2023-2024 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any previous students comment about the MD/MS program? Do you think it would help increase the chances of matching? What do the MD/MS students go on to do?
Current M1 here. Not really able to answer this. I don't know of any one in the program in our class and I'm not even sure if the application was sent out/how the application works. If you are interested in a competitive specialty, I would prioritize research over anything else and you don't need this program to do research. I also wouldn't do something you don't really want to do just cause it may slightly increase your chance of matching. But if it's something you're passionate about, go for it

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
has anyone submitted the credit report yet? if so, how long did it take to get verified in your portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current M1 here. Not really able to answer this. I don't know of any one in the program in our class and I'm not even sure if the application was sent out/how the application works. If you are interested in a competitive specialty, I would prioritize research over anything else and you don't need this program to do research. I also wouldn't do something you don't really want to do just cause it may slightly increase your chance of matching. But if it's something you're passionate about, go for it
Thank you for your response. It's a few extra courses shoved into the same four years. I'm considering it because I've really enjoyed clinical research over the past 6 years, and I can see myself doing it as a physician. One consideration is if it would be worth it in terms of effort/stress vs benefit, so that's what I'm trying to figure out. Thank you so much!

Thank you for your response. It's a few extra courses shoved into the same four years. I'm considering it because I've really enjoyed clinical research over the past 6 years, and I can see myself doing it as a physician. One consideration is if it would be worth it in terms of effort/stress vs benefit, so that's what I'm trying to figure out. Thank you so much!
That’s interesting I didn’t know MCW had an MD/MS that is done in all 4 years but do you know if you end up doing this program do you also still need to meet the Scholarly Pathway research requirements? Or maybe they overlap or something?

Reactions: 1 user
That’s interesting I didn’t know MCW had an MD/MS that is done in all 4 years but do you know if you end up doing this program do you also still need to meet the Scholarly Pathway research requirements? Or maybe they overlap or something?
The MS replaces the Pathways requirement. MD/MS students take additional courses like clinical statistics instead. Stats first semester seems hard LOL. Additionally you end up writing some of your thesis during clerkships third year. It seems like a really cool program. I'll give them a call and try to get some more information, and I'll post what I find.

Yea. It'll definitely be hard to say if there is a benefit and if it's manageable considering there aren't any people who have completed the program with the new curriculum. Hopefully they can get you into contact with an M1 in the program and maybe even an upper classman even though their curriculum is not comparable to ours. Good luck

The MS replaces the Pathways requirement. MD/MS students take additional courses like clinical statistics instead. Stats first semester seems hard LOL. Additionally you end up writing some of your thesis during clerkships third year. It seems like a really cool program. I'll give them a call and try to get some more information, and I'll post what I find.
sounds good let us know and good luck to you!

If it provides a glimmer of hope to anybody still holding out for an II, I didn't receive my II until the very last week of March last year, on a Saturday. I interviewed the following week, and was accepted about a week after that.

Obviously I can't say for certain, but assuming they are following a similar interview schedule/timeline this year, they very well may be sending out the last wave of II's within the next few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know where to join the GroupMe on the Facebook? I believe I am in the FB group but cannot find the GroupMe.

Does anybody know where to join the GroupMe on the Facebook? I believe I am in the FB group but cannot find the GroupMe.
The accepted students GroupMe recently went through a scare of some random joining, so I don't think we're allowed to share the GroupMe on SDN or other forums anymore :(

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but if I pay the deposit and accept the offer can I stay on a waitlist for another school until the deadline for commit to enroll or would I have to remove myself from all waitlists. Thanks for the help

Is there a place online to find potential roommates?

Accepted for Milwaukee campus!! Yay! OOS LM 71, interviewed 9/29
Congratulations!
Did you get access to the Facebook or group me? I am having a difficult getting accepted into the Facebook. Is there a groupme?

Hey! I had a quick question for anyone who interviewed or filled out the application for the HESP program. I noticed that the first essay question is practically identical to one of the questions we were asked on our secondary application to MCW. Is it okay to use the same response? or should it be different?

Hey! I had a quick question for anyone who interviewed or filled out the application for the HESP program. I noticed that the first essay question is practically identical to one of the questions we were asked on our secondary application to MCW. Is it okay to use the same response? or should it be different?
Somewhere in the HESP application at the beginning, they mention along the lines of feel free to use the one from the secondary so I think you are good to use it.

Is it possible to start a new Facebook page? I'm really hoping to find a roommate not having any luck getting into the current Facebook page. Has anyone other accepted students having issues? Is there another option to find roommates

Is it possible to start a new Facebook page? I'm really hoping to find a roommate not having any luck getting into the current Facebook page. Has anyone other accepted students having issues? Is there another option to find roommates

I’d say it’s probably too early in the cycle that people don’t know where they’re going to end up yet so looking for a place isn’t a high priority. I probably wouldn’t create a new Facebook page personally because it would just lead to more confusion. But that’s just my 2 cents.

By the way, what have you tried so far in terms of getting into the Facebook page? Were you able to search for it and do the whole request thing? Mine was approved within a couple days.

I’d say it’s probably too early in the cycle that people don’t know where they’re going to end up yet so looking for a place isn’t a high priority. I probably wouldn’t create a new Facebook page personally because it would just lead to more confusion. But that’s just my 2 cents.

By the way, what have you tried so far in terms of getting into the Facebook page? Were you able to search for it and do the whole request thing? Mine was approved within a couple days.
Thanks for your reply. That makes sense:)

Is there a groupme?

Did they happen to mention/has anybody asked about potential delays in their CTE deadline to accommodate this?
They didn't mention it. I think they are just gonna keep working to get offer letters out before that deadline

withdrew my A, best of luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
From second look day, deposit and PTE is April 30th, commit to enroll June 3rd. They mentioned they will try to get financial aid offers including scholarships out by April 30th, but could be a little delayed.

Withdrew my A yesterday. I really liked the community aspect of the interview and hope matriculating students will feel that too. Good luck to those on the WL!

Waitlist wait is brutal... Hope there is a strong waitlist movement this year!! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A yesterday. I really liked the community aspect of the interview and hope matriculating students will feel that too. Good luck to those on the WL!
+1 withdrawn A just now, good luck everyone!

Withdrew my A for a school closer to home. Seriously loved the school though and so excited for whoever gets my spot

Withdrawing too. Seems like an awesome school, just too cold for me(and far)

withdrew my A yesterday evening! hope it goes to one of you all amazing people <3

Withdrew my A from MKE campus last night, good luck everyone!!

Withdrew my A from MKE campus recently. Sending my love to all the incredible people on the WL; happy one of you lovely people will get a seat at this program ❤️

Last edited:
Has anyone received an aid offer yet?? Not scholarships, since that form comes out tmw