2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many people got off the HPWL last year? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the class is officially full? I saw some comments here and there, but then came across acceptances. Congrats again to the folks recently accepted!

Does anyone know if the class is officially full? I saw some comments here and there, but then came across acceptances. Congrats again to the folks recently accepted!
yes, officially full! but they are still interviewing tho!

Reactions: 4 users
IS II just now! April 25th was the only date available

Does anyone have any interview/orientation session tips?

IS II just now! April 25th was the only date available

Does anyone have any interview/orientation session tips?
The interview is pretty conversational, so be yourself, but also explain your stories and experiences as much as you can while, of course, connecting back to Rowan's mission.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s been 6 weeks since my interview. I’m so nervous. Should I reached out to them and how should I do it?

👀👀 What's everyone wearing this weekend for the open house?? Thinking I might be wearing my suit lolll

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back through email. I was waitlisted. Which I believe is the same thing as the alternative list.

Does anyone know when during each month they meet regarding waitlist decisions? It just says once a month in the email.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when during each month they meet regarding waitlist decisions? It just says once a month in the email.
Honestly they probably go through WL candidates at any meeting if they have empty slots, but it does actually make a lot of sense that we get reviewed months as WL peeps since they do need to wait for slots to open (aka people to withdraw their A) which might be infrequent now as people are waiting to hear from other schools and holding slots at places like Rowan.

Idk if DO has the same thing as AAMC where you can only hold a certain amount of spots but since there’s gonna be MD movement on the 15th & 30th of this month and also May 1st I would expect for most of us to hear back on or around those dates.

I might ask at the open house Saturday so I’ll let everyone know unless someone finds out sooner 🤩🤞🏻

Reactions: 6 users
The open house was amazing, I really hope we hear back from them soon! The admissions rep said that we can hear from them as soon as today and as late as june! I’m SO NERVOUS!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email about being put on the alternate list… is this different from HPWL?

Just got an email about being put on the alternate list… is this different from HPWL?
Just got an email too about the alternate list. I think it’s different from the HPWL in that HPWL is guaranteed deferred acceptance for the next year class but not the alternate list. Someone correct me if I am wrong though!

do people get pulled of the regular alternate list usually? just got the email today

The open house was amazing, I really hope we hear back from them soon! The admissions rep said that we can hear from them as soon as today and as late as june! I’m SO NERVOUS!
It was, I highly recommend those considering PBL to attend the Sewell Campus one. You get to do a case with the medical students and gives you a really good grasp of what they do.

do people get pulled of the regular alternate list usually? just got the email today
i stalked last year’s thread and it seemed like people were pulled off of that list.

I called admissions and asked them a few questions:

Turnaround time after interviews is 4-6 weeks

I asked if either WL is ranked or if students get pulled off in the order they got put on it. She said that it is NOT ranked but that the committee makes the decision on which students to pull off the list. So, I do not think that it is purely first come first serve but I also dont think they have a rigid ranking process

They said they will not be having any more open houses this cycle

Your interviewer will not have access to any grades/mcat scores. They will be able to see your writings, LORs, and any update letters you sent in. She also said applicants can send in an LOI to be added to their application, and their interviewer will be able to see that

Hope this helps!

Has anybody received any pre-II rejections from this school ?

I just called admissions and spoke with the assistant director, so posting this on here in case anyone else might find this information useful.

He said the waitlist is more "plug and play" with admission and that they don't go in order through HPWL before getting to alternate. It just depends on who the committee wants to replace the open seat with so it could be from either list. (My guess is that they do have a preference for HPWL though because HP lol.) He also said there's movement happening between now and end of June, possibly even right up until July 21st which is when classes start.

The committee will try to adhere to your preference for PBL and SGL, but if a seat becomes available for either, they'll consider you. So you may not get what you want and will have to be flexible.

Reactions: 5 users
HPWL last night also. Interviewed March 4th, but looks like others from that day heard back like 2 weeks ago. Freaked me out when I didn’t hear back and not sure for the delay, but don’t lose hope from I guess

I withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users