2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What GPA and MCAT score are needed to get into EVMS? can anyone share

IS II Just now. I will be withdrawing so hoping one of y'all gets the slot!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were waitlisted, how long does it take to hear back (if at all)? For reference, I interviewed 11/8 and got my WL decision in mid-December.

IS II received earlier this month, will be interviewing soon!

Reactions: 3 users
i got an interview invite for this wednesday like 2 hours ago, i responded as soon as i saw it but I got a response to that saying that "The spot is now filled, but we will add you to a future invitation list."

has anyone experienced this for this school? im worried now that this means there might be a chance i wont be interviewed at all but idk i might be reading too much into it

Reactions: 1 user
i got an interview invite for this wednesday like 2 hours ago, i responded as soon as i saw it but I got a response to that saying that "The spot is now filled, but we will add you to a future invitation list."

has anyone experienced this for this school? im worried now that this means there might be a chance i wont be interviewed at all but idk i might be reading too much into it
This is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen this cycle. Having applicants fight over a first come first served interview invitation is wild!

Yes, they move very quickly for interview spots

Hey all, EVMS med student here. Here is the Facebook group for accepted students of EVMS MD 2028! If you have any questions, feel free to DM me/post on this thread and I'll get back to you. I honestly love it here – it's a great school for many reasons, and the city of Norfolk is a fun place to live too. Regardless of where you end up, good luck! I am wishing everyone the best. Truly. :)

EVMS: please allow us 5 months to decide if we want to invite you to interview

Also EVMS, 5 minutes after inviting you to said interview:

Bruh this is a violation. My man, this is one of the few SDN posts I legitimately laughed at....good times

For any of y'all WLers, does an update make a difference with moving you up on the list? Does it move the needle at all?

Bruh this is a violation. My man, this is one of the few SDN posts I legitimately laughed at....good times

For any of y'all WLers, does an update make a difference with moving you up on the list? Does it move the needle at all?
I believe they mentioned at the zoom conference that WL "ranking" is purely based on statistics. However, I believe sending an update/LOI is only going to improve your odds of getting an A.

I believe they mentioned at the zoom conference that WL "ranking" is purely based on statistics. However, I believe sending an update/LOI is only going to improve your odds of getting an A.
Statistics as in our interview score? Also, which zoom conference was this at? The interview itself?

Also, I saw your earlier post from the 22-23 cycle. Just curious if you know if they take mid tiered WLers before top tiered ones? Seems like not all top tier WLers got an A yet some mid tier ones did. Maybe it's a lack of reporting

Just got a WL mid tier. Im OOS URM. Does anyone know how the WL moves for out of staters?

Edit:
I personally think this interview went bad for me. I left not feeling happy about my performance. Honestly not expecting much.

• Care
When should I send an update letter, should I send it with my email asking about my WL tier or like a week after?

Statistics as in our interview score? Also, which zoom conference was this at? The interview itself?

Also, I saw your earlier post from the 22-23 cycle. Just curious if you know if they take mid tiered WLers before top tiered ones? Seems like not all top tier WLers got an A yet some mid tier ones did. Maybe it's a lack of reporting
Statistics as in MCAT and GPA if I remember correctly.

Zoom conference is referring to the Wednesday meeting before your interview with the Assistant Vice Dean of Admissions and Enrollment (AE) and the EVMS Community Members. I believe they hold them every week, so you don't necessarily need to attend the one from the same week as your interview.

They do not accept top tier waitlists first. The tier is just based on your MCAT and GPA, and does not consider your interview nor application as a whole nor your fit to EVMS directly. I know one student who was top tier last season and never accepted, but after receiving "mid tier" this season they were accepted.

Just got a WL mid tier. Im OOS URM. Does anyone know how the WL moves for out of staters?

Edit:
I personally think this interview went bad for me. I left not feeling happy about my performance. Honestly not expecting much.
Anecdotally (it was tough to quantify IS vs OOS acceptance rates), people tend to say OOS have better chances of WL movement. Don't lose hope yet! WL movement is the cornerstone of EVMS' incoming class, and many "mid tier" students eventually get the A.

Statistics as in MCAT and GPA if I remember correctly.

Zoom conference is referring to the Wednesday meeting before your interview with the Assistant Vice Dean of Admissions and Enrollment (AE) and the EVMS Community Members. I believe they hold them every week, so you don't necessarily need to attend the one from the same week as your interview.

They do not accept top tier waitlists first. The tier is just based on your MCAT and GPA, and does not consider your interview nor application as a whole nor your fit to EVMS directly. I know one student who was top tier last season and never accepted, but after receiving "mid tier" this season they were accepted.
EVMS gotta be unique with their waitlist structure, don't they

They'll pull a quick one on you, even if you get top tier

Jk jk

IS II this morning

For anyone that scheduled interviews, can you confirm they don't give email confirmation for scheduled interview? They only give some emails 1 week prior to interview?

Also any advice from accepted applicants? What does EVMS really look for?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
IS II this morning

For anyone that scheduled interviews, can you confirm they don't give email confirmation for scheduled interview? They only give some emails 1 week prior to interview?

Also any advice from accepted applicants? What does EVMS really look for?
Congrats!
You're correct, no email confirmation, but they give you a reminder email one week before the interview.

For prep, look at the SDN page for EVMS and read up on ethics: Ethics in Medicine | UW Department of Bioethics & Humanities. You should be familiar with every point on that website.

EVMS has a complete virtual tour on their website.

My son received an OOS 2 invitation to interview today. We were surprised at this late date but very happy to hear.

parents on SDN is crazy hahhah
My other son is already in med school. I learned a lot off of this website from the posts and my son didn't participate and felt that I should return the favor if I had some useable information. Is there a problem with that?

Reactions: 1 users