2023-2024 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got A today thanks be to God! OOS applicant, interviewed 12/4 virtual too.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I guess they're sending decisions today? I didn't expect on a Sunday! ALSO CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
Yeah super unexpected, I thought for sure the results would come at the end of the week after committee meetings and before the holiday.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting on the interview results and every email I get makes me freak out a little... soon I hope (like today would be great)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance via email! Interviewed in-person on 12/8 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Just got the A! Interviewed in person 12/8! Super excited to stay in state!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just received an acceptance today from my interview on 12/8! IS applicant as well, excited to join the future class.

• Love
Anyone else did a virtual interview on 12/4 and still waiting to hear back :oops:

Does anyone know the match results and complex pass rate for 2023?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 9/6/23, Interview 12/8 in person. Acceptance offered 12/20/23 (first acceptance)!
OOS. Lizzy M Score, I think low/mid 60s (3.6 and 499 mcat 5000+ clinical hours).
Thought I bombed 1-2 MMI stations.
Can anyone tell me about the area more? I am used to hiking and getting some time outside; when I visited, I did not get that sense.

Last edited:
Complete 9/6/23, Interview 12/8 in person. Acceptance offered 12/20/23 (first acceptance)!
OOS. Lizzy M Score, I think low/mid 60s (3.6 and 499 mcat 5000+ clinical hours).
Thought I bombed 1-2/7 MMI stations.
Can anyone tell me about the area more? I am used to hiking and getting some time outside; when I visited, I did not get that sense.
I haven’t been yet but I’ve heard San Antonio in general has lots of great outdoor spots

I interviewed in-person on 12/8 too! Glad to see that a lot of folks from our interview group are getting the A :)

• Care
9 must-see hikes with stunning views in the San Antonio area

Sorry about the ads and popups on this page, but it gives you an idea.
Hiking & rock climbing not too far away

• Care
OOS II completed 10/9. I do not see any available dates, however.

Were you able to schedule? I got an II today and did not see any available dates. I emailed them regarding that.
I did but it was for the end of February, and even then there wasn't a lot of options. I really hope I don't have a test that day.

Whoever asked about the email or call acceptance, it’s both haha. They called me today saying congrats on my acceptance (super awesome professor) and it was his personal cell phone number actually. They try to call before the email goes out but I think they are also super busy!

For those who have interviewed already, what type of questions did they ask? Anything unique questions or the norm (why us? Why medicine? Why DO?)

For those who have interviewed already, what type of questions did they ask? Anything unique questions or the norm (why us? Why medicine? Why DO?)

No one will answer this. We signed a confidentiality agreement

Ahh gotcha. The other places I interviewed at didn't make me sign one. No worries then.

No ofc didn’t mean to come across as blunt just thought I’d give u a heads up haha

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh gotcha. The other places I interviewed at didn't make me sign one. No worries then
UIW uses a copyrighted MMI and the publisher requires them (and any other clients who use those questions) to require interviewees (and interviewers, typically) to sign confidentiality agreements. It's standard for most distributors of intellectual property to require NDA's.

Withdrew my interview and committed elsewhere ... hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.

Withdrew my interview and committed elsewhere ... hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.
Travel Italy GIF by Colosseum

Instructions unclear. Can’t find my med school class in Rome.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my interview invite today. Hope it goes to one of y’all. Best of luck !

Is there a current student at the school who I can talk to about financial aid and scholarships available for incoming students? Thanks!

What’re the odds of getting an ii here if you get a secondary? Haven’t heard back from this school in a while. Also have they already sent out pre-ii R’s?

What’re the odds of getting an ii here if you get a secondary? Haven’t heard back from this school in a while. Also have they already sent out pre-ii R’s?
I’m wondering this too.

Had a great interview experience here on Friday. Those mmi’s were actually enjoyable lol. Let’s see if I get an A

• Care
Had a great interview experience here on Friday. Those mmi’s were actually enjoyable lol. Let’s see if I get an A
Yes, I interviewed here on Friday as well. I met so many amazing people who will make great colleagues. Very enjoyable day and the mmi's were cool too.

Last edited:
  • Care
Any current first and second year students lurking and wanna share their experiences with us?

Any current first and second year students lurking and wanna share their experiences with us?
3rd year here! You can always reach out to admissions and they can pair you with one of our 2nd year students to answer any questions you have!

• Care
Seems like they haven't sent out anymore interview invites in about a month? Looks like their class is full?