2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just had to reel myself in after the initial excitement in case this is a prank or I wasnt the intended recipient (ptsd from receiving the first Savannah “acceptance” letter months ago 😓)

No info regarding campus assignment yet
Interview was Dec 6, 2023
MCAT 513
GPA 3.79
Pretty similar activities to other pre-meds, nothing fancy

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just had to reel myself in after the initial excitement in case this is a prank or I wasnt the intended recipient (ptsd from receiving the first Savannah “acceptance” letter months ago 😓)

MCAT 513
GPA 3.79
congrats medhealthy!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

MCAT 513
GPA 3.79
Lol I remember the devastation after that email fiasco 😅😅 Congrats! You did it—go celebrate!! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got an A at 9:53 am this morning. No campus assignment yet but couldn’t be happier. Last year, I ED to mcg, didn’t apply to any other school in the cycle, and got WL. Stats are MCAT 511, GPA 3.89. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back. You got this.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Got an A at 9:53 am this morning. No campus assignment yet but couldn’t be happier. Last year, I ED to mcg, didn’t apply to any other school in the cycle, and got WL. Stats are MCAT 511, GPA 3.89. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back. You got this.
Congratulations!! 🎊

Reactions: 1 users
congrats!!! I have similiar stats so hoping to follow you!!

Do you guys think MCG will release decisions in batches today or they release them all at once? Would help me from frantically checking my email

Do you guys think MCG will release decisions in batches today or they release them all at once? Would help me from frantically checking my email
batches probably. from what it seems the people who received As today got the email at separate times.

Reactions: 3 users
For last year and year before they were random times throughout the day some days

batches probably. from what it seems the people who received As today got the email at separate times.
From looking at previous years’ threads it seems that it’s always come through in batches, so I think it’s very individual

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't hear back from them. Do you guys know if they will call us or email us about the acceptances?

Ikr, I don't want to lose hope but it's getting really hard

Are a lot of you applying for reapp now and depending on MCG? I just realized AMCAS opened today
I probably should be preparing to reapply but I didn't want to even think about that... The weakest part of my app is def my mcat so I need to retake it to reapply o_O

I probably should be preparing to reapply but I didn't want to even think about that... The weakest part of my app is def my mcat so I need to retake it to reapply o_O
Same, I started studying again in Feb when I got waitlisted. Not fun at all. Have been struggling to study this week so far with the anxiety of it all.

Reactions: 1 user
Same, I started studying again in Feb when I got waitlisted. Not fun at all. Have been struggling to study this week so far with the anxiety of it all.
I should have done that lol I just keep praying for a miracle

Are a lot of you applying for reapp now and depending on MCG? I just realized AMCAS opened today
I’m WL at 2 schools, so I’m giving myself until May 16th and if I haven’t heard from either I’ll fill out AMCAS. I think that it gives me enough time to fill everything out and get transcripts sent to be able to submit on day 1 if I need to but also allows me to hope for a reasonable amount of time and not channel any negative energy.

I checked and last year there was someone who got pulled off the WL in July at MCG. so maybe we should just all stay delusional

I’m WL at 2 schools, so I’m giving myself until May 16th and if I haven’t heard from either I’ll fill out AMCAS. I think that it gives me enough time to fill everything out and get transcripts sent to be able to submit on day 1 if I need to but also allows me to hope for a reasonable amount of time and not channel any negative energy.

I checked and last year there was someone who got pulled off the WL in July at MCG. so maybe we should just all stay delusional
delulu is the solulu :xf:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
A off the WL at 11:32!! SO EXCITED! does anyone have the groupme link?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!!! Did you get a campus assignment?
Congrats 🎉 please send stats and interview date if you’re comfy with that
No campus assignment yet! I called admissions office bc I had a moment of panic since nothing was showing up in CYMS or in my portal (turns out I just started completing stuff before it updated, but it has since updated) and I asked abt campus assignments as well and they told me I could find out "up until the day of matriculation."

Interview date was 01/09, GPA was super mid but had an upward trend, MCAT >513, had lots of clinical hours, published research, and am an athlete at a pretty high level so was able to talk abt that.

• Love
No campus assignment yet! I called admissions office bc I had a moment of panic since nothing was showing up in CYMS or in my portal (turns out I just started completing stuff before it updated, but it has since updated) and I asked abt campus assignments as well and they told me I could find out "up until the day of matriculation."

Interview date was 01/09, GPA was super mid but had an upward trend, MCAT >513, had lots of clinical hours, published research, and am an athlete at a pretty high level so was able to talk abt that.
Congrats again! I interviewed around that time so its good to see later interviewers are being considered!

A today! Got my campus assignment a couple hours after the A as well. Does anyone have a link to the GroupMe?

>505 MCAT, 4.0 GPA, Interviewed mid Fall

• Love
Just got the A today. Campus assignment email received an hour later - Athens Campus. 507 MCAT, 3.6 Masters GPA. Can someone send me the GroupMe link?

• Love
A today! Got my campus assignment a couple hours after the A as well. Does anyone have a link to the GroupMe?

>505 MCAT, 4.0 GPA, Interviewed mid Fall
Congrats! 🎉 What campus was it? And do you mean your mcat was greater than 505?

Congrats! 🎉 What campus was it? And do you mean your mcat was greater than 505?
Thanks! It was the Savannah Campus, but yea greater than 505, didnt want to give out exact stats really. I can see how that would be confusing though haha, my bad!

Thanks for the updates everyone! Hopefully there’s more A’s to go around. Does MCG accept all through May?

I think it's gonna be trickle down acceptances till 2 weeks before start probably. But most this month most likely

Does anyone have an example week of the curriculum for Athens campus? I have the Savannah one but curious for athens

Also would yall say based off of this we are required to be in-person at least 16 hrs a week? At least for Savannah and augusta campus since same

Attachments

• 20240222_151427.jpg
    20240222_151427.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 42
When you guys sent the final transcript, did you get any notification that it was delivered from MCG?

When you guys sent the final transcript, did you get any notification that it was delivered from MCG?
I got a notification from parchment and I emailed mcg admissions to confirm they got it.

I just saw on Parchment that is got delivered, but I don't think I emailed MCG (probably should've)