2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
looked through the threads of last cycles and it looks like decisions in oct, nov and dec come out on 2nd friday of the month. however, if the 2nd friday is less than 10 workdays, then decisions are sent on the following thursday instead

Mentally preparing to wait until the 16th then

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
looked through the threads of last cycles and it looks like decisions in oct, nov and dec come out on 2nd friday of the month. however, if the 2nd friday is less than 10 workdays, then decisions are sent on the following thursday instead
So if I had mine yesterday, I probably have to wait until the December decision day right?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I guess October decisions are coming out next week? Anyone hear anything?

So I guess October decisions are coming out next week? Anyone hear anything?
I think we would've heard back by now today, so I would assume next week unfortunately, but I have no clue I am just going off what has happened in previous months

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get an email about an info session, but says "There's still time to complete your application?" Maybe I'm being neurotic but i submitted my application already, did everyone else get the same thing?

Anyone else get an email about an info session, but says "There's still time to complete your application?" Maybe I'm being neurotic but i submitted my application already, did everyone else get the same thing?
I got that and just got a correction email saying my app is complete and under review, but the subject said "Virtual Interview Invitation (Correction!)" so now I'm extra confused

I got that and just got a correction email saying my app is complete and under review, but the subject said "Virtual Interview Invitation (Correction!)" so now I'm extra confused

+1. They really need to figure out what they’re saying before they send emails.

I also received the correction email- very confused on whether this is an actual interview or not!

I also received the correction email- very confused on whether this is an actual interview or not!
Just got an email apologizing for the mistake, looks like it's just an info session invite :cryi:
Sad bc I almost had a heart attack

They can't even spell correctly lmao.
" Please disregard the two emails that were send today. We are so sorry for the confusion."

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email apologizing for the mistake, looks like it's just an info session invite :cryi:
Sad bc I almost had a heart attack
oh my gosh that brief 10 minutes caused me so much panic mistakes like that are so unfair hahah

Damn really got my hopes up all to find out the email was a mistake ouch

Does anyone know how long it takes to get back to you for interviews? Received II on September 18 and submitted it October 12th. Attending a virtual information session Thursday

That virtual interview email really got my hopes up for no reason smhhh

My B! I meant when do you get interview invites?
I believe it really varies for this school but just fyi, II = interview invite, not secondary application :)

I submitted my secondary early august, received II mid October, and still pending a final decision

My B! I meant when do you get interview invites?
I believe it really varies for this school but just fyi, II = interview invite, not secondary application :)

I submitted my secondary early august, received II mid October, and still pending a final decision
Yeah it is definitely variable! I submitted my secondary 7/18 and received my interview invite on 9/14

Thank you so much for the clarification! That II is so misleading

• Haha
When should we expect to hear back for the October interviews since it wasn't last friday?

When should we expect to hear back for the October interviews since it wasn't last friday?
^^

A!!!! Interviewed 10/18 :love::love::love: LM 67

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got the A! Interviewed on 11/3. LM 69

Last edited:
Got the A! Interviewed 11/3. LM 65

Last edited:
Wait this is so weird. I interviewed 10/24 and haven’t received any email at all today. Anyone else who interviewed in October in same boat? I am very, very nervous now. Is it possible nyitcom sends decisions over the week or something? This was for Long Island btw. IS 71 LM

Last edited:
Wait this is so weird. I interviewed 10/24 and haven’t received any email at all today. Anyone else who interviewed in October in same boat? I am very, very nervous now. Is it possible nyitcom sends decisions over the week or something? This was for Long Island btw. IS 71 LM
Same here, I'm going to assume I was put aside on a future waitlist unfortunately :(

I interviewed 10/6 and have heard nothing yet. What does this mean?

I interviewed 10/6 and have heard nothing yet. What does this mean?
I don't think it means anything, they get to people when they get to them, and if they interviewed you the odds are they already really liked you. There is still a chance to hear back later this week, I wouldn't dwell on when others heard back

how long do they give to put down a deposit if accepted?
they follow AACOMAS traffic guidelines found here :)
IMG_1013.png

Just received an invite to fill out a survey while waiting for my post-II decision. Gave me a heart attack