2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so confused! when i got an invite, i wasnt told the class was full. that was feb 26. is it possible that i interviewed for an A?
they didn't
so confused! when i got an invite, i wasnt told the class was full. that was feb 26. is it possible that i interviewed for an A?
they only tell u the class is full when you get your interview results, i think. but it's still possible you will get an A directly

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get in off the waitlist could you still defer to take the guaranteed acceptance? Is there still a chance to get in off that waitlist even if you aren’t that high? How many people are on the HPWL this year? I wish they were a little more forth coming with this stuff!

Reactions: 1 user
If you get in off the waitlist could you still defer to take the guaranteed acceptance? Is there still a chance to get in off that waitlist even if you aren’t that high? How many people are on the HPWL this year? I wish they were a little more forth coming with this stuff!
Last year, up until July, there were people in this forum who got accepted from the wait list (not the HPWL), so anything could happen tbh. Not sure about differing if you get accepted though, sounds like a question to ask admissions directly. I do not believe that you can go from wait list to HPWL either

I originally put down PBL as the track I'm interested in, but after learning more I think I'm much better suited to SGL. Honestly I do not want to be considered for PBL at all. Should I call adcoms to request a change on my application? I have my interview soon so I'm not sure if I should mention it then or try to fix it before hand
So did you ask them about switching? I have the same opinion...wanna shift too!

For people who want to switch from tracks, you cant do that until I believe you are accepted. You will be put on a waitlist for that track and if spots open up, you can switch. Thats the information that was said to us during Accepted Students Day. But you can double check y emailing admissions!

Reactions: 1 users
For people who want to switch from tracks, you cant do that until I believe you are accepted. You will be put on a waitlist for that track and if spots open up, you can switch. Thats the information that was said to us during Accepted Students Day. But you can double check y emailing admissions!
Thanks!

Do you know how many accepted students day they will do?

Just curious if anyone has received an interview invite recently? Are they still sending out invites or is their class mostly full?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious if anyone has received an interview invite recently? Are they still sending out invites or is their class mostly full?
Class if full, but they are still interviewing, sending II, and placing people on either HPWL or waitlist. HPWL has a guaranteed deferred acceptance, but they anticipate accepting everyone on it, because accepted peeps choose to matriculate elsewhere.

Class if full, but they are still interviewing, sending II, and placing people on either HPWL or waitlist. HPWL has a guaranteed deferred acceptance, but they anticipate accepting everyone on it, because accepted peeps choose to matriculate elsewhere.
I pray that by "full" they mean that they have saved seats for people who have already interviewed and are waiting to officially hear back (me XD)

I received an II recently, I went to schedule and only March 12th-14th were available. My interviewer didn’t say anything about the class being full but others had mentioned this news comes after you get your decision so we will see. He said 2-3 weeks to hear back. I hope they saved some As for late interviews.

Does anyone know when you would find out if you received a scholarship? Would they have sent the scholarship info when they send the acceptance email?

hey guys, how serious is the interview orientation? like did yall turn your cameras on? and was it exactly 2.5 hours? im tryna see if it can work with my work schedule

hey guys, how serious is the interview orientation? like did yall turn your cameras on? and was it exactly 2.5 hours? im tryna see if it can work with my work schedule
It was exactly 2.5 hours
You can have your camera on or off, most had it on though. But I don’t think it matters

Saw many people say they haven't heard back from their interviews yet. I'm in the same position.
I got an A at another school, but really want to go here. Interviewed March 4th, is it advisable that I can call them to ask my status at the 3 week mark (they said the decision will take 3-4 weeks) before I can put the seat deposit down for another school? Or is that unprofessional/not advised?

Saw many people say they haven't heard back from their interviews yet. I'm in the same position.
I got an A at another school, but really want to go here. Interviewed March 4th, is it advisable that I can call them to ask my status at the 3 week mark (they said the decision will take 3-4 weeks) before I can put the seat deposit down for another school? Or is that unprofessional/not advised?
I’d wait in your position and pay the deposit in the other school. If you do get in here, then oh well to the deposit, but at least you’re guaranteed going to be a doctor.

Did all the current WL candidates get the invite to the open house?? I am very confused cuz I haven’t heard or seen anyone mention something like this in the previous Rowan threads and it says that I was “invited” although I think maybe it might just be the verbiage they used. If anyone who’s a current student who knows about this can comment on it too that would be great!! Appreciate any info on the event cuz it’s kinda ambiguous

Did all the current WL candidates get the invite to the open house?? I am very confused cuz I haven’t heard or seen anyone mention something like this in the previous Rowan threads and it says that I was “invited” although I think maybe it might just be the verbiage they used. If anyone who’s a current student who knows about this can comment on it too that would be great!! Appreciate any info on the event cuz it’s kinda ambiguous

Received the same email

They regularly schedule open houses, and they’re open to anyone interested in the school. Didn’t love the jumpscare it gave me though 😂

JUST GOT PULLED OFF HPWL!!!! :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
A!!!!!!! Interviewed 02/20! Cannot believe I finally did it after getting waitlisted last year. 99.9% sure I will be accepting the seat. Thank you everyone in the forum for keeping the spirits up!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
A!!!!!!! Interviewed 02/20! Cannot believe I finally did it after getting waitlisted last year. 99.9% sure I will be accepting the seat. Thank you everyone in the forum for keeping the spirits up!
congratulations Doctor!!!!! Wooo hooo

Congratulations to those who just got acceptances off of the high priority waitlist!! Did any of you guys sends any letters or emails?

Congratulations to those who just got acceptances off of the high priority waitlist!! Did any of you guys sends any letters or emails?
I sent a letter of intent and talked about why Rowan is a good fit for me.

Congrats. Where you notified via email?