2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news on WL movement? :)
I haven’t heard anything yet, but I know some schools have the admissions committee meet on 05/01 regarding the WL & no movement happens on that day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my acceptance! I hope my scholarships will be redistributed. Loved this school a lot, I wish the best to all <3.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How are my fellow WLer coping? I am constantly anxious bc of all this uncertainty 😭

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
i unsubscribed from everything to avoid random email notifications
notifications who? i sit at work refreshing like my life depends on it i don't even give the notification a chance

Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

• Haha
At this point, I'm willing to name my first born Wayne if it means I get in

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I’m honestly surprised they haven’t sent anything out yet. I thought they would since there’s another tour day on Monday.

• Sad
Have other ppls WL schools also been a bit sluggish?
Do you think the later fin aid this year is affecting things?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off the WL at my IS school yesterday (my first acceptance so I’m incredibly happy), but it seems like that school hasn’t had much activity either compared to previous years.

Reactions: 1 users
I got off the WL at my IS school yesterday (my first acceptance so I’m incredibly happy), but it seems like that school hasn’t had much activity either compared to previous years.
yeah idk if anyone else noticed when we got the AMCAS outreach email about the April 30th commit to enroll date but at the bottom it says:

Note: We shared the following with medical schools regarding the FAFSA delay. You are encouraged to communicate directly with the schools about your specific situation.

The medical school admissions community faces a unique challenge caused by the delay in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opening and information being available to schools and applicants. As a result, many applicants are likely lacking comprehensive information to make a final decision on where they would like to matriculate. Clear communication between applicants and medical schools will be critical and, as always, we encourage you to use information from the Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) tool to engage with applicants throughout the process. We appreciate your ongoing cooperation within the ethical framework of the Application and Acceptance Protocols for Admissions Officers and CYMS. 

Reactions: 2 users
congrats future doctor! Do you plan on matriculating to your IS school?

congrats future doctor! Do you plan on matriculating to your IS school?
Thanks!! I’m not sure. Depends on if I hear from Wayne and some other factors like COL. Wayne is my top choice but Detroit is lower COL than the location I was assigned for my IS school. Also depends on when I hear from Wayne, if it takes too long to hear from them I’ll already have everything lined up at my IS school. So we’ll see.

I’m honestly surprised they haven’t sent anything out yet. I thought they would since there’s another tour day on Monday.
Maybe they're putting their resources into organizing the tour and once they've celebrated with the accepted students then they'll pay a visit to our poor applications on the waiting list pile

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I think some schools have moved PTE dates and waitlist movement by a couple of weeks because of the FAFSA issue this year.

Reactions: 1 users
no although I'm telling myself its unlikely on a Monday and if anything we'll hear tomorrow
If you look at previous years, they usually do release decisions earlier in the week so hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. Who knows though lol

Reactions: 2 users
wondering if taking this long to start their waitlist movement might mean the number of committed students are high enough that they do not need to pull out from the waitlist at this time?

wondering if taking this long to start their waitlist movement might mean the number of committed students are high enough that they do not need to pull out from the waitlist at this time?
ok what we aren't going to do yet is this (my mental health is barley hanging on) lol

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
For what it’s worth on MSAR it says they usually pull 300 out of 600 people off the waitlist. Would be kinda crazy if this was the case because 300 is a lot.

For what it’s worth on MSAR it says they usually pull 300 out of 600 people off the waitlist. Would be kinda crazy if this was the case because 300 is a lot.
A lot of people who are now admitted were on the waitlist shortly before they got the A. These people are technically part of that 600 waitlist group. I do not think they will admit 300 people from now till July 1st. They usually admit ~600 and the tracker has been at 544 for several weeks now.

A lot of people who are now admitted were on the waitlist shortly before they got the A. These people are technically part of that 600 waitlist group. I do not think they will admit 300 people from now till July 1st. They usually admit ~600 and the tracker has been at 544 for several weeks now.
Tracker has been like that since at least March. There haven't been many acceptances since then so there hopefully are spaces available for us waitlisted people. They usually accept 700 people throughout the cycle based on previous years.

Last edited:
Ah yeah true totally forgot about that tbh

Their number last year was 738

Hey guys- I was looking at the academic calendar and was slightly confused about the start of classes.

Is it July 1st...which is coming up pretty quickly... Or, I see another term start date of September 30th which seems extremely late.

Please let me know what I am missing here ( or that i am simply dumb and can't read a calendar)

Hey guys- I was looking at the academic calendar and was slightly confused about the start of classes.

Is it July 1st...which is coming up pretty quickly... Or, I see another term start date of September 30th which seems extremely late.

Please let me know what I am missing here ( or that i am simply dumb and can't read a calendar)
its July, the med school has their own academic calendar separate from the university

Last edited:
its July, the med school has their own academic calendar separate from the university

Thank you for the link! Will be withdrawing my alternate list slot, hopefully it will help with movement somewhere down the line :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users

Orientation July 1-3, first day of classes July 8

Withdrew my A this morning (I needed extra time to evaluate aid offers). I got a stern email on Friday saying I had to pte or withdraw by May 8th at 12 PM ET or they would withdraw my offer of admission. So maybe there will be more movement towards the end of this week for you guys. Best of luck!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Withdrew my A this morning (I needed extra time to evaluate aid offers). I got a stern email on Friday saying I had to pte or withdraw by May 8th at 12 PM ET or they would withdraw my offer of admission. So maybe there will be more movement towards the end of this week for you guys. Best of luck!!
Gonna try to give myself a break today then, see you all Thursday/Friday for some anxious refreshing of emails and this page!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Officially sent my withdrawal email. Hopefully y’all will see some movement soon!

• Care
Hi everyone, since Wayne State’s first day seems to be July 1, for applicants that are currently PTE at another school, have you given yourself a hard deadline on when you will move on if you don’t hear from Wayne?