2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
2nd II! completed secondary about 2.5 weeks ago.

Is NYITCOM primary care focused? I'd really appreciate if anyone, especially current students, could weigh in!

It’s whack man, I have an LM of 65 and have an MD II and three DO II. I actually really like this school but haven’t heard a damn thing
I have one DO II and crickets from everywhere else. I submitted early September so I know it's not that crazy that I haven't heard much but damn I'd take an R at this point just to know someone looked at my app

Reactions: 1 user
I have one DO II and crickets from everywhere else. I submitted early September so I know it's not that crazy that I haven't heard much but damn I'd take an R at this point just to know someone looked at my app
I have 0 II and I was saying this about the R for the same reason and then GW hit me with the R and I take it back.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you provide some more details about the interview? Mine is happening soon :’)
Sure! It was just about 20 minutes, my interviewer was extremely kind and conversational. The questions asked were fairly typical with an emphasis on serving underserved communities. One thing I've noticed about most of my interviews this cycle was the prevalence of asking which specialty we're interested in, given that this is a DO school and mostly focused on primary care, definitely something to keep in mind if you're asked that question. I don't wanna dox myself so I'm not going to share who my interviewer was but I'd be happy to answer more specific questions via DM

Has anyone gotten an interview here recently? It is my top choice and I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary :(

Sure! It was just about 20 minutes, my interviewer was extremely kind and conversational. The questions asked were fairly typical with an emphasis on serving underserved communities. One thing I've noticed about most of my interviews this cycle was the prevalence of asking which specialty we're interested in, given that this is a DO school and mostly focused on primary care, definitely something to keep in mind if you're asked that question. I don't wanna dox myself so I'm not going to share who my interviewer was but I'd be happy to answer more specific questions via DM
Thank you very much! I'll DM you once I think of more specific questions to ask you😂

Interviewed today for LI. Don’t stress it! Very basic questions and they emphasize that if you received an II it means they already think you have what they are looking for :)

Makes me wonder about post-I acceptance rates ?

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed today for LI. Don’t stress it! Very basic questions and they emphasize that if you received an II it means they already think you have what they are looking for :)

Makes me wonder about post-I acceptance rates ?
What type of questions would you consider "very basic"😂? My interview is coming up soon

What type of questions would you consider "very basic"😂? My interview is coming up soon
Legit why medicine, why osteopathic medicine, experience with underserved, why our school, tell me about your background, strength/weakness, etc. No weird MMI or ethical Casper style questions. Ditto my interviewer said it’s not supposed to stress you out and it’s generally a good sign to get an interview this early relatively.

Legit why medicine, why osteopathic medicine, experience with underserved, why our school, tell me about your background, strength/weakness, etc. No weird MMI or ethical Casper style questions. Ditto my interviewer said it’s not supposed to stress you out and it’s generally a good sign to get an interview this early relatively.
Thank you; hopefully everything goes well!

Hey guys! Good luckt to everyone during this application cycle! I'm currently OMS-II at NYITCOM in Old Westbury. I'll be happy to answer any questions about the program, student life, etc! My dms are also open!

Complete - 08.28
II Received - 09.15
Interviewed - 09.27
Accepted - 10.13

ORM
LM 65.70

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if they mentioned when decisions are coming out for October Long Island interviews?

Anyone know if they mentioned when decisions are coming out for October Long Island interviews?
August September and early October decisions came out on 10/13 so I’m assuming maybe early November hopefully. I interviewed 10/13 and have been able to sleep peacefully since lol

Depending on exactly when you interviewed, the turnaround time is about one month this far into the cycle. I interviewed 10/14 and received the A on 11/11 last year. You guys got this!

I haven’t been here in a while in spirit of comp week studying, but I saw someone ask about an accepted students chat. Here it is: GroupMe

On another note, I intend on running an incoming/prospective student spotlight on my Medfluencer YouTube channel. I thought it would be a great way to foster an inclusive campus and boost school spirit. I know that tours are resuming, so this is a good opportunity to put yourself out there before you start classes here. If anyone is interested in being featured, let me know. If I am on campus on that day around that time, I am happy to accommodate you. Please only inquire about this opportunity if NYITCOM is in your Top 3. Anyone is free to message me with any NYITCOM questions, however.

Last edited:
Has anyone from the 9/26-27 interview dates not heard back yet? Unsure if I should reach out and ask for a possible update or not

Just withdrew my application, good luck everyone!

hey anyone a current student here? Wanted to ask some questions about commuting/travel also how many days 1st and 2nd years are on campus. Lmk if anyone would mind answering a few questions I have. I did go to the info session but all of the info sessions I have attended have just mushed together and I can't quite remember much of the info that was told to me lol.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I've been commuting from Queens as a first year. Feel free to DM.

It’s whack man, I have an LM of 65 and have an MD II and three DO II. I actually really like this school but haven’t heard a damn thing
I have a LizzyM of 65 and they took a while to get back to me but I was accepted so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 4 users
hey anyone a current student here? Wanted to ask some questions about commuting/travel also how many days 1st and 2nd years are on campus. Lmk if anyone would mind answering a few questions I have. I did go to the info session but all of the info sessions I have attended have just mushed together and I can't quite remember much of the info that was told to me lol.
We have at least 3 days on campus in our first semester. One day for DPR lab, one for anatomy, one for OMM. After you complete anatomy in fall and neuroanatomy in spring, you start case-based learning, which is remote. Some other occasions in which you will have to go on campus are exams, clinical practice reflections, and standardized patient encounters.

We have at least 3 days on campus in our first semester. One day for DPR lab, one for anatomy, one for OMM. After you complete anatomy in fall and neuroanatomy in spring, you start case-based learning, which is remote. Some other occasions in which you will have to go on campus are exams, clinical practice reflections, and standardized patient encounters.
ahh thank you so much for the reply!

anyone know when the drug test would be due? if there is one

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after an interview?

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after an interview?
Their adcom meets once a month, typically mid month so like if you interviewed in October you’ll likely hear back during the November meeting (mid November). However you may slip through earlier or later, for example I interviewed 10/5 and was accepted 10/13 (mid October meeting)

Their adcom meets once a month, typically mid month so like if you interviewed in October you’ll likely hear back during the November meeting (mid November). However you may slip through earlier or later, for example I interviewed 10/5 and was accepted 10/13 (mid October meeting)

Thank you so much! I interviewed today so I am hoping to slip through the crack and hear back soon. The schools i have been accepted to have very high seat deposit, so it want to make a decision before paying the expensive deposits.

Thank you so much! I interviewed today so I am hoping to slip through the crack and hear back soon. The schools i have been accepted to have very high seat deposit, so it want to make a decision before paying the expensive deposits.
Congrats on completing your interview, I also interviewed today. Wondering if you or anyone else sent a thank you note? And if so, just to the admissions email?

Congrats on completing your interview, I also interviewed today. Wondering if you or anyone else sent a thank you note? And if so, just to the admissions email?
Sent an email to general admissions office. They include it in your file.

I realize for some reason maybe I was tired or something but I completely forgot to send a thank you note after my interview although I think it went great and I felt like I am a good fit (close to home, good stats, etc). Anyone who got the A and didn't send any thank you note or am I just being overly paranoid? I interviewed early Oct (IS, LM 71)

I sent a thank you note directly to my interviewer! The NYIT directory is really nice so might be better than emailing general admissions

I sent a thank you note directly to my interviewer! The NYIT directory is really nice so might be better than emailing general admissions
Same I sent one to my interviewer as well. Interviewed 10/13. Waiting to hear back.

does anyone know what time tomorrow decisions will come out for the October interviews??