2023-2024 Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Paid my deposit here months back but will be dropping my seat to attend elsewhere

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Is the class filled? Has any one who interviewed this month gotten an acceptance and not a provisional acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the class filled? Has any one who interviewed this month gotten an acceptance and not a provisional acceptance?
Class is filled im pretty sure. Still possibilities for peeps to drop.

Class is filled im pretty sure. Still possibilities for peeps to drop.
Aww That kinda sucks. I wish they were a little clear on that. It is so much time, resource and money to go interview just to have the class already filled.

Aww That kinda sucks. I wish they were a little clear on that. It is so much time, resource and money to go interview just to have the class already filled.
Yeah, but on the bright side a provisional A is still an A. Fingers crossed.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone here had their provisional acceptance turn into a normal acceptance yet?

Has anyone here had their provisional acceptance turn into a normal acceptance yet?
Not yet. Deposits for the interview group before they began provisional acceptances are due this Friday so fingers crossed there may be movement.

Interviewed on 2/8 and got a provisional acceptance today!

Edit: is the groupme open to people with provisional acceptances?

Last edited:
  • Love
Interviewed on 2/8 and got a provisional acceptance today!

Edit: is the groupme open to people with provisional acceptances?
I don’t believe it is. Only for fully accepted students. Also congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet. Deposits for the interview group before they began provisional acceptances are due this Friday so fingers crossed there may be movement.
What was date for this interview group that received the first provisional As?

Interviewed on 02/7, got a rejection at 1PM; however, I was offered a position on the waitlist at my instate MD school (lol)! Good luck everyone!

Compared to most DO schools, how good would you say the clinical rotation sites are here?

Solid rotation sites! I mean there was a Baptist hospital right next to arcom(another school i interviewed at) there is a plethora of sites!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone with a provisional acceptance hear anything new yet? I reached out last week to see if they had any estimated deadlines on when we could expect movement for provisional acceptances but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Anyone with a provisional acceptance hear anything new yet? I reached out last week to see if they had any estimated deadlines on when we could expect movement for provisional acceptances but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
I wanted to email admissions about this, but didn’t so thank you for that. Maybe follow up with them since I have had to do that before and they seemed look with it. I got my provisional A on Feb 16 and interviewed at Bucom on Feb 8th. I think I have seen 2 posts about ppl who dropped with seats at Bucom but I haven’t seen anyone say that their provisional acceptance has turned into a normal A yet. So, worst comes to worst, we will probably see movement come April-June since on May 15th, students that are holding multiple seats get a 15 day notice that they can only hold one seat at one med school.

I sure hope it doesn’t take that long tho.

Has anyone heard from anything following the recent interview. I think after the week of Feb 8.

I will be withdrawing my A hope it goes to someone on provisional acceptance

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Do you guys think it would be hard to match into a residency being that this is a new school?

Do you guys think it would be hard to match into a residency being that this is a new school?
It is possible that it may be harder. However BUCOM has affiliated residency programs. Not sure if we would be prioritized for those though.

My friend and I interviewed on the same day two weeks ago. They got their rejection letter a full week ago, but I still haven't hear back from them regarding my decision. I wonder why it's taking longer to receive my decision when we interviewed the same day?

My friend and I interviewed on the same day two weeks ago. They got their rejection letter a full week ago, but I still haven't hear back from them regarding my decision. I wonder why it's taking longer to receive my decision when we interviewed the same day?
Did you interview Feb 14th or Feb 15th?

Is there any way to know the class schedule and if classes are mandatory? Provisional acceptance here trying to plan.

Is there any way to know the class schedule and if classes are mandatory? Provisional acceptance here trying to plan.
I believe in the presentations they said only the labs were mandatory in-person. They also said they are heavy on course work Mon-Thurs and Friday is a light day. They definitely prefer for you to be on campus though.

They are affiliated with Baptist memorial health group which is a group of around 20 or so hospitals in Arkansas, TN, and Kentucky I think. So you won’t have trouble with getting clinical rotations. I forgot who it was but one of the deans or higher ups was hired at LUCOM to help them with accreditation. They also have a lot of experienced folks from other DO schools. They know what they’re doing. It’s a very solid choice for medical school
Dean Bell, he’s a fantastic Dean & any school should consider themselves lucky to have him. He truly puts students first (sometimes at the expense of his own job!)

Does anyone know the dress code for this school? If scrubs are an option, does anyone know what colors are acceptable?

Does anyone know the dress code for this school? If scrubs are an option, does anyone know what colors are acceptable?
Don't think they they have officially released anything about that yet. I think we did hear there would be BUCOM scrubs. Hoping we will be able to wear our own scrubs too though

Any movement from provisional list to accepted list for 2024?
I emailed them a few weeks ago about this and it seemed like they were gonna wait until they are done interviewing ppl before they change over the provisional acceptances

For those that got provisional acceptance calls, what day of the week did they call? Anxiously awaiting “by Friday” estimate coming up! Thank you!!!!

Does anyone know the number of interviews/applicants that they’ve had so far?

Does anyone who got full acceptance know the dates of first day and date of white coat ceremony? Thank you in advance!

Is the class still currently full? Any hope of movement from provisional list to full acceptance at the end of this month?

Have any of you guys had your provisional acceptances turned into regular acceptances?