. Just something to keep in mind.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
True. Reading the email again, they said it won’t be until “after Monday” since it will be the MLK holiday. I wish they gave us a specific date, ugh. cx

Members don't see this ad :)
@bored_suitcase It was faculty but I do not believe we can disclose the members/positions as that would give away the interviewing process set out by the committee. Just be yourself, they are genuinely nice and conversational. Hands down my favorite interview out of the other schools.
They do read about your experiences, so semi-open, I believe just not test scores and GPA.

Has anybody heard anything about an acceptance or possible acceptance since they said that it was possible to get one after the holiday weekend? Just sitting at home twiddling my thumbs feeling anxious.

Has anybody heard anything about an acceptance or possible acceptance since they said that it was possible to get one after the holiday weekend? Just sitting at home twiddling my thumbs feeling anxious.
Nope. They said it would be out last Friday. And then last Friday they said they would release decisions after deposits are due on Jan 15th. So I'm guessing sometime this week?

Memphis is having a weather-related state of emergency as of now. I think things "may" be okay by Friday.

I know there is a groupme but I made a FB page for accepted students for c/o 2028 with chats to find housing etc.! I have also posted the academic calendar among other things!

BUCOM Inaugural Page

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have data about how many primaries BUCOM received, the number of individuals who received interviews, and the post-acceptance rate?

How were deposits submitted? I logged into the portal they gave me and submitted the next application, but I don’t see an option to deposit there.

How were deposits submitted? I logged into the portal they gave me and submitted the next application, but I don’t see an option to deposit there.
I was wondering that too. I think there might be a follow-up email for the Matriculation Checklist? The email from Friday said "see the attached document for further instructions," but I don't see any attachment on it.

I was wondering that too. I think there might be a follow-up email for the Matriculation Checklist? The email from Friday said "see the attached document for further instructions," but I don't see any attachment on it.
Hi I submitted my deposit on this school last week. You need to click on your admissions decision letter. From here you can accept or decline your offer and this page will take you to a payment website.

Hi I submitted my deposit on this school last week. You need to click on your admissions decision letter. From here you can accept or decline your off
Oh I see, I'll try that now

Did any of you guys from the last batch get a provisional acceptance? Or you all just got normal acceptances? Congrats btw.

Edit: anyone know how many spots are still left?

@bored_suitcase It seems as if all the seats are full if I had to guess from the groupchat. I got the normal acceptance. I do know some will give up their seats so there is wiggle room for acceptances

Reactions: 1 users
So I know they have on-campus housing. Can med students live in the on-campus housing? Do they have availability for the double rooms?

So I know they have on-campus housing. Can med students live in the on-campus housing? Do they have availability for the double rooms?
They said that while we could live in the on-campus housing, it probably wasn’t what we wanted. It was separate living spaces with a community kitchen.

Interviewed 1/17. If you’re waiting to hear back they are a few days delayed on decisions due to a staff member’s absence. They said they would likely have decisions ready by the end of this week.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone waiting for the call! I feel the A's coming

Reactions: 2 users
received a provisional acceptance today. it sounds like this is the first group (interviewed 1/17) that was not offered full acceptances due to the current class being full. this was and is my first choice school so if y’all are looking into other schools and get accepted please pass over that A! congratulations to everyone who received provisional acceptances though!

Reactions: 4 users
received a provisional acceptance today. it sounds like this is the first group (interviewed 1/17) that was not offered full acceptances due to the current class being full. this was and is my first choice school so if y’all are looking into other schools and get accepted please pass over that A! congratulations to everyone who received provisional acceptances though!
Congrats!! Hope to see you this coming Fall or even the next! You're gonna be a doc WOOOOO

How many ppl got provisional acceptances in ur group? Congrats btw

How many ppl got provisional acceptances in ur group? Congrats btw
I’m not sure, I didn’t ask but would also like to know. The email says “provisional acceptances are not ranked” so I’m not sure if that means they will accept people by interview date/order or what.

I got a provisional acceptance as well

Reactions: 3 users
got provisional A as well!
Could you explain what the provisional acceptance entails? What do they tell you about it? I have an interview coming up and am just worried about the whole provisional acceptance thing.

Could you explain what the provisional acceptance entails? What do they tell you about it? I have an interview coming up and am just worried about the whole provisional acceptance thing.
You're basically on a waitlist. However, if you don't come off the waitlist, instead of being rejected you get an automatic acceptance for the following year.

You're basically on a waitlist. However, if you don't come off the waitlist, instead of being rejected you get an automatic acceptance for the following year.
Hmm, that's a little frustrating. I wish they had disclosed that to me. I am having to skip a couple classes of my master's program (which already has near guaranteed admittance to their DO school) to go to the in-person interview. Would have made more sense and been more "fair" to offer a virtual interview, especially after they filled their seats.

Hmm, that's a little frustrating. I wish they had disclosed that to me. I am having to skip a couple classes of my master's program (which already has near guaranteed admittance to their DO school) to go to the in-person interview. Would have made more sense and been more "fair" to offer a virtual interview, especially after they filled their seats.
I'm sure they would value your opinion on the subject.

Do those that receive provisional A's need to pay the deposit? Just out of curiosity.

Do those that receive provisional A's need to pay the deposit? Just out of curiosity.
Nothing about a deposit just yet. I think they will send a separate email when the summer is over. I think there is still time for provisional As to be moved to full As. The deposit for the last interview group before they started doing provisional As is due Feb 16.