2023-2024 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 9/27 waitlisted 11/17. I emailed back super quick (within the hour) for my tier position but it’s been silence since… anyone else experiencing this? I’m wondering if I should send a duplicate email seems like everyone else that requested their tier got responses fairly quick.

I interviewed 9/27 waitlisted 11/17. I emailed back super quick (within the hour) for my tier position but it’s been silence since… anyone else experiencing this? I’m wondering if I should send a duplicate email seems like everyone else that requested their tier got responses fairly quick.
yeah I would follow up, seems like most of us got responses really quickly (me included). they prob just missed your email

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I would follow up, seems like most of us got responses really quickly (me included). they prob just missed your email

Followed up and they had a real quick response this time, seems like they probably just missed the first email :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed in early November
Is EVMS receptive to letters of intent or interest? I cannot find their policy on update letters anywhere.

Is EVMS receptive to letters of intent or interest? I cannot find their policy on update letters anywhere.
After emailing them about the waitlist tier, they added this at the end of my email:

"If you wish to send further updates and/or a letter of intent, please send all further correspondence as attachments to: [email protected]"

Not sure if others are the same, but they seem to be cool with it.

During the presentation they said to email any updates/letter of intent to their admissions email via the format below:
I sent one email with multiple attachments for my thank you notes. The admissions office specified how to format the attachments.
Email: [email protected]
Attachments: Only PDF/Word Docs titled "Last name, First Name AMCAS ID"
Ex. Doe, John 123456.pdf

For the multiple attachments, maybe add a number or something to differentiate each one:
Ex. Doe, John 123456 - 1.pdf

Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a friend who was recently accepted in a similar interview group as me.
Did they find out that decision that same time as you did? I’m trying to mentally prepare myself whichever way it goes

IS A just now, interviewed late September and placed on waitlist mid-November at “top tier”

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
IS A just now, interviewed late September and placed on waitlist mid-November at “top tier”
AHHHH CONGRATULATIONS🎊🎊🎊🎊!!! So happy to hear there is some movement starting. Keep your finger's crossed everybody!

Last edited:
For those who were accepted, how did they notify you? I got an email stating that I was waitlisted but then got one later on in the day, stating that there's been an update... checked the portal and it has an acceptance congratulation??? Is this normal lol

• Wow
For those who were accepted, how did they notify you? I got an email stating that I was waitlisted but then got one later on in the day, stating that there's been an update... checked the portal and it has an acceptance congratulation??? Is this normal lol
Sounds like an A

10/4 Interview, 11/17 WL Mid-Tier, 12/1 Accepted!!

Thought I would never get off since I was mid-tier WL, but surprised that happened and how fast it was, must be some crazy movement on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS A, got off the waitlist!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS WL --> A at 9:00am

first (and seems like only) acceptance :D

LM 74, interviewed 09/29, waitlist "top" tier 11/17

congratulations to us all. can't wait to see you all on campus :)
is there a groupme yet?

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
OOS WL --> A at 9:00am

first (and seems like only) acceptance :D

LM 74, interviewed 09/29, waitlist "top" tier 11/17

congratulations to us all. can't wait to see you all on campus :)
is there a groupme yet?
also yess if there’s no groupme i can start one

• Love
Does anyone know what the waitlist tiers are based off? Seems like it doesn’t have much to do with when people get offered an A

Does anyone know what the waitlist tiers are based off? Seems like it doesn’t have much to do with when people get offered an A

Refer to original post below. Basically, tiers are based off of statistics, and seem to make a slight difference but does not guarantee nor prevent an acceptance.
100% agree.

CONCERNING WAITLIST STATISTICS (2022-2023):
note 1: There is no "low-tier" waitlist. No one has ever reported it, and it doesn't seem to exist.
note 2: There were only 6 straight acceptances (A) reported and 62 waitlists (WL). Do not be discouraged by a WL. Especially this early
note 3: Being put on "HOLD" is not a death sentence, but it really reduces chances of getting accepted (only 2/15 were eventually accepted).

MSAR stats (reported from EVMS):
75 out of 200 WL (37.5%) students accepted

Distributions of the reported WL:
13 "top" tier
38 "mid" tier
11 unreported tiers
62 total

Acceptance percentages for given WL brackets:
52.8% (7/13) "top" tier accepted
31.5% (12/38) "mid" tier accepted
4/11 unreported accepted
37% (23/62) total accepted

Average turnaround from WL:
~80% usually get accepted from WL within 30 days
other 20% get accepted from WL within 40-130 days

Conclusions:
EVMS' reported stats appear to be accurate. Not all students report their results on SDN, and most straight-accepted students don't appear to.

Again, WL here is not at all a death sentence. Keep doing you, and send an update letter/letter of intent 100%.

"top" tier and "mid" tier seem to have mild differences in acceptance rates, but getting placed in either bracket neither guarantees nor prevents getting an acceptance.

GETTING A WL THIS EARLY IS A GREAT SIGN! 10 out of the 23 reported WL-->A people were from November WL!

OOS A yesterday after getting waitlisted on 11/17, my first acceptance and i couldn’t be happier!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For those that interviewed, were the questions basically the exact same as from last years post?

A little late to the party but hi y’all. Posting this purely to inform, because I plan on attending EVMS and want to help my future classmates!

IS A.

AMCAS Submitted: 6.7
AMCAS Processed: 7.6
Secondary Received: 7.31
Secondary Submitted: 8.15
II: 9.19
Interview Day: 10.4
Waitlisted (Top): 11.17
Accepted: 11.30

What a wild process. I’m here to help anyone with anything. If anyone knows about a GC or thread or whatnot for the class of 2028, please send me a link/give me information!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
One thing my interviewer said was that they print out new questions the 1st of every month, so while the gist is the same, the questions do change.
For those that interviewed, were the questions basically the exact same as from last years post?

OOS no ties, II last week.

Does anyone know if they at this point interview to fill their waitlist or if there are people who have gotten A's after getting a late II?

• Love
OOS no ties, II last week.

Does anyone know if they at this point interview to fill their waitlist or if there are people who have gotten A's after getting a late II?
7/24 of people accepted in 2022-2023 SDN received the results of their interviews in January-May (unsure of their actual interview date, but I would say ~1.5 months prior).

most were waitlisted, then accepted off the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone. I have a question about interview day. I know about the Wednesday before interview day Zoom session. But on the interview day itself, do they have any informational sessions? Or is it just the interview?

Hi everyone. I have a question about interview day. I know about the Wednesday before interview day Zoom session. But on the interview day itself, do they have any informational sessions? Or is it just the interview?
Just the interview