2023-2024 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JUST GOT THE A!!!! top choice so far!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GOT THE A!! Jesus is good! Interviewed 10/27, Accepted 11/11! Feel free to ask me any questions about the interview:) Wishing everyone all the luck and success this cycle ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
GOT THE A!! Jesus is good! Interviewed 10/27, Accepted 11/11! Feel free to ask me any questions about the interview:) Wishing everyone all the luck and success this cycle ❤️
Hey there! I know that there are multiple MMIs that we need to prepare, but do you recommend we also prepare for traditional questions? And congrats on the A, definitely a difficult feat and I'm proud of you! :)

Just got the acceptance I will finally be a doctor it took me 9 years to finally get the accceptance!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
With everyone getting As, will Jan/Feb interviews be interviews for the waitlist? Seems they might fill the class before then

Hey there! I know that there are multiple MMIs that we need to prepare, but do you recommend we also prepare for traditional questions? And congrats on the A, definitely a difficult feat and I'm proud of you! :)
read the mmi book by samir p desai it helped alot

Reactions: 1 user
With everyone getting As, will Jan/Feb interviews be interviews for the waitlist? Seems they might fill the class before then
by then spots will maybe be mostly full or reserved for fast trac but if they really like you then there should be no issues

• Hmm
Just received rejection email. Interviewed on 10/27. Good luck everyone!
it took me 9/10 years for this day dont give up ask if they can give you a reason for the decision and work to improve your chances for next year

Lots of chances of getting off the waitlist! Lots of shuffling will be happening around that time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Yes, definitely prepare for traditional questions because they do come up! Traditional questions are designed to help you understand your own application and how you come across as a future physician- all of which will be helpful when you’re trying to navigate through the different MMI scenarios! Also remember to make these MMI interviews as conversational as possible. I know it can be intimidating, especially when the interviewers are said to keep a poker face. But, I really tired my best to interact with my interviewers and make it as conversational as possible which I think greatly influenced the A! Good luck and thank you so much for your well wishes! Will be praying for you :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed in person 11/3 and got the A 11/11! I'M GONNA BE A DOCTOR:love:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the A!!! Interviewed 11/03, accepted 11/11

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats do you plan on attending the admit day in December?
Thank youuuu. I really want to, but I'm out-of-state and since I just recently went for the in-person interview, I feel like I should try and save money haha. But I haven't decided yet!

Thank youuuu. I really want to, but I'm out-of-state and since I just recently went for the in-person interview, I feel like I should try and save money haha. But I haven't decided yet!
makes sense its more important to pay that deposit lol

• Haha
tyty hopefully I get an acceptance, i interviewed on 11/9, literally feel so anxious every day waiting
$1200 with $1000 going towards your tuition. Don’t ask me where the other $200 goes cause I have no idea.

• Care
Just withdrew my in-person interview date for 12/8!

As an aside, have pre-II R’s been given out yet?

Is, received II yesterday. My primary was submitted/complete around 10/10, got secondary less than a week later. Completed everything around 10/14ish.

Do anyone know more detaill on UIW clinical rotations? I was wondering for the rotation sites do you stay at the same one all of M3 or do you switch rotation sites? Also do they help you find electives for M4 or it is up to you to find them? If it is up to you are the flexible about it? How is the quality of the rotations and the hospital connections?

Also is anyone willing to lay out a pro cons list for me for UIW?

Last edited:
Do anyone know more detaill on UIW clinical rotations? I was wondering for the rotation sites do you stay at the same one all of M3 or do you switch rotation sites? Also do they help you find electives for M4 or it is up to you to find them? If it is up to you are the flexible about it? How is the quality of the rotations and the hospital connections?
Hi @medicalstudent4life and welcome to SDN.
Did you interview at UIWSOM? Do you have an interview coming up?
These questions will be covered on your interview day

Hi! Are these weekly or how often? and are these the only exams you get?
They occur at the end of every unit, which are usually anywhere between 1-2 months long each. There’s 3 tests at the end of each unit and multiple quizzes during the unit itself.

Questions for those who did the in person interview; 1. Can we take notes during the 2 mins that we are coming up w/our answer? If so, will scratch paper be provided?? 2. Can we have a water bottle with us during the interview?

Questions for those who did the in person interview; 1. Can we take notes during the 2 mins that we are coming up w/our answer? If so, will scratch paper be provided?? 2. Can we have a water bottle with us during the interview?
We can take notes during the 2 minutes and they give a little notepad and pen for us to use or you can use your own scrap paper/notepad. Also you can bring water and they will also provide little bottled water throughout the day! Like you can carry all your belongings with you to the interview area, It's very chill.

Reactions: 1 users
Awwwww any tips for the MMI interview? I'm interviewing in-person next week and want to do really well. I already signed the NDA so I guess what I'm asking is for general advice for those that already went through the process

Awwwww any tips for the MMI interview? I'm interviewing in-person next week and want to do really well. I already signed the NDA so I guess what I'm asking is for general advice for those that already went through the process
I think the best thing you can do is relax. they really do their best to help us loosen up a bit, laugh and have fun. As someone who has difficulty getting my thoughts out to words, I found making bullet points of topics I would want to discuss on the notepad to be helpful. If I feel like I forget something I would take a glance and remember oh I should talk about this thing I wrote down now, so def make use of those two minutes. I think the unfortunate thing about MMI is that there isn't a way to know what scenario you're given, but always know that it's not going to be anything super hard. If you looked over ones online and came up with a way of answering the scenarios where you look at both sides and evaluate the nuances to everything then you should be good. I think that's all I could really say about it. Make sure to take deep breaths and remember you got this. Also don't be intimidated if the person you meet has a very ._. face... they're most likely purposely doing that haha

Reactions: 2 users
I think the best thing you can do is relax. they really do their best to help us loosen up a bit, laugh and have fun. As someone who has difficulty getting my thoughts out to words, I found making bullet points of topics I would want to discuss on the notepad to be helpful. If I feel like I forget something I would take a glance and remember oh I should talk about this thing I wrote down now, so def make use of those two minutes. I think the unfortunate thing about MMI is that there isn't a way to know what scenario you're given, but always know that it's not going to be anything super hard. If you looked over ones online and came up with a way of answering the scenarios where you look at both sides and evaluate the nuances to everything then you should be good. I think that's all I could really say about it. Make sure to take deep breaths and remember you got this. Also don't be intimidated if the person you meet has a very ._. face... they're most likely purposely doing that haha
lol the ._. face

but THANK YOU, It's reassuring to hear this!

• Care