2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly I wouldn't stress, there is a lot of waitlist movement at this school. Hoping we all here some good news here in a couple of months!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
is legit everyone getting WL rn post interview? havent seen anyone get an acceptance for a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just so everyone has a general idea. The accepted FB group has 73 members (would say around 6 or 7 are admin/current students). That is about half the projected class, so I think there are a lot of A’s to go around still.

Reactions: 1 user
How helpful do you guys think attending the closer look (in person) is for waitlisted students?

How helpful do you guys think attending the closer look (in person) is for waitlisted students?
I didn't attend last year and got in (top 1/3rd wl). If i'm not mistaken, last year they got through the middle third of the waitlist.
If you really want to attend boonshoft, a letter of intent here will be better than attending second-look.

Just so everyone has a general idea. The accepted FB group has 73 members (would say around 6 or 7 are admin/current students). That is about half the projected class, so I think there are a lot of A’s to go around still.
Im pretty sure most seats have been filled already and also a decent portion of the waitlist, based on the number of students in our portal for the 2028 class. Theres always good WL movement closer to april/may.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't attend last year and got in (top 1/3rd wl). If i'm not mistaken, last year they got through the middle third of the waitlist.
If you really want to attend boonshoft, a letter of intent here will be better than attending second-look.

Im pretty sure most seats have been filled already and also a decent portion of the waitlist, based on the number of students in our portal for the 2028 class. Theres always good WL movement closer to april/may.
How do you see those numbers?

it says they interview through march for those of u waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the interview with the admission officer open file or close —conversational or more situation based —anyone who has interviewed has any insight

Is the interview with the admission officer open file or close —conversational or more situation based —anyone who has interviewed has any insight

Definitely an open file and conversational. I was asked questions about my family members, friends, and what field they are in.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Definitely an open file and conversational. I was asked questions about my family members, friends, and what field they are in.
Sweet , how long did they take to give you a decision

For sure open file and conversational, mine was so laid back and full of laughs the whole time. Definitely a pleasant experience! Just make sure to know the mission statement and know what you put on ur application!
Curious, what do you think wright state’s mission is? I’m an accepted student and still unsure lol

has anyone been accepted here sub 500 mcat?
I cannot answer exactly for this year but I know in a previous year there was someone I know who had a sub 500 MCAT (499) and got accepted off the waitlist. Granted that is an n=1. There is hope though!

I've got an interview date for mid-this month—very late in the game. Does this mean I will most likely not get accepted here, and they are sending out interviews as a formality?

I've got an interview date for mid-this month—very late in the game. Does this mean I will most likely not get accepted here, and they are sending out interviews as a formality?
I know a lot of acceptances have already been handed out, but there is a good chance that you would be interviewing for a waitlist spot which could always turn into an A. Good luck on your interview!

are they still sending IIs? If not, does anyone know if they've sent pre-ii Rs?

I received an interview invite in mid-March last cycle, and I now go here 😂 just crush your interview!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when Boonshoft releases financial aid decisions? Also any current students know if there are merit scholarships handed/ how generous they are with aid?

Where are some good suggest apartments to rent while attending BSOM that has all of the essential —in-house dryer washer —parking space —safe area and very close to campus ?

Is there still a chance of getting an interview here? Has anyone gotten one recently?

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone planning on going to the closer look event? Also is there any waitlist groupme to join lol

I am on the waitlist but it seems like some of us on the list got the invite for the event. I signed up to attend virtually .

Just got an email saying I would be on the alternate list. Nothing else in the email indicated my position on the list. Interviewed 1/24/2024. IS Applicant, from Dayton.

I'm seeing some people are getting emails with rankings on the alternate list. Other comments from previous threads are saying that WSU breaks the AL into thirds.

Given that I didn't receive any indication of a ranking while others did, is it safe to assume that I'm in the bottom third and that I don't really have a shot at getting in later?
Hard to say exactly, you could be in the middle third which has a solid chance of getting an invite. Last year they sent out applications in June to go to a 1 year grad school at Wright State with the promise that if you met some criteria you would accepted into their med school

Thought I’ll feel better once I obtained a med interview —but waiting to hear a decision is just as heart wrecking and stressing —- only answer I want is YES not No or waitlist —

Does this school do silent rejections? Haven't heard anything since August.

Where are some good suggest apartments to rent while attending BSOM that has all of the essential —in-house dryer washer —parking space —safe area and very close to campus ?
Ashton Brooke apartments