2023-2024 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like they haven't sent out anymore interview invites in about a month? Looks like their class is full?
Yeah. I wonder about this too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II today, complete 12/28. Although in the email they are offering me an in-person interview specifically with the alternative option to be added to a virtual interview waitlist. It looks like they don’t have many spots left.

OOS II today at 1 AM (FL resident)! Completed 12/3/23. I have strong Texas ties though, with half my family there and have lived there for 2 years. Offered only in person interview as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess things are starting to wrap up, I suppose.

OOS II today, complete 12/28. Although in the email they are offering me an in-person interview specifically with the alternative option to be added to a virtual interview waitlist. It looks like they don’t have many spots left.
+1 but complete 1/4

+1 Complete 12/6

Offered in-person interview with option to be added to virtual interview waitlist.
The only date available in my portal for in-person interviews is Feb 16.
Texas Match date. I’m sure they expect a decent amount of movement that day for people who dual applied TMDSAS and AACOMAS

Just out of curiosity, does UIWSOM give out IIs in February or is this pretty much the end?

I checked one of my previous cycles and I got the final boot in March, which is fast approaching.

Just out of curiosity, does UIWSOM give out IIs in February or is this pretty much the end?

I checked one of my previous cycles and I got the final boot in March, which is fast approaching.
I obviously don’t know for sure but I imagine there’s gonna be a bunch of scrambling from Texas match offers in February(last year our match day was in March), Texas waitlist movement and other stuff.

I think it’s fair to say they’ll be some more invites :)

Keep holding out unless they tell you otherwise!

• Care
I have an interview on 2/16. Does anyone have any advice on how I should prepare??

I have an interview on 2/16. Does anyone have any advice on how I should prepare??
Standard MMI prep but also be ready to use experiences in your answers! So know why medicine, why you’d wanna go to UIW, San Antonio. Any experiences in healthcare or volunteering too!

With the scenario stations, I found them very conversational :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, if anyone wants to visit other medical schools atm, AACOM is hosting their Virtual Expo today from 12 to 6pm (eastern)
Its free like last time I shared about it, and you can tune into UIWSOM and other DO school's chatrooms and talk to their Admissions Admins.
I'll drop the link here for anyone that's interested, I might get on later today after my morning classes are all done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Virtual interviews have been made available in march and April in the application portal

Just rescinded my acceptance. Best wishes to the candidate who takes this spot!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Can any current students tell us about their experience here so far?? (culture, curriculum, daily schedule, etc.) Thanks

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they are going to wait until after February 5th to send out decisions for the January 12th interview day? Are they waiting to see who they have left after the TMDSAS match?

I withdrew my II, and took an acceptance to my top choice. I hope it goes to one of you!

OOS II tonight. LM 69, I have ties to the state but I can't remember if I mentioned them anywhere in the app. No virtual options left with 2 in-person dates in February and one in April.

OOS II tonight. LM 69, I have ties to the state but I can't remember if I mentioned them anywhere in the app. No virtual options left with 2 in-person dates in February and one in April.
I guess UIWSOM is closing up shop.

Interviewed 1/12 and still (impatiently) waiting to hear back, anyone else?

i wonder if they're waiting for match day- I wonder if people will drop acceptances here after matching elsewhere so there may be more movement then?

i wonder if they're waiting for match day- I wonder if people will drop acceptances here after matching elsewhere so there may be more movement then?
I’m sorry, but isn’t match day for fourth year students matching into residencies? Why would this affect acceptances for an incoming class?

I’m sorry, but isn’t match day for fourth year students matching into residencies? Why would this affect acceptances for an incoming class?
They are referring to the TMDSAS Match Day for applicants to the TMDSAS medical schools.
Although UIWSOM does not participate in the TMDSAS Match because they use the AACOMAS application, many applicants in TX have applied to both.
If a Texan matches to one of the TMDSAS schools on Match Day Feb 16, they might drop their seat at UIWSOM.

this refers to MD/DO applicants using the TMDSAS to apply to medical school in texas. students get accepted to Texas medical schools using a match-type process similar to the residency application process.

this refers to MD/DO applicants using the TMDSAS to apply to medical school in texas. students get accepted to Texas medical schools using a match-type process similar to the residency application process.
I had no idea, glad I asked! Well I hope this is not the case as I’ve been a nervous wreck waiting to hear back!

Just emailed them my withdrawal from the program. I hope my seat will go to one of yall!! This school is making GREAT progress and I truly think yall will love it :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users

Also interviewed 1/12… still waiting. They said we’d hear back in 2-3 weeks but it’s been 3 weeks now and no word

After interviewing 1/12 I thought for sure we would have heard back by now. Hopefully by the end of the day.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
After interviewing 1/12 I thought for sure we would have heard back by now. Hopefully by the end of the day.
Fingers crossed! Sending acceptance vibes your way! Still haven’t heard back either.

Does anyone know around what time typically the acceptance emails come out or is it just pretty random?

I just got an interview request today (02/05) and the only available date is 04/05. It's the final in-person interview date.

Just got the A (OOS) let’s gooo. Interviewed 1/12

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how many seats are filled already? Do they have approximately 160 seats in total to fill?

got an interview invite today for April 5, in person! I have an A at another DO school so I’m not if I will take it yet!

II today! Email said April 5th is the last in person session they have. Did not expect an invite this late tbh

How much is the seat deposit if accepted?

And does anyone know how long they tend to take with sending decisions?

they called me yesterday bc I forgot to send in my transcript for a wintermester class i took and said they were revieing applications and interviews yesterday afternoon. So maybe we'll hear back soon