2023-2024 Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to everyone that just got the A! when did you all interview??

Does anyone know how they‘re going to organize clinical rotations? Where are all the sites, and how do they decide who goes where for each rotation? Will they be using a hospital system in Memphis for the core rotations, or will students be bouncing around Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, etc for rotations?

Does anyone know how they‘re going to organize clinical rotations? Where are all the sites, and how do they decide who goes where for each rotation? Will they be using a hospital system in Memphis for the core rotations, or will students be bouncing around Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, etc for rotations?
Baptist memorial Healthcare group. 22 or so hospitals across those states we can go to. BUCOM gets priority for spots at these places.

I believe they said all of the baptist system is within a 3 hour drive, also. So its not too far

Members don't see this ad :)
So as far as outside scholarships, will we be eligible to apply for those since the school is new?
To my knowledge every normal scholarship and financial aid is available since the school isn't for profit.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys, does receiving a secondary mean candidates have a high chance of an interview at this school?

Reactions: 1 users
Hello guys, does receiving a secondary mean candidates have a high chance of an interview at this school?

Yes! It means a very good chance of an interview as long as your secondary demonstrates you would be a good mission fit.

Got the A elsewhere, withdrawing my II and hoping it goes to one of you hopefuls

• Care
OOS II
Has anyone interviewed here and was not accepted? What’s the post-ii acceptance rate?

OOS II
Has anyone interviewed here and was not accepted? What’s the post-ii acceptance rate?
there have been people rejected post II, I assume the acceptance rate is close to what most schools would be at 50%

Interview received! OOS. Scheduled for Feb 7th!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! Just wanted to check in here. Had my interview today. A couple new things.

1. They are handing out 'provisional acceptances' next week (or rejections) because they are still waiting for deposit commitments from previous interviews on January 15th.

2. If you are provisionally accepted you will be offered a seat once seats free up (in order of when you interviewed) so you're really just waiting for people to not pay their deposit to free up a seat. Or last minute withdrawals to free up a seat.

3. If you are offered a provisional acceptance and no seats become available for 2024 start you have a secured seat to start in 2025 should it come to that

Apparently, we are the first cohort that will be getting provisional acceptances because there are only 75 seats for the first class! A little bummed about that but otherwise nice faculty and very conversational interview

Hi all! Just wanted to check in here. Had my interview today. A couple new things.

1. They are handing out 'provisional acceptances' next week (or rejections) because they are still waiting for deposit commitments from previous interviews on January 15th.

2. If you are provisionally accepted you will be offered a seat once seats free up (in order of when you interviewed) so you're really just waiting for people to not pay their deposit to free up a seat. Or last minute withdrawals to free up a seat.

3. If you are offered a provisional acceptance and no seats become available for 2024 start you have a secured seat to start in 2025 should it come to that

Apparently, we are the first cohort that will be getting provisional acceptances because there are only 75 seats for the first class! A little bummed about that but otherwise nice faculty and very conversational interview

Thanks for the info. I wonder when they are going to completely max out and start waitlisting people.

Just got an II for here. What kind of questions do they ask? And how is the interview? This will be my first interview

I'm seeing mixed comments on there first class size. There are some saying there first class will be over 100, while others saying it will be 75? Anyone know definitively?

I'm seeing mixed comments on there first class size. There are some saying there first class will be over 100, while others saying it will be 75? Anyone know definitively?
It is for sure 75 people. Just interviewed here and that is what they said. 2025 start will be 130.

+1, it is most definitely 75 for the first class.

Aah, I have an interview coming up in the next week and thought there would be more seats available. I'm assuming there aren't many spots left open at this point.

Aah, I have an interview coming up in the next week and thought there would be more seats available. I'm assuming there aren't many spots left open at this point.
Not everyone who has been accepted will be actually going. I'm still up in the air about it. Don't give up hope.

They mentioned that the class at the moment is full, and that they will only be doing provisional acceptances.

If you look at it in a different perspective, receiving a provisional acceptance means you will get a seat no matter(this year or next), or a rejection and you do not have to hold up on hope since there is no waitlist.

Just got an email that they would be notifying us on Monday instead so that they have time to be able to give out some full As!

Edit: after Monday, oops

Last edited:
I wonder if this would mean some will get provisional A’s and some will get full A’s?