2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did yall send it electronically through parchment or did you send a physical copy?
I sent it through parchment and put 'Medical College of Georgia' and their email in the recipient profile thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if WL acceptances will still be going out or have they tapered off? Just being delirious rn

Reactions: 1 user
Based on previous year’s trends I’d say they’re not yet(?) 2 days of WL movement seems like an awful small amount of time…
Does anyone know if WL acceptances will still be going out or have they tapered off? Just being delirious rn

Reactions: 1 users
Based on previous year’s trends I’d say they’re not yet(?) 2 days of WL movement seems like an awful small amount of time…
Hopefully movement resumes Monday

Hi! Got off the WL earlier this week. Is there a GroupMe that I could be added to?

mid october interview, >3.7 sGPA, >510 MCAT, sent letter of updates

Do yall think they sent out all the mass WL A’s already and the rest are going to be trickled down?

Do yall think they sent out all the mass WL A’s already and the rest are going to be trickled down?
Eh I don’t think so necessarily but possible. In previous years it looks like WL movement happened all throughout May not just in the first week of May.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh I don’t think so necessarily but possible. In previous years it looks like WL movement happened all throughout May not just in the first week of May.
Yeah that’s true, but I expected more to have come out by now. Last Friday and now today being completely silent is kinda odd

Yeah that’s true, but I expected more to have come out by now. Last Friday and now today being completely silent is kinda odd
Last Friday I think they just were not meeting/working. Like I sent an email Thursday evening and I did not get a response until this morning

Last Friday I think they just were not meeting/working. Like I sent an email Thursday evening and I did not get a response until this morning
Hmmmm okay so maybe they’re getting things in order today and will resume movement tmrw. Hopefully!!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone called recently to ask for updates?

Keep us posted! I saw on the premed Reddit that delays could have been caused due to the FAFSA delay but I’m not sure about what that was… Really unnerving though

I emailed them this morning around 7 am to update my transcript that came in and they answered around 9:15 am. So they’re in office at least so hoping we hear something soon!!

it’s so weird how we haven’t heard anything this week

Same I hope there’s a lot more A’s to go around

Acceptance received at 9:46. This feels surreal im literally sitting at my graduation right now 😭😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
FYI the alternate list thing won’t ever go away. I called and asked them abt it when I got in, they said to disregard the portal for that and follow the email and AMCAS.
Oh okay thanks! I was getting worried lol 😂

Congrats to those accepted today! Anyone know how much more movement will occur? How many people are in accepted student’s groupme?

Last edited:
  • Love
Congrats yall!!! Did yall get campus assignments?

• Love
Interesting, and congrats! I wonder if campus preferences are affecting order in which they release WL too…
Congrats to everyone who was accepted today! That’s what I was thinking too.. Maybe today they released Savannah WL positions (from what it seems like)— as someone who didn’t hear back today and had Savannah as my last campus choice. Still fingers crossed 🤞

• Love
Did anyone who received the email about the early assurance masters/MD program get off the waitlist yet?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted today! That’s what I was thinking too.. Maybe today they released Savannah WL positions (from what it seems like)— as someone who didn’t hear back today and had Savannah as my last campus choice. Still fingers crossed 🤞
I’m not sure how much ranking of campuses matters. I was pulled off on 05/02 and Savannah wasn’t my first choice. (Had Augusta as #1 and no preference listed for Athens/Savannah)

I’m not sure how much ranking of campuses matters. I was pulled off on 05/02 and Savannah wasn’t my first choice. (Had Augusta as #1 and no preference listed for Athens/Savannah)
I think we are just talking about those who got off the WL today because it was all Savannah apparently

Really hoping we hear news maybe tmrw cause I’m actually going crazy!
Me too. It’s been really hard emotionally to cope over the past few weeks. The thought of having to submit my primary in 3 weeks again is really something else

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone send me the groupme link? Accepted last Thursday off the waitlist.
Late November interview

I was in the WL last cycle. The majority of the WL movement happened in the first half of May. If I recall, if it’s past the first or second week of May, your chances of getting out of the WL significantly drop. Though WL movement technically still goes on until orientation begins. I’ve only heard of 1-2 guys every cycle who get accepted off the WL two weeks before orientation