2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone not heard anything yet? I've been completed since early September. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing and if I should maybe send an update letter.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone not heard anything yet? I've been completed since early September. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing and if I should maybe send an update letter.

Same but late September~

Reactions: 1 user
Any ideas on when the next wave of decisions will be? Based on last year I’d assume it will be sometime around Feb 10th…. I also heard there are a lot of WL given in Feb, is that a thing?

This might be a dumb question but im assuming based off of this “NYITCOM does not accept updates or additional material(s) once you have submitted your Supplemental Application. We consider all of the materials presented to us to be most relevant at the time of your application.” that pre ii update letters are not accepted

Am i right?

This might be a dumb question but im assuming based off of this “NYITCOM does not accept updates or additional material(s) once you have submitted your Supplemental Application. We consider all of the materials presented to us to be most relevant at the time of your application.” that pre ii update letters are not accepted

Am i right?
Yeah friend, based off that I would say don’t send any letters regardless of pre or post interview

Am i right?
“NYITCOM accepts and encourages updates to be sent directly through AACOMAS.” This is what the email said after I submitted the secondary application.

“NYITCOM accepts and encourages updates to be sent directly through AACOMAS.” This is what the email said after I submitted the secondary application.
I emailed an update letter and I got a thank you and that it will be added to my file for admissions to review. I don’t think it’s a bad thing

Reactions: 2 users
Recently withdrew my A, good luck everyone!

If we interviewed over a month ago, should we assume we are waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
those who got decisions what would u say was the general turn around time from interview to decision? i interviewed this morning but realized i didn’t ask 🫠

those who got decisions what would u say was the general turn around time from interview to decision? i interviewed this morning but realized i didn’t ask 🫠
mine was 2 weeks but that was back in Oct/Nov so might be more backed up now? Good luck!!!

How much longer do you all think they'll be sending out interviews?

I interviewed 12/12 and got accepted 1/4 so I would say around 3-4 weeks! Good luck :)

Anyone know what day they typically release decisions? Tomorrow marks 5 weeks since my interview day.

Seems like they typically release decisions on a Thursday or Friday from what I can gather, think January interviewees hear back today or tomorrow?

Hey everyone! Incredibly fortunate to have been interviewed by NYIT- Long Island today. The interviewer said I had done well and the interview was pretty chill tbh. Does anyone have an idea what the turnaround time for decisions is?

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure! My cGPA is a 3.86, sGPA is a 3.82, 506 MCAT. I have close to 2700 hundred hours of patient care (working as a PCT and volunteering experiences), 38 hours shadowing IM, and 14 hours with anesthesia. Also have 200 hours of research from undergrad (Covid had cut my other opportunities short) and strong LOR's

Just an fyi from the past few cycles (not sure about last year as im too lazy to check) : jan interviews and beyond are automatically waitlisted (if deemed acceptable for A) and further A's wont be out till may/june. I believe they usually have the class filled at this time and are waiting till people settle with other decisions before they start accepting people off WL.

Hopefully this is different for you guys this year!

Last edited:
Just an fyi from the past few cycles (not sure about last year as im too lazy to check) : jan interviews and beyond are automatically waitlisted (if deemed acceptable for A) and further A's wont be out till may/june. I believe they usually have the class filled at this time and are waiting till people settle with other decisions before they start accepting people off WL.

last year january interviews received acceptances on 02/10/2023

Yeah I saw that. As someone else said, last year seems to be one of the first years in a while that they gave As to January interviewees. They sent out a wave on 2/10 and then a wave of WLs on I believe 2/16 or so. I think the WLs from previous cycles were also released around 2/16 which means we (January interviewees) are past the typical wait time now. Hopefully they release decisions soon though…

I interviewed in October and I still haven't gotten a Decision yet.

Damn :(

I interviewed in October and I still haven't gotten a Decision yet.
have u emailed to check the status at all since then? this happened to me with a different school for monthsssss and it was a mega pain but i got the A so i hope it goes that way for u too!!!

have u emailed to check the status at all since then? this happened to me with a different school for monthsssss and it was a mega pain but i got the A so i hope it goes that way for u too!!!
I did email them on jan 16th and they said my application is under review and they couldn't provide me a timeline.
So im thinking they will send a mass email that I have been waitlisted.

Hi all- wondering if anyone knows when they normally send interview invites until.

II at Arkansas campus today. I'm pretty sure I only applied to the NY campus tho. Should I email them?

You can check what you put on the secondary site before emailing to make sure.
They also say they reserve the right to choose for you so idk.

1708534091823.png

You can check what you put on the secondary site before emailing to make sure.
They also say they reserve the right to choose for you so idk.

View attachment 382963
Yeah, I did select the NY campus. I've already been accepted elsewhere so I can afford to be a bit picky. I'll email and see what happens.

Haven’t heard a single thing since summer, should I call and ask for a status update?