2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it worth it to apply if you are OOS?

Website says: “Rowan-Virtua SOM does have some preference to NJ residents, but out-of-state applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. We accept competitive applicants from all over the country.”

Reactions: 1 users
In last year's thread, ppl didn't start getting secondaries until July 7th, so maybe they will start sending them out tmr or next week.

For what it's worth, I visited two weeks ago and they said they were thinking of sending secondaries mid-July

Someone on reddit said that the website says it will be sent out july 10? I don't see it anywhere on the website though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they screen for secondaries?

Just got an email verifying they received my primary and will send out secondaries in 1-2 weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Received an email saying secondaries coming within 1-2 weeks
LOL that email was a cry for help asking us not to bombard with phone calls about the secondaries! That is super late compared to last cycle though... I saw the first secondary noted was July 7th

Trying to prewrite their secondary, don't think they have a word limit/character count. What are you guys aiming for?

Secondary received just now (3:30pm). Definitely seems like it’s going out in waves. OOS, strong ties.

Reactions: 1 user
Primary Submitted : 7/22
Secondary Received : 7/27 today

Primary submitted: 07/18/23
Secondary received: 07/27/23

Does anyone know if secondaries are sent out to all verified applicants? Or are applicants screened?