2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS A this morning, first one :')

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
IS A interview was early december. the 1500$ deposit is steep ngl

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're invited to my new group 'NYITCOM-Long Island accepted students Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

has this school went out rejections yet? I've been complete since mid August

has this school went out rejections yet? I've been complete since mid August
if I'm not mistaken, they don't send out rejections. they just let you know in august that the interview cycle has ended and to apply again

Reactions: 2 users
If I haven't heard anything from them by now, is it safe to say I should take it as a rejection? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A received on 1/4! Interviewed 12/12 :)

Can a current student confirm if this school gives you an iPad during orientation? If so, which model do they give?

Can a current student confirm if this school gives you an iPad during orientation? If so, which model do they give?
Orientation, they said everyone gets an ipad but idk what model. It would probably vary anyways by year

OOS A received on 1/4! Interviewed 12/12 :)
OMG CONGRATS!!!

I interviewed 12/14... have yet to hear anything but hopefully an A soon just gonna send that out into the universe lol

• Care
I interviewed on 10/26 and I haven't heard anything back yet. Have I been waitlisted? When would I hear back?

Do they have a portal to check your application status? Or is it just emails...

Was scared to check this forum till now, interview invite november 15th, interviewed december 5th, accepted jan 4th!

Reactions: 4 users
When do you guys think next II wave will come?

Is it too late to submit an application to this school?

OOS II today! How was this interview for the people that have interviewed? Any crazy questions?

OOS II today! How was this interview for the people that have interviewed? Any crazy questions?
Wasn’t the biggest fan. Very very fast paced and impersonal, not very conversational. Interview lasted 19 minutes for me, and 4 of those min were me asking questions to my interviewer. Overall pretty standard questions, all the questions asked were on SDN.

Congrats to everyone! No crazy questions, prepare for the most common ones, tell me about yourself, why medicine, why NYITCOM, do you think your experiences have prepared you for medical school, experience with diverse patients, one time you have been misjudged. Prepare some questions about the interviewer as they will give you that opportunity at the end. So the interview starts with the interviewer introducing themselves and then he/she will say okay now tell me about yourself. My interview was not very conversational, but the interviewer was very respectful and nice. So basically ask the question, get the answer move on to the next question, no comments given, sometimes my interviewer said very well and that's it. The interview is traditional semi-blind, they have access to all your activities but not MCAT scores and GPA. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone know the post II acceptance rate? Can’t seem to find any data anywhere

I received a Zoom link, so I would suggest to confirm with the admission office to make sure there are no mistakes and to avoid the stress during the actual interview day.

Might sound like a stupid question, but to withdraw an A do you just need to email them or is there some place in the portal where you can withdraw?

Has anyone else received an II for the Arkansas campus after putting a preference for the Long Island campus?

Reactions: 1 users