2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks NYIT for the heart attack email ab an info session while waiting for a post interview decision:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who have friends at NYITCOM or alumni who graduated from here, I was just thinking of something. I have a friend who went to undergrad with me and was part of my fraternity (one that I am trying to start a chapter of here, as a matter of fact). I wrote a letter to admissions recommending her. I do not think that character letters help all that much, but they certainly do not hurt. Ask people you know if they can give you a boost. :)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone relax! I didn’t get an interview here until February and got in 2 weeks later. I got pulled off the waitlist for an MD program end of May. You guys have a loooong way to go and you’ll likely be fine in the end ;)

*edit I was complete early July for my cycle! They don’t just skip you and never go back. Send updates if you don’t hear anything starting after thanksgiving or new years.
What do you mean by send updates? Like another letter of recommendation??

What do you mean by send updates? Like another letter of recommendation??
As in, a letter updating them of any new activities you may have started. Anything else that might make you more competitive. If anyone has any questions, feel free to DM. I'm a current student. I was in your seats not too long ago haha.

Is there any way on a portal to withdraw? It just takes me back to my secondary!

Does anyone know if the optional pre interview welcome sessions are with camera on or off?

Does anyone know if the optional pre interview welcome sessions are with camera on or off?
If this school is one of your top choices, it might leave a better impression if your camera's on. That way the admissions people know you're engaged. Although if you'd like to leave your camera off, I don't recall them forcing you to turn it on when I participated in the session. Be prepared either way though.

Last edited:
Any current students here at the Long Island campus willing to answer questions about campus life?

Any acceptances yet? I interviewed 9/19 and was wondering how long it usually takes for an answer. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Any current students here at the Long Island campus willing to answer questions about campus life?
We have a lot of organizations on campus. Some of them are based in specialties, service, hobbies, and DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion). As a first-year student, I am highly active in Rock Steady Boxing, a boxing program for people with Parkinson Disease. I also started participating in the fit physicians program, where students do a 2-3 mile run or walk weekly, then faculty lead a discussion at the end. There really are a lot of organizations on campus, but you can only attend so much. One of the main attractions to the school is you guys, the student body. Collectively, we are very friendly, social, and inclusive! I love it here. If you are looking for a school that will give you a sense of belonging, NYITCOM-OW is your answer. I cannot speak for AR.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed yesterday and by far it was my most positive experience yet! My interviewer said the committee meets once a month and the first meeting is mid-October, don’t know if I’ll be reviewed in that pool bc I’m not a September interview but hopefully start hearing back for you guys within the next 2 weeks!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I completed end of July, heard nothing yet. Do I still got a chance?

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed on 10/6, should I expect to hear back in November? Does anyone know when we usually hear back?

interviewed on 10/6, should I expect to hear back in November? Does anyone know when we usually hear back?
I interviewed 10/5 and I’m assuming we’ll be lumped into the October interviews so November decision, but I could be wrong. My interviewer said the committee is gonna start meeting mid October. So who knows if maybe we’ll squeak by

to those that interviewed, what were your stats?
NYC applicant. 4.0/511. I have 400 research exp with no pubs/posters, 1700 clinical combined paid + volunteering, 200 nonclinical with underserved, 150 TA, 100 shadowing. I don't have DO shadowing but I have experience working with patients who have undergone OMM before. Super local to NYIT-Long Island.

A as well!! Interviewed 9/22- Long Island

Congrats to those who got the A!! Any tips for the interview because mine is coming up in a few days? Also stats for those got accepted if you don't mind sharing?

Congrats to those who got the A!! Any tips for the interview because mine is coming up in a few days? Also stats for those got accepted if you don't mind sharing?
My interviewer was absolutely incredible, very conversational and personable. Just have a really good reason for why DO and also how you have had experience serving an underserved community. 3.6 sGPA 3.5cGPA 508

Interviewed 9/21 for Long Island and haven’t heard anything today. Is this a bad sign?

my interview focused a lot on diversity and of course why DO and why NYIT, but it was very conversational and my interviewer was very responsive to my answers. stats: 511, gpa 3.2

Does anyone want to make an accepted students GroupMe? A lot of the other chats are doing that.

Hey guys! I’m a current first year so PM me if you have any questions :) we have exams around the corner but I’ll still try to get back to you guys soon 😊

• Care
Likewise, I am available if anyone has questions. I am an OMS-1. Really like it here.

OOS II (family ties) just now! LM 69 and complete 7/10. I updated my AACOMAS profile with my new job and DO shadowing experience this weekend. Don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

This school is one of my top choices and I haven’t heard anything since submitting my secondary :( 510 MCAT 3.6 GPA very good ECs. Please help!

oos II received recently, complete late september

Last edited: