2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any guesses for next wave of decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone gotten an II from a hold yet? or if there’s been any pre-II Rs? been on hold since november and wondering if i should just consider it as an R :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
For the people who have had interviews, were you allowed to jot down your ideas on paper during your 2 minutes of prep time?

Hello,
For the people who have had interviews, were you allowed to jot down your ideas on paper during your 2 minutes of prep time?
Nope! No writing allowed, they’re strict about not wanting their questions leaked.

Reactions: 1 user
When did the interview process begin for NYMC? I received my II (IS) 09/26/23 and interviewed 01/30/24. Was the earliest date available when i went to schedule a few hours later that day. I assumed NYMC sent out bulk of their II’s very early on but seems like people are still receiving II’s right now. Curious as to whether I can an early II slot or not. Also eagerly waiting to hear back in the next few weeks

Wondering if anyone has asked about visiting the school, specifically people on the waitlist? On their website it says "we can only allow invited SOM prospects to visit our campus" – who is invited?

OOS A!!!!!!! my first one omgggggggg
Edit: interviewed 1/18

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
my first A oh my god I cant stop shaking I keep re reading the email to make sure it's real. I'm gonna be an MD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😭😭😭
Edit: interviewed 1/18

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
OOS A interviewed 1/9, will likely be declining. gl to WLers!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS waitlist, interviewed 1/11, a little bummed but hopeful. Congrats to everyone who got an A!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who hasn't interviewed yet get any update on where they stand? It's been silent for me since I was complete in july and wondering if I should give up hope
Many people got pre-II holds about a month ago. Only those without the hold have been getting interviews. I would assume hold = R for now and maybe hold out some hold if no hold yet.

Many people got pre-II holds about a month ago. Only those without the hold have been getting interviews. I would assume hold = R for now and maybe hold out some hold if no hold yet.
I’m in the pre-II hold group. 😞
But in any event, congratulations to everyone today!

Reactions: 2 users
Assuming 01/30 interviewees haven’t heard back yet? Maybe in a week or two?

Assuming 01/30 interviewees haven’t heard back yet? Maybe in a week or two?

I interviewed 1/25 and didn’t hear anything so must not have caught this wave. Also wondering when we can expect to hear.

Assuming the 6-week maximum we were promised, March 7th should be the latest date for the next wave of interviewees. If Jan 25th is the first date of the wave that is

• Love
Still no hold or anything, complete day one. Get it together NYMC

Just withdrew my A from the school. For those wondering, Secondary was completed early, II in August, interviewed in November, and accepted in December. No hold/WL. Good Luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Has NYMC been getting pack post interview closer to 4 or 6 weeks? Thanks
I interviewed 1/8 and got the A on 2/13, so I would say closer to 5/6 weeks now. I know earlier in the cycle most people were hearing back earlier it seems though- good luck!!

OOS A on 2/13! Interviewed on 1/22. Good luck everyone!

Is there a second look day?
Yup! March 22nd 9 AM - 3 PM ish. Details about that should be coming soon. You can also reach out to admissions if you're interesting in visiting/touring earlier than that.

Does anyone here know if there are still interviews to be sent out here?

IS hold, says interviews through Mid-March, complete 7/27

OOS Hold just now, will likely be withdrawing!

• Wow
OOS hold, complete 10/13. Do people usually get interview invites after being placed on hold?

Just got OOS hold, does this most likely mean a future rejection or is there an actual chance?

OOS Hold just now, will likely be withdrawing!
+1, like tf you giving me a hold this late, complete day 1...
Just give me the R, might as well beat them at it and reject them first.

Reactions: 7 users