2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm thinking of trying to get more info about the priority waitlist since a lot of people seem to be on it. I wonder if we could find out our rank on the waitlist or if that is not a thing

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Regular alternate list - interviewed December

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Priority Alternate List. Dean's session and faculty interview at the end of October. Student interview in early November

Last edited:
For any current students on the thread -- I wanted to ask if you feel like the pre-clinical curriculum being graded (rather than P/F) affects your quality of life and sense of collaboration (versus competition) as students. I like the school thus far but I wonder how important pre-clinical grades are.

For any current students on the thread -- I wanted to ask if you feel like the pre-clinical curriculum being graded (rather than P/F) affects your quality of life and sense of collaboration (versus competition) as students. I like the school thus far but I wonder how important pre-clinical grades are.
M1 here. Sense of collaboration definitely not. Everyone is always looking out for each other and trying to help each other. Quality of life truly depends on you, and how much you let it affect you. I personally have not been putting in as much effort as my other classmates, especially on the weekends, and I am getting high pass easily. Could I get honors if I dedicated more time to my studies, most likely, but I am also enjoying my life so I am very happy at the moment.

Still waiting, T - 5 months

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
M1 here. Sense of collaboration definitely not. Everyone is always looking out for each other and trying to help each other. Quality of life truly depends on you, and how much you let it affect you. I personally have not been putting in as much effort as my other classmates, especially on the weekends, and I am getting high pass easily. Could I get honors if I dedicated more time to my studies, most likely, but I am also enjoying my life so I am very happy at the moment.
Thank you so much for the response!

Does this mean there is a difference between priority and high priority for the alternate list?
Yeah I'd assume they take high priority students first but I've heard that there are only ever a handful on high priority and that the priority alternate list still gets movement

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I'd assume they take high priority students first but I've heard that there are only ever a handful on high priority and that the priority alternate list still gets movement
Has anyone reported getting high priority this year?

I thought there was only a Priority Alternative List and a Regular Alternative List. I didn’t there was a “High Priority” too. So are there three tiers? I thought just the two.

I've heard of people getting accepted in May and being told they were on the high priority alternate list without ever officially getting a waitlist decision last year. I haven't heard anything like that for this cycle yet.

Finally got waitlisted (Priority Alternate list)

Post II-R

Interview didn't go well so I'm not surprised but still stings a bit

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
What is the grading system for NJMS for the incoming class of 2024?

During my student interview, I was told that the school would be reverting back to Pass/Fail for preclinicals, which would be huge. I just found this document online (https://njms.rutgers.edu/admissions/documents/CurriculumOverview.pdf) that says NJMS will be doing Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail (so in essence, I figured this is "graded"). Could anyone clarify with certainty on what the consensus here is? This might totally sway my decision to send in a letter of intent!

Edit: was told by another NJMS student that it would be P/F! if anyone has more intel, that'd be amazing too!

Last edited:

During my student interview, I was told that the school would be reverting back to Pass/Fail for preclinicals, which would be huge. I just found this document online (https://njms.rutgers.edu/admissions/documents/CurriculumOverview.pdf) that says NJMS will be doing Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail (so in essence, I figured this is "graded"). Could anyone clarify with certainty on what the consensus here is? This might totally sway my decision to send in an letter of intent!

Edit: was told by another NJMS student that it would be P/F! if anyone has more intel, that'd be amazing too!
Who told you during your interview that it would revert to P/F?

During my student interview, I was told that the school would be reverting back to Pass/Fail for preclinicals, which would be huge. I just found this document online (https://njms.rutgers.edu/admissions/documents/CurriculumOverview.pdf) that says NJMS will be doing Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail (so in essence, I figured this is "graded"). Could anyone clarify with certainty on what the consensus here is? This might totally sway my decision to send in a letter of intent!

Based on this website, it looks like Foundations of Body Systems (MS1 from August to December) is pass/fail and it becomes Honors/HP/P/F for the remainder of MS1 onward

Based on this website, it looks like Foundations of Body Systems (MS1 from August to December) is pass/fail and it becomes Honors/HP/P/F for the remainder of MS1 onward
This is what I heard from two current med students as well. In addition, I understand that they're doing away with the rankings in preclinical years.

Do we have any clue about statistics with high priority WL vs regular WL? Is regular WL a soft R or do they take from both? Any info would be great!

Got in touch with admissions and they said they are unfortunately at the end of their interview season. Seems like they are done and may even silent reject

Got in touch with admissions and they said they are unfortunately at the end of their interview season. Seems like they are done and may even silent reject
Do you mean no more post-II acceptances / waitlists? Or no more interview invites?

Is anyone with a mid-December interview / mid-January Meet the Deans still waiting on news?

Will be withdrawing my A, hope it goes to one of you!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Jan interview and deans, anyone still waiting to hear back? I see other people who interviewed later than me get a WL email. Haven't gotten anything.

Also was anyone not able to get a student interview despite signing up for one? they said they have no availability and that it was fully optional and wouldn't matter in terms of admissions.

Jan interview and deans, anyone still waiting to hear back? I see other people who interviewed later than me get a WL email. Haven't gotten anything.
Try sending an update letter if you haven’t already, I got my waitlist email pretty soon after I sent mine after a long period of silence.

Does anyone know if this school asked about online courses in their secondary. Do you guys think it would be an issue if I took physics online but with in person labs and in person exams?

Yes!!! And I just got my pre-II R 😂