2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an invite to fill out a survey while waiting for my post-II decision. Gave me a heart attack
Same almost died

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
just got the A! In-state, interviewed 10/17

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to everyone who just got the A!!

You're invited to my new group 'NYITCOM-Long Island accepted students Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Congratulations to those who recently received an A. There is a GroupMe for accepted students here. I am happy to answer any questions you may have in the chat. I will say that the student body at NYITCOM-OW is very hard to find elsewhere, so if you are looking for a med school where everyone (for the most part) is very friendly, you should find happiness here.

Has anyone on here been marked complete since late August and have still heard nothing?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey any other October interviewers who still haven’t heard back this week? My interviewer was very reassuring to me and I am IS close to school with stats above their average (LM 71) with good ECs. Interviewed 10/24 does this basically mean a waitlist?

Last edited:
It hasn't even been a month yet since your interview. Based on your LM, in state ties, and "good ECs", I wouldn't assume waitlist automatically. You still have a good chance of being accepted sooner than later, especially if you believe your interview went relatively well. With next week being Thanksgiving break, you'll likely receive a decision after.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Would any current students PM me! I am an accepted student and just have a couple of questions!

Can any students speak on what the first year schedule looks like? Like how often are you on campus, how often do you have in person labs versus online lectures? Having trouble finding this online. Thanks in advance!

Can any students speak on what the first year schedule looks like? Like how often are you on campus, how often do you have in person labs versus online lectures? Having trouble finding this online. Thanks in advance!
For the first semester, we have three different labs we have to come in person for (anatomy, DPR, and OMM) every week. Exams are of course also in person, about every two weeks. You'll also have to come in an extra day (usually Fridays) a couple of times during the semester for "clinical practice reflections" where the school will invite a speaker to talk about something.

For the second semester, as far as I'm aware, we have to come in for neuroanatomy lab for just one block in addition to OMM and DPR labs. However, after the first block, neuroanatomy is replaced with case-based learning which is on Zoom. And so DPR and OMM will be the only labs we'll have after that first block in the second semester.

There are no in person lectures but the online lectures (asynchronous) can vary between 6-15 lectures a week. Often times they will split up the lectures in multiple videos, but usually they tend to be anywhere from 40 minutes to about an hour and a half.

• Care
For the first semester, we have three different labs we have to come in person for (anatomy, DPR, and OMM) every week. Exams are of course also in person, about every two weeks. You'll also have to come in an extra day (usually Fridays) a couple of times during the semester for "clinical practice reflections" where the school will invite a speaker to talk about something.

For the second semester, as far as I'm aware, we have to come in for neuroanatomy lab for just one block in addition to OMM and DPR labs. However, after the first block, neuroanatomy is replaced with case-based learning which is on Zoom. And so DPR and OMM will be the only labs we'll have after that first block in the second semester.

There are no in person lectures but the online lectures (asynchronous) can vary between 6-15 lectures a week. Often times they will split up the lectures in multiple videos, but usually they tend to be anywhere from 40 minutes to about an hour and a half.

Thank you so much!! This is incredibly helpful.

Hey everyone, I'm a rising OMS-2 this coming fall! Also available to answer any questions about the program/student life/etc. Feel free to dm me as well!
My daughter submitted in early July 2023
MCAT 513
cGPA: 3.77
s GPA: 3.45
Strong research and community service.
Moderate showing
Has been working at research 3 days week and volunteer 5 hours a week.
She has DO LOR
Has not heard back

Does anyone have any idea as to when the next round of acceptances will come out?

My daughter submitted in early July 2023
MCAT 513
cGPA: 3.77
s GPA: 3.45
Strong research and community service.
Moderate showing
Has been working at research 3 days week and volunteer 5 hours a week.
She has DO LOR
Has not heard back
I submitted my secondary early May and got my II in October

Id assume around dec 15. When I had my interview they said they meet once a month around that date.

By they I mean the adcom :)

It would be very nice if decisions could come out before dec 14th though for selfish/costly reasons lol

Reactions: 2 users
I read somewhere here before typically Friday of second week per month so I assume Dec 15th. I interviewed late October and still haven't heard back so hopefully December brings good news. My interviewer also did say typically mid month.

For anyone who interviewed, how would you say the interview experience was, types of questions asked, etc. I was also told at the Pre-Interview Welcome Session that the interview is semi-blind, did it seem like that was the case during your interview?

Thank you and good luck everyone!

Last edited:
For anyone who interviewed, how would you say the interview experience was, types of questions asked, etc. I was also told at the Pre-Interview Welcome Session that the interview is semi-blind, did it seem like that was the case during your interview?

I don’t know if it was completely open of semi-blind but I do know that my interviewer had access to my personal statement and extracurricular activities. Nothing about my MCAT and GPA was mentioned during the interview. I am not sure if the interviewer did not have access to it or he did not think it was important to mention.

It may differ between interviewers but mine was completely blind. It was very conversational and they mainly wanted to get to know me and my motivations so I enjoyed that. Questions I had included why medicine, why osteopathic, experience with underserved, time you failed, tell me about yourself. It ended up mainly being me asking questions about the school though so definitely prepare some questions you want to ask.

Paying the deposit and sending the acceptance reply form is to only hold a spot correct? or is this binding for the school?

anyone else who already interviewed get an email about a pre-interview welcome session for this friday?

anyone else who already interviewed get an email about a pre-interview welcome session for this friday?
I did; the bottom of the e-mail says to disregard if you have already attended this session previously.

has anyone who does not have DO shadowing experience been accepted?

Anyone know when decisions will be released for Nov interviews? I’m not tryna pay a deposit at other schools lol

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone in this wave of As! feel free to join us in the admitted students gc:

You're invited to my new group 'NYITCOM-Long Island accepted students Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe