2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone complete in mid to late Aug get an II yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary w/ payment 6/29 and they sent me confirmation that my secondary had been received and my app was complete on 7/4. Definitely on the slower side of things, so I wouldn't worry too much if it takes a minute.
Is Supplemental application same as secondary? I did my supplemental but I am confused. Thanks.

Hey all. Checking back in. I was wondering if any of you who may receive an acceptance would be cool with me starting the Class of 2028 Discord. I can put together some of the channels, bots, and whatnot. The Class of 2026 admin helped put the Class of 2027 server together, so I would like to pass forward the deed.

Hey all. Checking back in. I was wondering if any of you who may receive an acceptance would be cool with me starting the Class of 2028 Discord. I can put together some of the channels, bots, and whatnot. The Class of 2026 admin helped put the Class of 2027 server together, so I would like to pass forward the deed.

So were the interviews sent out yet?

Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate is at this school?

So were the interviews sent out yet?
Interviews were sent to some students here.
Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate is at this school?
This, I desperately searched for everywhere after my interview, but I could not find anything at all. I would say that if you get an interview, you have a great chance of ultimately receiving an acceptance. Even if you get WLed. The WL movement starts in April, and it really accelerates around the middle of May. There were some people getting pulled off the WL in July even.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete late June and haven’t heard anything yet :( 3.65 gpa, 516 MCAT, OOS

I see some of you fretting over radio silence this early in the cycle. I would like to assure you all that now is not the time to panic. You are not going to see results overnight. It takes time for NYITCOM admissions to review applications. From how I see it, they are going to prioritize highly competitive applications that they encounter first, sidetrack competitive to average applications in the pile, then continue through new applications. Come the next year around January or February, silence would not be a good sign, but it is FAR from over right now. Try to stay hopeful.

The Class of 2026 has an incoming class profile with a 3.67 average GPA and 506 MCAT. You can use these statistics as a benchmark for competitiveness, but also note that these statistics do not account for ECs, clinical experiences, etc.

Reactions: 7 users
OOS II yesterday right at 1:00 CST. Arkansas campus, complete 6/21

I think the only way to switch is to decline the invite and hope Long Island sends one

Also received an II from Arkansas yesterday, but declined due to being accepted to other programs.

I’m a Texas resident and had Long Island as a preference but I guess they saw AR as a better fit for me haha.

Reactions: 1 users
II received today (9/18/23) for Long Island! IS and close to campus. Complete 8/29. LM 71

Anyone complete in early july and not get an II yet?:((

jenna fischer raise hand GIF

I wonder if I'm pretty much rejected at this point.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone complete in early july and not get an II yet?:((
I addressed this concern several days ago. I will repost it below:

"I see some of you fretting over radio silence this early in the cycle. I would like to assure you all that now is not the time to panic. You are not going to see results overnight. It takes time for NYITCOM admissions to review applications. From how I see it, they are going to prioritize highly competitive applications that they encounter first, sidetrack competitive to average applications in the pile, then continue through new applications. Come the next year around January or February, silence would not be a good sign, but it is FAR from over right now. Try to stay hopeful.

The Class of 2026 has an incoming class profile with a 3.67 average GPA and 506 MCAT. You can use these statistics as a benchmark for competitiveness, but also note that these statistics do not account for ECs, clinical experiences, etc."

Not at all. Keep your head up high. I got my application complete email in mid-July and I received an interview in December. I interviewed in January and got an acceptance in February.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users

Everyone relax! I didn’t get an interview here until February and got in 2 weeks later. I got pulled off the waitlist for an MD program end of May. You guys have a loooong way to go and you’ll likely be fine in the end ;)

*edit I was complete early July for my cycle! They don’t just skip you and never go back. Send updates if you don’t hear anything starting after thanksgiving or new years.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Everyone relax! I didn’t get an interview here until February and got in 2 weeks later. I got pulled off the waitlist for an MD program end of May. You guys have a loooong way to go and you’ll likely be fine in the end ;)

*edit I was complete early July for my cycle! They don’t just skip you and never go back. Send updates if you don’t hear anything starting after thanksgiving or new years.
Holy crap! That is around when I got complete as well.

Pray I Hope GIF

Just finished my interview today. How long after do you find out. Do you think it is a negative look if you did not attend the optional welcome sessions.

Just finished my interview today. How long after do you find out. Do you think it is a negative look if you did not attend the optional welcome sessions.
You should find out by next month. If other people report an A and you don't see anything, you are probably getting WLed when the seats fill. It might not look good if you do not attend the welcome sessions. They give you multiple opportunities. If you choose not to attend any, they may think you see the school as a safety or aren't legitimately interested.

Reactions: 1 users
What do y'all think, too late to submit a secondary here??

• Dislike