2023-2024 New Mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, longtime “lurker”, first-time poster. Graduated several years ago, now in fellowship. Hoping to eventually work my way back to New Mexico. Feel free to reach out with any questions about the app cycle/process, or why you should choose UNM if so fortunate (you should).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MD = 35 / DO = 2 / NM Resident / Interview = 1 / Interview hold = 2 / Rejection = 3 / Stats: MCAT= 509 , GPA= 3.9
(UNMSOM) Secondary submitted: 08/16/2023 Interview invite: 08/28/2023 Interview Date: 09/25/2023
OOS (University of Arizona -Tucson) = 'Interview hold' status
OOS (University of California - San Diego) = "Interview hold" status

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back from interviews yet?

IS, interviewed 10/3

Anyone hear back from interviews yet?

IS, interviewed 10/3

Nope. IS interviewed 9/12. They told me if they really liked me I’d hear back in November, if I’m average it won’t be til March.

Has anyone else received any info or updates? This chat is so quiet it’s stressing me out lol.

I had IS A yesterday with rolling admissions. I interviewed in mid-September (I think I'm IS, but the residency requirements are confusing lol).

Reactions: 1 users
I had IS A yesterday with rolling admissions. I interviewed in mid-September (I think I'm IS, but the residency requirements are confusing lol).
Congratulations! Hopefully that means they are working through and some of us will be hearing shortly.

Congratulations! Hopefully that means they are working through and some of us will be hearing shortly.
Thank you! They told us we'd hear back towards the end of October for rolling admissions, so it seems like they're running a bit slow this year.

Congrats! That’s awesome to hear! Excited that they are getting started on sending out decisions.

OOS A today! Over the moon excited! Interviewed 10/4

Anyone have any updates?
Just chillin here with my pool of anxiety.
1603531619362.png

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any updates?
Just chillin here with my pool of anxiety. View attachment 379315
Based off past sdn forums and my interviewer if you don't hear back after a month or so your score didn't make the rolling admissions cut or auto rejection cut. You will likely hear back the 2nd week of February or March if they are behind.

Based off past sdn forums and my interviewer if you don't hear back after a month or so your score didn't make the rolling admissions cut or auto rejection cut. You will likely hear back the 2nd week of February or March if they are behind.
Thank you,
Guess I get to keep sitting with my anxiety and hoping. 🤞🤞

Thank you,
Guess I get to keep sitting with my anxiety and hoping. 🤞🤞
I am still waiting on status updates from my interview date on 10/20! IS candidate. However, I agree with @scrimage that we should've heard back if we made the auto rejection or acceptance cut, so maybe we are probably in the waitlist cut, haha.

I feel you! I've been waiting since October 20th (crying face)..

I've been waiting since September 💀. You're telling me it takes 150 days to tell me yes no maybe. UNM has some things going for them but admission efficiency/speed is definitely not one of them.

I've been waiting since September 💀. You're telling me it takes 150 days to tell me yes no maybe. UNM has some things going for them but admission efficiency/speed is definitely not one of them.
That's the norm for most schools. UNM has a scored system where different cutoffs throughout the application cycle either get accepted or rejected. At the moment you exist somewhere in the middle and all you can really do is wait as they gather more information from interviewing other candidates.

Does anyone know if they're still interviewing more candidates?

It's the final countdown!!
Nee new nee new nenew nee nee new
1706805666412.png

I guess tomorrows the day. Good luck to everyone anxiously waiting for that email! Do you think they’ll start sending some today too?

I guess tomorrow’s the day. Good luck to everyone anxiously waiting for that email! Do you think they’ll start sending some today too?
Good luck everyone! Definitely not getting sleep tonight lol.

Good luck everyone!!

Their update email saying they will have decisions out by 5pm MST on 2/16/24 near gave me a heart attack!

Anyone received an email yet? I am anxiously checking my phone every minute.

Hi all! For the people that were placed on the alternate list, will they tell us what rank we are?