2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the interview format? and is it open file or closed file?
open file, traditional one on one with faculty. lasts around an hour. mine was super Lowkey and conversational and seems to be the experience of most people

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people that did the meet the dean session, how long does it take? When does it actually start and finish? And when do you get a confirmation?

I just got the Biomedical Masters email smh I have a bad feeling its a soft R 😭

For the people that did the meet the dean session, how long does it take? When does it actually start and finish? And when do you get a confirmation?
I got a confirmation 10 days before, and then a reminder a few days before. The session is supposed to be 45 minutes, but I think it went for around an hour. The student Q&A is also supposed to be 45 minutes, but went for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. They say you are free to leave once an hour and a half has passed, since that is what is scheduled.

Reactions: 1 user
For the people who did the deans session, is it just 5 minutes each to speak about any activity? Or something in particular?

I got a confirmation 10 days before, and then a reminder a few days before. The session is supposed to be 45 minutes, but I think it went for around an hour. The student Q&A is also supposed to be 45 minutes, but went for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. They say you are free to leave once an hour and a half has passed, since that is what is scheduled.
Beautiful thank you

For the people who did the deans session, is it just 5 minutes each to speak about any activity? Or something in particular?
The dean has your file and usually gives a brief intro about you before you begin to speak. You basically introduce yourself and some of the activities you have done over the years anywhere between 2-5 min

The dean has your file and usually gives a brief intro about you before you begin to speak. You basically introduce yourself and some of the activities you have done over the years anywhere between 2-5 min
Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to hear back from 10/4 interview...

Reactions: 3 users
if we are WL do they tell us or do we only find that out in March? I interviewed 11/2 and waiting for what my decision is lookin like

if we are WL do they tell us or do we only find that out in March? I interviewed 11/2 and waiting for what my decision is lookin like
don’t lose hope though, I thought I was surely waitlisted/rejected and was accepted 3 months after my interview.

don’t lose hope though, I thought I was surely waitlisted/rejected and was accepted 3 months after my interview.
Congrats!! Thanks for sharing that! Trying to keep hope as it’s been almost 4 months since mine.

So from what I can tell, and I hope I’m wrong, if September interviewees are just finding out, I don’t think us October interviewees would find out anything until next month. So I guess if we haven’t heard any WL or R news, we can just keep our heads up and hope for the best

So from what I can tell, and I hope I’m wrong, if September interviewees are just finding out, I don’t think us October interviewees would find out anything until next month. So I guess if we haven’t heard any WL or R news, we can just keep our heads up and hope for the best
I am not sure this is entirely the case. some people who interviewed in october and november heard back around Christmas and New Year's eve as per this thread. It seems like they aren't really going in order but again this is all speculation.

II a few days ago complete early august, any tips going into the interview?
Other than don’t get discouraged if you don’t hear back soon haha, just be yourself and have solid reasons for why you did the things you did and how that helped you become the person you are. That might sound cliche but the interview is their chance to really know you more than the stats

Does anyone know if there is a priority waitlist and a high priority waitlist? Or just priority and regular?

For the people that had the meet the dean sessions, how did you prepare? What should I expect?

Does anyone know what the overall vibe is of the school? I got the A but I want to go to a school where I feel supported and the students are generally happy

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the overall vibe is of the school? I got the A but I want to go to a school where I feel supported and the students are generally happy
when did you interview and get the A?!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A recently! Late October interview, late November dean session.

It's been 2.5 weeks since my interview and I have not received an invitation for student interview. Has anyone who interviewed in Jan. have student interviews?

It's been 2.5 weeks since my interview and I have not received an invitation for student interview. Has anyone who interviewed in Jan. have student interviews?
I interviewed in Dec and they didn’t have any students available the day i interviewed - it didn’t seem like they planned on scheduling them at all

I interviewed in Dec and they didn’t have any students available the day i interviewed - it didn’t seem like they planned on scheduling them at all
I had my student interview last week but had to reach out to Admissions to confirm and schedule it! I had my MD interview right before the New Year and they also couldn't schedule a student interview, so yeah I would strongly suggest reaching out to them to "remind" them to schedule you!

Any late October Dean’s/Student interview + November Dean’s Session interviewees not hear back yet

Any late October Dean’s/Student interview + November Dean’s Session interviewees not hear back yet
Meet the Deans - 9/27

Faculty Interview- 10/4

Student Interview - 10/6

No response yet. I’m quite discouraged, I really liked this school and felt both interviews went well.

interviewed the first week of november IS but waiting for some good news hopefully. Afraid it might end up into WL considering the amount of As that have been sent since then

I've read some mention about needing to introduce yourself/some activities briefly on the meet the deans day. Can someone elaborate about that please? Like do they ask you to just tell others about urself or r u explicitly instructed to share an activity that you participate in? And is it supposed to be a clinical activity or can it be any activity. Thank you!

I've read some mention about needing to introduce yourself/some activities briefly on the meet the deans day. Can someone elaborate about that please? Like do they ask you to just tell others about urself or r u explicitly instructed to share an activity that you participate in? And is it supposed to be a clinical activity or can it be any activity. Thank you!
It’s not really a prompt just introduce yourself they tell you. people during mine just talked abt their undergrad, gap year plans, maybe an activity from undergrad and a hobby

Yeah I had mine the day of my interview. Did u fill out the student interview on ur potal. I think if u did and u still havent had one, it seems like they just didnt have someone available that day for you and u prob wont be getting a student interview at all. but i doubt that would be held against u in anyway