2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was also pulled off HPWL today!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
interviewed 2/6 put on HPWL, hopefully I get pulled off like the rest! Congrats to all so far!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 2/6 put on HPWL, hopefully I get pulled off like the rest! Congrats to all so far!
That's so awesome! Yesss congrats to everyone on HPWL who got off! Just curious did you get put on HPWL yesterday or prior? I have a feeling you'll be celebrating like all the others on HPWL that got taken off soon btw :)

Reactions: 1 user
A!!!!!!! Interviewed 02/20! Cannot believe I finally did it after getting waitlisted last year. 99.9% sure I will be accepting the seat. Thank you everyone in the forum for keeping the spirits up!
omg major congrats!!!!!!

A!!!!!!! Interviewed 02/20! Cannot believe I finally did it after getting waitlisted last year. 99.9% sure I will be accepting the seat. Thank you everyone in the forum for keeping the spirits up!
amazing news, congrats!!

That's so awesome! Yesss congrats to everyone on HPWL who got off! Just curious did you get put on HPWL yesterday or prior? I have a feeling you'll be celebrating like all the others on HPWL that got taken off soon btw :)
I received it prior, roughly a month ago but hopefully! keeping a positive mindset. i sent them a letter of intent.

Does anyone know the timeline for when they may be pulling people off the HPWL also is it too late to write a letter of intent? HPWL 2/28

Does anyone know the timeline for when they may be pulling people off the HPWL also is it too late to write a letter of intent? HPWL 2/28
It's never too late, I stalked last year's thread and they continued to pull people off until July! Go for it.

How long do we have to officially accept the A? The email says there will be more info sent shortly but that was a few days ago...also, is there an accepted students chat/facebook type deal?

How long do we have to officially accept the A? The email says there will be more info sent shortly but that was a few days ago...also, is there an accepted students chat/facebook type deal?
did you read the acceptance packet? it has the facebook link at the end and the details :) I think it's like two weeks to accept the A, and then u have to do other things as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I
did you read the acceptance packet? it has the facebook link at the end and the details :) I think it's like two weeks to accept the A, and then u have to do other things as well
I did not receive an acceptance packet (yet), I guess I have to wait for that to come (I am assuming it is via email?)

I wouldn't say it's too late. Also, it's common to write one around now-April because most applicants would of received the majority of their decisions at this point in the cycle.

Congrats to those getting off the HPWL!! I am just confused with how their list works. I got placed on the HPWL 2/29 but im seeing people who got placed 3/4 getting accepted and I still havent. i swear im not trying to sound like a hater LOL im happy for you all but how does it make sense

• Care
Congrats to those getting off the HPWL!! I am just confused with how their list works. I got placed on the HPWL 2/29 but im seeing people who got placed 3/4 getting accepted and I still havent. i swear im not trying to sound like a hater LOL im happy for you all but how does it make sense
did you send a LOI?

Has there been movement today?

I was also placed on the waitlist on 2/29 and am unsure of what to do besides sending a LOI I sent A letter of interest before my interview but now I’m like will sending a letter of intent even help! So stressed!

What is the difference in the wait-list decision email from HPWL when I was placed on the wait-list it just said alternate list. I'm just curious if I might be seeing movement yet based on everyone saying they are getting calls from HPWL

Same boat as you man. Maybe there might a ranking system within the HPWL? I sent them a LOI roughly a week or so after their decision. I’m hoping to hear from them soon. Keep a positive mindset. They’re anticipating to get us a seat ❤️

• Care
What is the difference in the wait-list decision email from HPWL when I was placed on the wait-list it just said alternate list. I'm just curious if I might be seeing movement yet based on everyone saying they are getting calls from HPWL
I believe with the only difference is with HPWL you’re guaranteed a seat for the next cycle if there isn’t a seat available for this cycle. But based off last year’s thread, it seemed a ton of people got off the list. both HPWL and alternate.

Trying to switch into PBL curriculum at Stratford, anyone from the class wanting to switch from PBL into SGL?

I was also placed on the waitlist on 2/29 and am unsure of what to do besides sending a LOI I sent A letter of interest before my interview but now I’m like will sending a letter of intent even help! So stressed!
attend one of the open houses coming up if you can! I know there’s one on the 13th but i hear there might be others

attend one of the open houses coming up if you can! I know there’s one on the 13th but i hear there might be others
Do you think attending the open house will help? I am going to the ne on the 13th, I'm actually doing WVSOM's virtually because they already gave me the A but I was hoping attending rowan's would help my case to get off the waitlist lol

Do you think attending the open house will help? I am going to the ne on the 13th, I'm actually doing WVSOM's virtually because they already gave me the A but I was hoping attending rowan's would help my case to get off the waitlist lol
In the email for the open house, it did say that they might discuss our application status with us at the open house. I’m on the WL here right now (not HPWL), but I think that going to open house would show tons of interest which is what they’re looking for with WL candidates

Reactions: 2 users
So if we did not receive an invitation to that open house; Do we assume that they are not even interested in us?

So if we did not receive an invitation to that open house; Do we assume that they are not even interested in us?
I believe only accepted students and those on wait-list got invites to email. But I think anyone can go if you register? Not positive

I have reached out in the beginning of March. I will reach out again.
So when I reached out. They are a bit behind but the goal for my application is to have a decision by the end of the month.

Did anyone attend a shadowing day with a student? If so, can anyone tell me about their experience?

So when I reached out. They are a bit behind but the goal for my application is to have a decision by the end of the month.
They told me the committee is meeting this Friday, so decisions may come out next week

Reactions: 2 users
Nervous af for the open house now since one of the attachments with the confirmation says “If you have any questions regarding the program or your admissions status, we can direct you to the appropriate Rowan-Virtua SOM faculty/staff to answer those questions for you”

Does anyone know if they’ll just accept us off the WL there at the event?

Do they reject applicants or does it go to the alternate first?

Does anybody remember when to expect to hear back? around what dates?

Last edited:
They told me the committee is meeting this Friday, so decisions may come out next week

Nervous af for the open house now since one of the attachments with the confirmation says “If you have any questions regarding the program or your admissions status, we can direct you to the appropriate Rowan-Virtua SOM faculty/staff to answer those questions for you”

Does anyone know if they’ll just accept us off the WL there at the event?
That would be nice but I don't think they can. I'm sure there's a whole process behind it but being there and asking questions would increase our chances of getting off the list by a lot.

That would be nice but I don't think they can. I'm sure there's a whole process behind it but being there and asking questions would increase our chances of getting off the list by a lot.
Honestly it seems like medical schools can do a LOT of unexpected things, especially since this school keeps a list of people they'll auto accept the next year if they don't have a seat for them the year they apply and they want to accept them. I thought that was so interesting when I heard how that works at this school!

At least we know it'll help our chances of getting off the WL in general! :)